• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ratings Report : NFL ratings down 8% in 2016

Did you watch less games this year than you did last year?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TNF is the worst thing to happen to the NFL. Watched once this year. Week 2.

In one breath, the NFL can pretend to care about safety, and then tell players they have three days to recover from an NFL game.

Greedy fucking bastards.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In one breath, the NFL can pretend to care about safety, and then tell players they have three days to recover from an NFL game.

Greedy fucking bastards.
Well funny thing is retired players have said they prefer having one Thursday night game a year. Coaches don't make them hardly practice during the week to save them for the game then they get extra days off to take a small vacation during the season.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early in the year with all the political Kaep bullshit, I watched less. Just didn't want to deal with it. Would rather go do something less preachy and then just check the FF scores. Watched Dallas play, but the other games...couldn't care less.

once Kaep shut the fuck up and the announcers did as well, I was watching more games. I did get tired of spending 3.5 hours to watch a game with about 12 seconds of interesting action.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greedy fucking bastards.

Every thursday I had the same reaction: "Shit, TNF. I forgot to double check my lineup and get my pickems done. Oh well, back to something that isn't a shitty matchup with two teams whose uniforms hurt my eyes".

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the product many teams put on the field is lacking. Combine that with a changing America, more interest in sports like basketball and soccer, and you see a scenario where maybe the NFL has peaked as a sport in the US. They probably know this and that is why they are trying to go international.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the product many teams put on the field is lacking. Combine that with a changing America, more interest in sports like basketball and soccer, and you see a scenario where maybe the NFL has peaked as a sport in the US. They probably know this and that is why they are trying to go international.

NBA is on the way up. I know it has played 3rd fiddle to MLB and NFL (probably NCAA) but they are showing they aren't afraid to adapt. NFL and MLB have a lot of purists that won't let rules change, or greedy owners that will only let changes happen that put more money in their pocket at the expense of their future. NBA is looking at shortening games, putting a better product out there, not taking stars away for pot, pretty much anything that will improve the experience. But their commissioner has his eye on the future and not just squeezing every penny out of fans today.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is clearly top dog now IMO when you look at it globally.

MLB has dropped way off, though it is coming off a good season.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched less this year. I now have about 0 interest in any team other than the Steelers, for a variety of reasons.

And even there, stupid NFL franchising rules means Central Pennsylvania belongs to the fucking Ratbirds, so there were, IIRC, 5 games that preempted Steeler games. That's more than usual. So, I either pirated the game, or listened on the radio.