• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rating the Rose Bowl Teams

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last 5 years...

1. USC 2009; great offense, incredible defense, tons of depth and impact players all over the field, tons of experience and a whole lot of x factor.

2. USC 2008; really just the beginning of what would eventually take the field a year later.

3. TCU 2011; experienced, efficient, a lot of athletic playmakers on both sides of the ball, good offense with a very intelligent/dynamic QB throwing to some very good receivers, incredible speed based defense with some powerful tackles holding the middle.

4. Wisconsin 2011; experienced juggernaut run game that trounced through the back half of October and the rest of the season including the 2011 Sugar Bowl champs, smart quarterback with a quick release and solid receivers. Defense was solid with a few gamers, though TCU was able to get after their weak points to score points.

5. Penn State 2009; solid all around team with a lot of experience, efficient QB and stout defense. What they lacked in flare they made up for in power and efficiency. Some athletes scattered on both sides of the ball, particularly with the receivers they had relied on for a few years. Just getting points on the board against a fired up USC(who should have been in the NCG) at the Rose Bowl says an awful lot.

6. Ohio State 2010; great defense, inconsistent offense but with a playmaker at qb and a solid offensive line they made their plays.

7. Oregon 2012; athletes all over the field, survived a shoot out with a very potent Wisconsin offense.

8. Wisconsin 2012; perhaps one of the hottest playmakers the B1G has seen in a long time, a reloaded offensive line with Monte Ball, but with big weaknesses on the defensive edge and backfield.

9. Oregon 2010; dynamic offense...pushover defense.

10. Illinois 2008; athletic, surprising, but not that good.

EvilVodka

Warlock
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Oregon 2012 a lot higher...possibly top 3

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Oregon 2012 a lot higher...possibly top 3

I don't know. Defense wins championships. TCU had a great one, Oregon has never been above average on defense.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree with 1 and 10. Neither of those teams should have been playing in the Rose Bowl....

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely agree with 1 and 10. Neither of those teams should have been playing in the Rose Bowl....

The rest was kind of difficult. I'm not so sure that I shouldn't have put both Oregon 2012 and Wisconsin 2012 ahead of Penn State and Ohio State.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rest was kind of difficult. I'm not so sure that I shouldn't have put both Oregon 2012 and Wisconsin 2012 ahead of Penn State and Ohio State.

I would put them ahead of Penn State for sure.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are vastly underrating both of the 2012 teams. We were better this year than we were last year pretty much everywhere but the lines. Good defenses could shut down our offense in 2010 (2011 Rose Bowl) because any team with a decent secondary could shut down our receivers. We had a great rushing game, but that just isn't as potent as our offense was this year. I felt that our LBs were much better this year than last. Nothing against Blake Sorenson or Culmer St. Jean, but a healthy Taylor and Borland are about ten times better. While it would have been great to have the 2010 D-Line this year, the reality is that 2011 Wisconsin would kill 2010 Wisconsin in a neutral site game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My full list would be:

1. USC 2009
2. Oregon 2012
3. USC 2008
4. Wisconsin 2012
5. Penn State 2009
(Big Dropoff)
6. TCU 2011
7. Wisconsin 2011
(Big Dropoff)
8. Ohio State 2010
9. Oregon 2010
(Big Dropoff)
10. Illinois 2008

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are vastly underrating both of the 2012 teams. We were better this year than we were last year pretty much everywhere but the lines. Good defenses could shut down our offense in 2010 (2011 Rose Bowl) because any team with a decent secondary could shut down our receivers. We had a great rushing game, but that just isn't as potent as our offense was this year. I felt that our LBs were much better this year than last. Nothing against Blake Sorenson or Culmer St. Jean, but a healthy Taylor and Borland are about ten times better. While it would have been great to have the 2010 D-Line this year, the reality is that 2011 Wisconsin would kill 2010 Wisconsin in a neutral site game.

Not even TCU really shut our offense down last year after the month of September, and their defense was miles better than Oregon's.... Everyone else got absolutely blown out, so, you're full of shit. Last year's defense was on the field after short drives even more than this years. And I feel sorry for any of the defensive ends from this year going up against Carimi and Moffitt without Watt's help..so...

We had JJ Watt on the line, which made the defensive line one of the strengths of the defense, rather than forcing the linebackers to lead the B1G in tackles at 1 and 2. Yes, Borland and Taylor were much better this year, but they HAD to be. Niles Brinkley was vastly superior to Cromartie. Jay Valai was a run stuffer, Aaron Henry was just as good last year as this year. Tolzien had Kendricks. The offensive line was a juggernaut that both Ball and White excelled behind. Toon had big games, though he played hurt most of the season. Abbredaris was already performing. People are forgetting Scott Tolzien, but he was did a great job.

I may be underestimating this year's team despite their penchant for bad special teams and big mistakes in big games....

But I not only disagree that they were better than last season's team, I think you're being absolutely ridiculous saying they would kill last year's team. And what would "neutral" be in terms of a playing field? Hmmm....

In short. You're wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list...

1. 1943 Rose Bowl Champs
2. Everyone else...