• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rawls Value

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 12 team PPR keeper league. I was planning on keeping him, but not so sure anymore. Right now I am keeping: Rawls, Bell, Gordon, OBJ.

On the bench are: Ryan, M.Thomas (NO), Charles, DT,

I am toying with Thomas now that Cooks is in NE. That will set me up with 2 solid RB and 2 solid WR.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a 12 team PPR keeper league. I was planning on keeping him, but not so sure anymore. Right now I am keeping: Rawls, Bell, Gordon, OBJ.

On the bench are: Ryan, M.Thomas (NO), Charles, DT,

I am toying with Thomas now that Cooks is in NE. That will set me up with 2 solid RB and 2 solid WR.
Josh Gordon, or Melvin Gordon? Please say Melvin..
But easily without question Thomas over Rawls.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon, or Melvin Gordon? Please say Melvin..
But easily without question Thomas over Rawls.

It's Melvin for sure..LOL

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas over Rawls. Lacy gonna be the in between the tackle guy that Rawls was. And prosise will be the third down back. Don't see a whole lot if work there for Rawls unless lact gets hurt or he gets traded which is probably not gonna happen.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another vote for M. Thomas.
looks real good and Brees liked him right away.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go Thomas.
Re: Rawls; It's one thing to bring in RB for depth, but bringing in Lacy is more than just a depth addition IMO. That's a red flag to me if I'm a Rawls owner.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thomas, but DT could thrive in the new attacking system

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thomas, but DT could thrive in the new attacking system
?? What attacking system? Led by what QB, protected by what line? And, limited by a strong D? Simien and lynch are no Philip Rivers. If the Broncos don't find a couple tackles, and a strong QB, they'll be the next ground and pound experts and hope the defense saves the day every week

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow is Thomas going to be underrated like this come August? I hope so.

Rawls has no role.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect his value to climb by August.

You did make me wonder about something though so I had to do some research. Here's some facts:
  • Drew Brees has been the QB in NO since 2006.
  • The lead WR/TE in the Saints offense has averaged 1107.8 yards per season.
  • The 2nd-leading receiver on the Saints has averaged 913.4 yards per season.
  • Only 3 times (in 11 years) did both receivers top 1K. (2011, 2012, and 2016)
  • Also only 3 times did any receiver have more than 1200 yards.
I guess my point is that N'Orleans spreads the ball around.
Not down-playing Thomas (cause I like him too) but history shows with Brees/Peyton that he may not be the type of WR that reaches Brown/Jones/Evans/Green/Hilton type numbers.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect his value to climb by August.

You did make me wonder about something though so I had to do some research. Here's some facts:
  • Drew Brees has been the QB in NO since 2006.
  • The lead WR/TE in the Saints offense has averaged 1107.8 yards per season.
  • The 2nd-leading receiver on the Saints has averaged 913.4 yards per season.
  • Only 3 times (in 11 years) did both receivers top 1K. (2011, 2012, and 2016)
  • Also only 3 times did any receiver have more than 1200 yards.
I guess my point is that N'Orleans spreads the ball around.
Not down-playing Thomas (cause I like him too) but history shows with Brees/Peyton that he may not be the type of WR that reaches Brown/Jones/Evans/Green/Hilton type numbers.
Agree about not reaching those kind of numbers. Also change is a coming in NO, Brees can't play forever and Peyton time there could be ending unless they see more success then 7-9 like the last three years. So in a redraft I'd be happy to land Thomas, but in dynasty I'd be a bit leary, because if either Brees or Peyton leaves, it's a whole different ball game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about not reaching those kind of numbers. Also change is a coming in NO, Brees can't play forever and Peyton time there could be ending unless they see more success then 7-9 like the last three years. So in a redraft I'd be happy to land Thomas, but in dynasty I'd be a bit leary, because if either Brees or Peyton leaves, it's a whole different ball game.

I pretty much agree, however, devil's advocate here.. should the QB retire, the coach leaves, and they insert a system that's more of a #1 WR featured passing game instead of spread it everywhere.. he may very well each those types of numbers, if paired with a competent or better QB..but again, devil's advocate, those are both big "ifs"

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much agree, however, devil's advocate here.. should the QB retire, the coach leaves, and they insert a system that's more of a #1 WR featured passing game instead of spread it everywhere.. he may very well each those types of numbers, if paired with a competent or better QB..but again, devil's advocate, those are both big "ifs"

At the moment I don't see a competent replacement on the roster and we all know how hard they are to come by so....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment I don't see a competent replacement on the roster and we all know how hard they are to come by so....
Oh no, for sure.. They'd have to hit on a draft pick who can learn under Brees for however long that may be..

My point being, i think Thomas could be that good that he didn't need Sean Peyton's offense too be a WR1...but again, cards would have tho fall right, and they usually don't.. not very many teams get a Brett Favre to Aaron Rodgers or Peyton to Luck transition..i wouldn't even put Romo and Prescott in that same vein

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all i know is it wont be as much fun watching from the frozen north when Brees steps away

Luv watching Drew play as i did watching Brett

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rawls has no role.

Most definitely not. He's probably a third rounder like Cooks was and that might be too high for me to take him. Brees loves the second-year bounceback player so I have a feeling he's gonna be throwing a lot to Fleener, which is going to hurt Thomas' value as the TE if productive is the main redzone target. And then SP didn't bring on Ginn for nothing and he's going to exploit Kamara and AP. They may be running the ball a lot more next year with RB changes they have made. I don't see another 11 TD season or one with TDs spread across. Given that first year successes almost always are followed by sophomore slumps in terms of fantasy value, it just makes sense to me to see Thomas not get as much productive. If he is, I hate to think of what will be of the saints offense next year in the event of a injury.