• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-Draft 2015

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams would've benefit the most from a 2015 class re-draft? Ideally, if you could take a player you didn't and put him on your team who would it be, as long as the pick positioning makes sense unless we're talking trade up. Listed some below that I would've taken who were available AT THAT PICK!

Jacksonville (3rd overall): Leonard Williams (6th overall) -OR- Marcus Peters (18th overall). Williams was projected to be a #1 overall until some attitude concerns dropped him. The D-Line pass rush he could've provided with Bradley's defensive mindset would've been HUGE.

Peters would've given Jacksonville a playmaker on D and fits in style with Bradley's secondary minded style of D. Jacksonville outside of a pass rush had nobody on D that could generate plays, and Peters seems to be that fit.

Seattle (ANY F'ING PICK!): La'El Collins (undrafted). I still don't know what the F Seattle was thinking but this just had the Seahawks written all over it before the Cowboys snagged him. Huge depth issues at guard, unproven tackle shifting to guard, and Seattle's tendency to take players with character concerns... WTF happened here? I still think had Seattle taken a stab on Collins they would've contested HFA.

Carolina (2nd): Tyler Lockett (3rd round pick). The speed and precision catching that Lockett brings would've given Cam Newton a ridiculous boost on offense. Lockett hauled in nearly 75% of his catches and was tied for most rookie TDs. Olsen + Lockett + Benjamin would've created one of the most potent passing offenses in the league.

Who else you guys got? Where should Rawls, Darby, Diggs, Rowe, Hicks, Abdullah have gone? Should Gurley have gone earlier?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1. Bucs - Winston
2. Titans - Mariota
3. Jags - Gurley
4. Raiders - Cooper
5. Redskins - Scherff
6. Jets - Williams
7. Bears - Peters
8. Falcons - Fowler
9. Giants - White
10. Rams - Rawls

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

1. Bucs - Winston
2. Titans - Mariota
3. Jags - Gurley
4. Raiders - Cooper
5. Redskins - Scherff
6. Jets - Williams
7. Bears - Peters
8. Falcons - Fowler
9. Giants - White
10. Rams - Rawls

Giants WHITE? Explain yourself...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Winston
2. Mariota
3. Peters
4. Gurley
5. Darby
6. Williams
7. Mario Edwards
8. Vic Beasley
9. Jordan Hicks
10. Rawls

old1r1sh

It's a Great Day for Hockey
Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love Marcus Peters, but that would've required a trade-up most likely

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny everyones putting rawls top 10 now he was undrafted

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
funny everyones putting rawls top 10 now he was undrafted
He had a fantastic year. If he ends up on the bench next year like so many late round RBs then we'll have to adjust but one year is a super small sample size. I barely think you can look at 2014 which is probably a more interesting discussion. Something like:

1. Texans - Derek Carr QB
2. Rams - Blake Bortles QB
3. Jaguars - Khalil Mack DE/LB
4. Bills - Odell Beckham Jr WR
5. Raiders - Aaron Donald DT
6. Falcons - Anthony Barr LB
7. Bucs - Sammy Watkins WR
8. Browns - Teddy Bridgewater QB
9. Vikings - CJ Mosley LB
10. Lions - Zack Martin OL

Although you could make the argument that Donald is so talented that the Rams could've used him more than a QB. I dont think Donald would fit the Raiders now but he'd fit them back then. I'm also not sure Mosley could do all of the things Barr does for the Vikings but he is good, too. Bridgewater might also be a better fit for what the Rams are doing.

I mean, I can't even do 2014 yet without having major doubts. 2015? Way too soon.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a fantastic year. If he ends up on the bench next year like so many late round RBs then we'll have to adjust but one year is a super small sample size. I barely think you can look at 2014 which is probably a more interesting discussion. Something like:

1. Texans - Derek Carr QB
2. Rams - Blake Bortles QB
3. Jaguars - Khalil Mack DE/LB
4. Bills - Odell Beckham Jr WR
5. Raiders - Aaron Donald DT
6. Falcons - Anthony Barr LB
7. Bucs - Sammy Watkins WR
8. Browns - Teddy Bridgewater QB
9. Vikings - CJ Mosley LB
10. Lions - Zack Martin OL

Although you could make the argument that Donald is so talented that the Rams could've used him more than a QB. I dont think Donald would fit the Raiders now but he'd fit them back then. I'm also not sure Mosley could do all of the things Barr does for the Vikings but he is good, too. Bridgewater might also be a better fit for what the Rams are doing.

I mean, I can't even do 2014 yet without having major doubts. 2015? Way too soon.

I would move Donald to either the Rams or Jaguars spot. The guy to me honestly has even passed JJ Watt for best defensive player in the league. Inside pressure like he can bring is so rare in this league. I would say it is harder to find a guy like Donald than it is a franchise QB.

I also have trouble thinking a WR deserves to be in the top-5. I know OBJ is a game changer but we have seen plenty of teams in this league do really well without a top flight WR. Heck look at the Panthers right now. Not sure some of the guys they use would even make a roster on another team yet here they are in the Super Bowl.

For me it would go...

1) Blake Bortles--Carr was greatly helped this year when he got some talent around him but it seems like half way through the year teams figured out the Raiders and Carr became an average QB again.
2) Derek Carr--While I think he isn't quite what his numbers showed this year he is still a QB that I think can start for the next 10 years and really for the Rams that would be a huge upgrade
3) Aaron Donald--He fits perfectly into the aggressive style of defense that Gus Bradley wants to play. Best player in this draft by far.
4) Ok maybe I take back what I said earlier as I do think the other players in your top-5 not at the WR position are more impactful players but all those guys fit positions of strength for the Bills already so OBJ does make sense.
5) Khalil Mack--Quickly becoming one of the premier pass rushers in the league.
6) Anthony Barr--I honestly think this kid will climb into that discussion for best linebacker in the near future
7) Teddy Bridgewater--They didn't have a QB when this draft happened and that offense suffered big time.
8) CJ Mosley--Gives them a guy they can build the defense around
9) Clowney--When healthy he is actually an impact player. I think he would fit great on that Vikings defense again if he can stay healthy.
10) Zack Martin--Got to start building a great OL to actually take advantage of the skill players they have.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would move Donald to either the Rams or Jaguars spot. The guy to me honestly has even passed JJ Watt for best defensive player in the league. Inside pressure like he can bring is so rare in this league. I would say it is harder to find a guy like Donald than it is a franchise QB.

I also have trouble thinking a WR deserves to be in the top-5. I know OBJ is a game changer but we have seen plenty of teams in this league do really well without a top flight WR. Heck look at the Panthers right now. Not sure some of the guys they use would even make a roster on another team yet here they are in the Super Bowl.

For me it would go...

1) Blake Bortles--Carr was greatly helped this year when he got some talent around him but it seems like half way through the year teams figured out the Raiders and Carr became an average QB again.
2) Derek Carr--While I think he isn't quite what his numbers showed this year he is still a QB that I think can start for the next 10 years and really for the Rams that would be a huge upgrade
3) Aaron Donald--He fits perfectly into the aggressive style of defense that Gus Bradley wants to play. Best player in this draft by far.
4) Ok maybe I take back what I said earlier as I do think the other players in your top-5 not at the WR position are more impactful players but all those guys fit positions of strength for the Bills already so OBJ does make sense.
5) Khalil Mack--Quickly becoming one of the premier pass rushers in the league.
6) Anthony Barr--I honestly think this kid will climb into that discussion for best linebacker in the near future
7) Teddy Bridgewater--They didn't have a QB when this draft happened and that offense suffered big time.
8) CJ Mosley--Gives them a guy they can build the defense around
9) Clowney--When healthy he is actually an impact player. I think he would fit great on that Vikings defense again if he can stay healthy.
10) Zack Martin--Got to start building a great OL to actually take advantage of the skill players they have.
cd, let me break this down for ya.. Pro Bowl Carr > Bortles.. All Pro DE/LB Mack Attack > Donald..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love Marcus Peters, but that would've required a trade-up most likely

Overall I was pleased with the '15 draft...not a scheme fit from college, but I did like Hunter, the LB from LSU that was picked right after Coates...athletic, thought he could make the transition to OLB.

Coates has some talent...they took him b/c they knew Bryant was likely going to miss 4 gms for weed...but they were so deep, he was barely ever active.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, let me break this down for ya.. Pro Bowl Carr > Bortles.. All Pro DE/LB Mack Attack > Donald..
Didn't like half the league make the Pro Bowl this year? Didn't Carr only make it after being an alternate and having a few QB's drop out? I'm sorry but I don't really count that as a legit Pro Bowl when so many players have to drop out just to get in. Now don't take that as me saying that Carr isn't a good QB I just don't think he is a top-10 guy in the league. I see him having a similar career to that of Jay Cutler of looking really good at times and that guy that could really explode but just never quite putting it all together. Looking at his stats this year you would think he had tremendous growth. Well when you look deeper it wasn't so much that he did much more than what he was doing last year it was that he had great talent around him compared to last year. Those 5 yard passes instead of just being a 5 yard pass were turning into huge gains. I also think though teams figured out about half way through the season what the Raiders were trying to do on offense. Carr and the Raiders looked mediocre at best on offense after about 8 weeks into the season.

As for Mack and Donald I would put them very close. You know I love Mack and hate that he is a Raider. Donald though to me truly is the best defensive player in the league even above JJ Watt. The things that Donald did this year just shouldn't even be possible.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like half the league make the Pro Bowl this year? Didn't Carr only make it after being an alternate and having a few QB's drop out? I'm sorry but I don't really count that as a legit Pro Bowl when so many players have to drop out just to get in. Now don't take that as me saying that Carr isn't a good QB I just don't think he is a top-10 guy in the league. I see him having a similar career to that of Jay Cutler of looking really good at times and that guy that could really explode but just never quite putting it all together. Looking at his stats this year you would think he had tremendous growth. Well when you look deeper it wasn't so much that he did much more than what he was doing last year it was that he had great talent around him compared to last year. Those 5 yard passes instead of just being a 5 yard pass were turning into huge gains. I also think though teams figured out about half way through the season what the Raiders were trying to do on offense. Carr and the Raiders looked mediocre at best on offense after about 8 weeks into the season.

As for Mack and Donald I would put them very close. You know I love Mack and hate that he is a Raider. Donald though to me truly is the best defensive player in the league even above JJ Watt. The things that Donald did this year just shouldn't even be possible.
They did cd.. But yet it was Carr that got to go and not Bortles.. Hmmmm, why is that?? 2nd most TDs in league history, behind only Dan the Man in their first 2 years.. The league and most fans thinks Carr is better period..
It's really no shock that you don't agree with them though..

And i think Mack is the best D player in the league.. Made history as well, by being named to the All Pro at 2 spots in the same year DE/LB.. Donald is good real good!! But the dude is not in the same league as Mack and Watts.. Im sorry.. Now make no mistake cd, i think both of those players are great young talents with bright futures.. In fact cd, i think the Jags have a great chance at the playoffs this coming year, and Bortles is a big reason why!! If St Louis could get another team, the Jags would be the one i would want.. Bright Bright Future!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did cd.. But yet it was Carr that got to go and not Bortles.. Hmmmm, why is that?? 2nd most TDs in league history, behind only Dan the Man in their first 2 years.. The league and most fans thinks Carr is better period..
It's really no shock that you don't agree with them though..

And i think Mack is the best D player in the league.. Made history as well, by being named to the All Pro at 2 spots in the same year DE/LB.. Donald is good real good!! But the dude is not in the same league as Mack and Watts.. Im sorry.. Now make no mistake cd, i think both of those players are great young talents with bright futures.. In fact cd, i think the Jags have a great chance at the playoffs this coming year, and Bortles is a big reason why!! If St Louis could get another team, the Jags would be the one i would want.. Bright Bright Future!!

Well there are plenty of reasons why. Carr had a much better OL. PFF graded them as the 6th best OL where Bortles had the 19th ranked OL. Running game also makes a difference between the two. Listen I think Carr will be a solid starter in this league. I ranked them based on what I have watched in the games of the two and I just think Bortles has the higher ceiling of the two. This is all opinion based obviously so you have your opinion and I have mine. Same with Mack and Donald. While I do think stats wise you have reason to rank Carr ahead of Bortles I would say the reverse then for Donald and Mack as Donald has ridiculous stats to back up that he is the best defensive player in the league. Again for me Mack is very much up there in my rankings for top defensive players but he has a little ways to go before being considered best defensive player in the league. As for him being voted to 2 spots pretty much every analyst out there thinks that is ridiculous for him to have been voted that way. He is an All-Pro which is great but there is a difference between being All-Pro and being the best.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i think Mack is the best D player in the league.. Made history as well, by being named to the All Pro at 2 spots in the same year DE/LB.. Donald is good real good!! But the dude is not in the same league as Mack and Watts.. Im sorry..
Best D player in the league is 100% debatable but the short list is Watt, Von Miller, Mack, Donald and Sherman. I don't really think there is an order as to who is better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pro Bowl ALTERNATE Carr, let's not overstate things. Tyrod Taylor was in the pro bowl too.

I see Carr as a Carson Palmer type, with Bortles being more like Roethlisberger. Both should be very good, but success will ultimately depend on their surroundings.