• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ratings Report : NFL ratings down 8% in 2016

Did you watch less games this year than you did last year?

• Yes

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%

• Total voters

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so many cutting the cord with cable is a big reason... ESPN is grabbing some of these big games and people are just saying @#^ it....
Very true, but do ratings on other devices count?

I watch all the games on the ESPN app, on my apple tv or Xbox 1

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Football

Red Zone Channell

The End

Reactions: TJL

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think so many cutting the cord with cable is a big reason... ESPN is grabbing some of these big games and people are just saying @#^ it....
ESPN is grabbing some big games? Outside Dallas and Detroit what other big game did ESPN have?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true, but do ratings on other devices count?

I watch all the games on the ESPN app, on my apple tv or Xbox 1

Yeah , I think that would count...

Reactions: TJL

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is grabbing some big games? Outside Dallas and Detroit what other big game did ESPN have?

I don't know every game, but through the season they've nabbed games that viewers simply don't have cable to watch....

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cut the cord. I get all the networks over the air and ESPN and NFL network for $35/month on Playstation Vue. I don't miss a game.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL will never admit it, but CTE is part of it. Parents don't want their kids playing and thus don't encourage them to play by watching.

The rules changes put in place to help prevent CTE are also changing the game. Receivers aren't as scared to go over the middle. QBs are playing in a bubble. Yeah, you still see some hits and it's still a rough game, but all these changes have given the advantage to the team with the best QB.

The salary cap and revenue sharing leveled the playing field and resulted in the NFL's growth. CTE, rules changes and anthem protests have turned off a lot of people.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love to see the night games getting hammered in ratings. They are on too late and too many nights of the week have NFL football on.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually don't mind Thursday night games either. Not a fan of the jerseys they are usually wearing making it hard to watch but hey got to love the chance to watch football. And honestly it is funny I have listened to a lot of ex-players talk about the Thursday games and they said they loved them. The entire week of practice coaches won't hardly make the guys physically do much so they get to rest up a bit. Then you get a few extra days off after the game is over to do whatever. I do think the whole player safety thing is overblown.

And then the game fucking blows between two unprepared teams. Absolute shit football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then the game fucking blows between two unprepared teams. Absolute shit football.

Over half the games were a one score game this year. So pretty par for the course for the rest of the NFL games. Players have adjusted over the last few years to make the games actually a much more competitive game.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over half the games were a one score game this year. So pretty par for the course for the rest of the NFL games. Players have adjusted over the last few years to make the games actually a much more competitive game.

Awful football that ends up a one score difference is not worth watching. Basically what you are saying is 2 and 1/2 hours of awful football is canceled out by what happens between 11:30 and midnight? No Fing way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful football that ends up a one score difference is not worth watching. Basically what you are saying is 2 and 1/2 hours of awful football is canceled out by what happens between 11:30 and midnight? No Fing way.

What? I guess if you want to go back and tell me all the games that just allowed garbage points to get teams back into go ahead. Otherwise most of the games were competitive from what I can tell and remember.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I guess if you want to go back and tell me all the games that just allowed garbage points to get teams back into go ahead. Otherwise most of the games were competitive from what I can tell and remember.

You are still stuck on this word 'competitive' when I am talking about quality football. I can play a competitive close scoring game of shitty football in my backyard.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are still stuck on this word 'competitive' when I am talking about quality football. I can play a competitive close scoring game of shitty football in my backyard.

Ok well other than the last 2 games in the playoffs the rest have been terrible quality games. They have given these teams an entire week to prepare and this is what we have seen. So hard for me to sit here and say the Thursday games are terrible quality when yeah even if they are sloppy at least most of the games are half way close. Still comes down to a play or two.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted NO, but maybe the changing demographics and new technologies have something to do with it. The millenials, and centennials or whatever they're called, can't sit still and have an attention span of 2-3 minutes so I can't imagine them wanting to sit through 3+ hours of football.
On the flip side, I bet most baby boomers and gen-Xers watch regardless of all the complaining they do about the refs, watered down product, etc., so that is probably not affecting the ratings.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok well other than the last 2 games in the playoffs the rest have been terrible quality games. They have given these teams an entire week to prepare and this is what we have seen. So hard for me to sit here and say the Thursday games are terrible quality when yeah even if they are sloppy at least most of the games are half way close. Still comes down to a play or two.

I can't figure out what you are calling quality football and not quality football. The playoffs look sloppier in some ways because of sloppily put together referees. If you think you are watching something other than prepared playoff teams, then I don't know what to tell you. A 9-6 Thursday night game with two dysfunctional QBs and a lack of overall healthy talent is not good football.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The amount of commercials is too much for me. Outside of my favorite team it's extremely hard for me to stay focused on a game. If I see a team score I know I don't have to look at the screen for the next 10-15 minutes.