• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the Mountain West teams, week 1

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do a ranking for how everyone appears to stand in the Mountain West each week, feel free to do your rankings too.

1. Boise State-I'll give us the benefit of the doubt and rank us first for now, it's not easy to measure though when some of the biggest competitors played terrible FCS teams.
2. Colorado State- I had them as the 3rd best team, so after Utah State's performance they move up by default, Savannah State is about as bad as they come.
3. Air Force- They didn't play a good FCS opponent either, but they appear to be the 3rd best team for now.
4. San Jose State- I figured it would take them a year to get better but they appear better already, they destroyed New Hampshire, which doesn't sound like much but they're better than a lot of FBS teams.
5. San Diego State- They scored 37 points on San Diego, their offense was only responsible for 13 of those points, so the most points for San Diego State actually came from Calvin Munson on the defense, they also had a kick return TD, and the other field goal was because they were put in a good position by an interception thanks to the defense. Basically their defense looks great, special teams might be good, but their offense is a huge concern.
6. New Mexico- I expect them to be much improved, and they did what they need to yesterday, a rare shutout was the only surprise.
7. Hawai'i - definitely better than I expected them to be, they took down Colorado who I thought would be improved this year.
8. Nevada- May have sandbagged against UC Davis because they could, next two weeks against Arizona and Texas A&M will tell us some things about them.
9. Fresno State- Could have sandbagged as well, Waller was impressive.
10. UNLV- they may have lost but they looked good in doing so, never expected them to give such a fight to Northern Illinois on the road, Northern Illinois does have a tendency to beat inferior opponents like that so not that excited yet.
11. Utah State - I'm probably not overreacting here, they were absolutely horrific against Southern Utah of all team, they needed a miraculous late kickoff return touchdown to win that one, this team is in trouble.
12. Wyoming- I thought they would be better but clearly Bohl has some work to do, they struggled big time in a loss to North Dakota.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought for sure UNLV was gonna get crushed last night. Sure wish they could get their football program going in the right direction though.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very impressive and surprising performance by UNLV

the high school coach route has never worked before but maybe they can make it work somehow

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would certainly be nice, Las Vegas is a big city that doesn't have anything for sports so if UNLV can finally start playing good they could get a lot of a big city on board.