• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate your team's trade deadline

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give the Braves a B-

Jonny Venters for international cash- He ain't what he used to be back he was he Craig Kimbrel's setup man, but he's better than what we had, and we traded money we aren't allowed to spend anyways.

Brad Brach for international cash- He's struggled lately. Has been really good in the past. Not expecting much, if he can be 3/4 of the pitcher he has been, he'll be substantial upgrade over what we had. Plus like Venters, we gave up money we aren't allowed to spend to get him.

Adam Duvall for Lucas Sims, Matt Wisler and Preston Tucker- Duvall will provide power from the bench, and will be a semi platoon with Ender Inciarte(Acuna will play center when Ender sits). Not expecting much, and I can already tell that I'm probably not gonna like him before he's even put on a Braves jersey yet. But I still like this move because we finally got rid of Lucas Sims and Matt Wisler. Both are nothing more than AAAA pitchers who have sucked in every opportunity they've been given. I appreciate what Tucker did for us in April, but he was of little use in AAA.

Kevin Gausman and Darren O'Day for Evan Phillips, Brett Cumberland, Bruce Zimmermann and Jean Carlos Encarnacion- I'm hoping getting Gausman out of the AL East will boost his numbers. And while O'Day can't help us this season, he'll be a nice piece for next season. Brett Cumberland grades as a backup catcher, JCE is a long ways away. I hate seeing Phillips and Zimmermann go though. Phillips has potential to be a good setup man and Zimmermann has been pretty good at all minors stops this year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought the Red Sox biggest need was the bullpen. Was it addressed? NO... I mean sure Evoldi could go into the pen but not why he was taken... Dumbroski saying now it's a good pen they have and no one is better than them... They got Kinsler which I was shaking my head when I woke up this morning but the more I am thinking about it and hearing people qoute his stats and post season experience etc I like the move..... But I think they could/should have done better

Rank - C

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really thought the Red Sox biggest need was the bullpen. Was it addressed? NO... I mean sure Evoldi could go into the pen but not why he was taken... Dumbroski saying now it's a good pen they have and no one is better than them... They got Kinsler which I was shaking my head when I woke up this morning but the more I am thinking about it and hearing people qoute his stats and post season experience etc I like the move..... But I think they could/should have done better

Rank - C

Eovaldi is a real nice starting pitcher and Kinsler is a good asset to have, especially with Pedroia gone for the season.

Hard to really complain when you have the best record in baseball and have already essentially clinched a playoff spot before August.

The rest of us common folk here are just trying to scrape enough pieces together to be able to play baseball in October.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eovaldi is a real nice starting pitcher and Kinsler is a good asset to have, especially with Pedroia gone for the season.

Hard to really complain when you have the best record in baseball and have already essentially clinched a playoff spot before August.

The rest of us common folk here are just trying to scrape enough pieces together to be able to play baseball in October.

Hopefully he can continue what he did in his first outing and Kinsler returns to his '14-16 form... That would be great! I am just a little annoyed how it seemed like it was being thrown down our throat that the Red Sox would get bullpen help and then they didn't. I still rate it a C as a trade wise goes.. I am super excited about this team right now but worried about October and hope our pen doesn't crack like it's done in the past few years..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the 2 ptbnl arent in the top 5 of our minorleagers left, I'll give em a B+, partially because I'm realllllllllllly low on Glasnow.

Pittsburgh Pirates 2018 (great site if you dont have it bookmarked btw.)

Has Kela(2 arb years left) as the 12the best rp in baseball this year and Archer(1yr and 2 options) can give us innings and hopefully get better in the NL.

We got those 2 without giving up any of our young pitchers too(again I dont count glasnow). Getting Dickerson for a bag of trash eases the loss of Meadows. If those 2 ptbnl are Keller and Baz or something crazy like that, Ill move that B+ to an F.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming the 2 ptbnl arent in the top 5 of our minorleagers left, I'll give em a B+, partially because I'm realllllllllllly low on Glasnow.

Has Kela(2 arb years left) as the 12the best rp in baseball this year and Archer(1yr and 2 options) can give us innings and hopefully get better in the NL.

We got those 2 without giving up any of our young pitchers too(again I dont count glasnow). Getting Dickerson for a bag of trash eases the loss of Meadows. If those 2 ptbnl are Keller and Baz or something crazy like that, Ill move that B+ to an F.

I'm not keen on the Pirates prospects, or have any clue who this guy is referring to:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact they are buyers makes it an A in my book. They have for so long over valued prospects and we see how far that got them.

With that said dealing Keller or Baz is crazy talk unless you are getting more than archer.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid C ... Gave away a decent centerfielder who didn't fit in to our long term plans to assist the Indians in their quest for a World Series Championship. In return we received a middle infielder who probably won't make an impact. Not good or bad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not keen on the Pirates prospects, or have any clue who this guy is referring to:

Yep, I dont like that tweet. Its been reported that the 2 ptbnl have been agreed. I guess the still being ptbnl is related to medicals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said dealing Keller or Baz is crazy talk unless you are getting more than archer.

I dont think it will be anyone big, I just wish they would say who it is and get it over.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it will be anyone big, I just wish they would say who it is and get it over.
Yeah neither do I think it will be a big name. I have a weird feeling though it will be Cole Tucker.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say B-.

Managed to upgrade at positions of need, at least offensively. Not happy that they gave up on Kilome, though.

Didn't do much for the bullpen, but they may be able to find someone else on the trash heap in August.

If they win the division, and the Mets ruin Kilome's elbow, I'll be willing to revise it upward.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B+

We are in a retool. Trade old and Bad Charatcer players for good prospects.

Compete for the division in 2 or 3 years

Donaldson was my only issue

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-

Swapping Warren for Lynn is an upgrade, especially considering the finances are a wash and they got themselves some international money and signed the best international player with it

I believe Happ will be solid and give the team a chance to win every 5 days, and Britton will just help shorten games in October

All this without losing one player that would have been projected in the everyday Yankee lineup or rotation, barring catastrophe, maybe ever

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B-

Red Sox managed to add pitching depth (Eovaldi) and insurance at 2nd base (Kinsler) without giving up too much, though I have a feeling they'll regret letting go of Beeks. Would have been nice to see them get another reliever, though they do have some options in AAA even after giving up Buttrey and Jerez and they could shift one of the rotation guys over (Pomeranz?).

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox

B-

no bullpen help, but eovaldi will be useful as a starter or long relief in the playoffs. kinsler was a good get, fills a huge gap at 2nd. pomeranz may be in the pen too. both guys can be used 2 ways. plus thornburg, if he ever comes back to form. who knows?

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates get a tentative A-

They traded from a place of strength to get Chris Archer who should be much better in the NL. Glasnow had parts of three seasons and never got better to the point where he fell off the starter depth chart. Meadows is probably going to be a good player but he was blocked from starting the next two seasons and the team has plenty of outfield prospects to fill the void if they don't bring Corey Dickerson back after 2019. I liked Hearn as a prospect but he has his share of red flags also but should at least be a good reliever. Santana-Crick-Kela-Vazquez until 2020 is a really exciting bullpen.

Best part is the amount of control. No excuse for this team not to be a bigger time contender in 2019 and 2020. I also give it an extra boost because it was just what the team needed to do for the fans and the players.

Tentativeness is on the PTNBL. It doesn't sound like it will be Mitch Keller or Ke'Bryan Hayes so that's already a plus.

Last edited:

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW I think the Rays did really well in the Archer trade as well. Meadows will be a fixture in their OF, Glasnow still has a very high ceiling and the last player can be useful.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with what the Red Sox have done. B