• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rapid Recruitment for Skylar and WVU

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt it is a open try out for QB 1 and like most things may the best player earn it.

DH will pick the player that gives us the best chance to win, hopefully that player knows what to do with it from there. lol

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never did find the Crest stats.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB situation is puzzling. I know I took it for granted that Dana could use any QB skill set and find a way for his system to flourish.

While I have no answers, it does appear that a QB lacking mobility will have trouble in his system if there is not solid O-line protection.

He mentioned when he first arrived he wanted his QB's to release the ball within 3-4 seconds… I don't remember the exact timing. He said he knew his line could not protect for much longer.

It appears DC's have begun to challenge this timing reference by jamming the WR's… thus making it more difficult to get to their spots and to get open, and this creates problems for a QB asked to sit in the pocket and make multiple reads.

Having QB's who don't show enough maturity to become leaders… to learn the offense… to learn the hand signals… is troubling. However, a lot of problems dealt with kids not ready to be Div 1 QB's. Neither Clint or Paul are Div 1 QB's… and the only guy we had who had the pedigree… tore his pectoral muscle.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we did take that for granted....until this year it seemed he could do it with any QB with any skill set.....I think it is more than what DC's are doing. I think this year we saw what a impact losing Jake from the staff. I think each Clint and Paul showed promise, but niether fixed the issues through out the season that plagued them from the start...IMO Paul is just solid footwork away from being a QB who could run this system very good, Clint is extra work off the field from being average. Clint was 3 INT drops from Ok St being a loss. I am hard on this kid, but damn I hate it when guys seem entitled. lol

Howard played in this system and played well, his skill sets are just as good as the three we have here...plus he has the exp. I will be a big fan of his come spring.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that scares me is even when we had a QB that could run in Geno we didn't use him in that aspect very much. Some of that could be credit to Geno being a good passer and getting rid of the ball but I also remember an interview with Geno before the '12 season where he stated that Dana did not want him running at all if possible. We need to run the QB more IMO, but will he even when he has one that CAN run? I have my doubts.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that scares me is even when we had a QB that could run in Geno we didn't use him in that aspect very much. Some of that could be credit to Geno being a good passer and getting rid of the ball but I also remember an interview with Geno before the '12 season where he stated that Dana did not want him running at all if possible. We need to run the QB more IMO, but will he even when he has one that CAN run? I have my doubts.

Now knowing what was behind Geno as far as depth can you blame him? lol