• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the college football coaches entering 2017

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expected Bielema to be lower than 27

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches who do not belong on this list:

Paul Johnson
Kirk Ferentz (for fuck's sake, one day somebody has to explain the hype about this guy)
Pat Fitzgerald (will never win or compete for the B1G)
David Cutcliffe (will never win the ACC)

I get it why Fitz and Cut are on this list b/c it's Duke and N'Western, two private schools that have historically been shitty, but so has Stanford and Shaw has won conference titles and a Rose Bowl. Shaw deserves to be on this list, but the other two do not, IMO......

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The PAC North has three HC's in the top 25 and one PAC South HC made the top 25 so that's all good.

PAC North > PAC South

Ummm, yeah, I'm not even sure if Whittingham deserves to be there. 8 players drafted to the NFL and still lost 4 games last year and hasn't won the South division yet. Hell, even the Arizona schools have won the South division.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day AG posted another list about what if a coach leaves their current school and the article was saying Shaw would replace Harbs at Michigan, what does the writer think Shaw likes walking in Harb's shadow?

Who knows how long Jimmy Jam will be in ann arbor. I still think his overly competitive drive will lead him back to the NFL, that S.B. loss to his brother has to burn him up. As far as Shaw being the next meeeechegan coach...right now I could see them going after Les Miles 1st since he played for them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows how long Jimmy Jam will be in ann arbor. I still think his overly competitive drive will lead him back to the NFL, that S.B. loss to his brother has to burn him up. As far as Shaw being the next meeeechegan coach...right now I could see them going after Les Miles 1st since he played for them.

Agreed about Harb's, about the NFL itch, but I also could see him staying at Michigan for a while. Sometimes these guys like the non business approach for college ball compared to the big leagues.

Shaw I can't see him ever leaving Stanford, unless the well goes dry of athletes that can't pass a advanced math class. If anything his standards and what is required at Stanford, Notre Dame would be foolish not to target him....

Lester might have to swallow his pride and take a job without the hype behind the football program some where else. I think he can take a middle of the pack school and turn the buzz on campus real fast. He takes pride in his players and talks them up better then anyone, his downfall is he needs a good quality offensive play caller that can develop young QB's though for him to get a job!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, looking at the complete list......

they really have no love for Kevin Sumlin and Kliff Kingsbury, LOL

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other day AG posted another list about what if a coach leaves their current school and the article was saying Shaw would replace Harbs at Michigan, what does the writer think Shaw likes walking in Harb's shadow?
You shut your whore mouth.
I posted that link.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his credit, I don't think any coach in the country could win the ACC at Duke.

BZP4J2HCMAABP68.0.jpg

This guy did ^^^^

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about Harb's, about the NFL itch, but I also could see him staying at Michigan for a while. Sometimes these guys like the non business approach for college ball compared to the big leagues.

Shaw I can't see him ever leaving Stanford, unless the well goes dry of athletes that can't pass a advanced math class. If anything his standards and what is required at Stanford, Notre Dame would be foolish not to target him....

Lester might have to swallow his pride and take a job without the hype behind the football program some where else. I think he can take a middle of the pack school and turn the buzz on campus real fast. He takes pride in his players and talks them up better then anyone, his downfall is he needs a good quality offensive play caller that can develop young QB's though for him to get a job!

I agree that JH will be in ann arbor for a while. Probably should have worded it differently. And Shaw...he has a great thing going right now. Unless some program offers him a crazy contract there's really no reason to take another job.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that JH will be in ann arbor for a while. Probably should have worded it differently. And Shaw...he has a great thing going right now. Unless some program offers him a crazy contract there's really no reason to take another job.

Stanford is Shaw's alma mater. He should never leave Stanford as he has ZERO pressure out in Palo Alto.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is Shaw's alma mater. He should never leave Stanford as he has ZERO pressure out in Palo Alto.

Damn I didn't even realize Shaw went to Stanford. I thought the only current coaches coaching @ their alma mater were Richt (The U), Smart (Georgia) & Harbaugh (I refuse to say the name of that school right now).

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends what you consider "never doing anything". Jimbo's won one conference championship without Winston, same said for Dabo without Watson. The last 6 ACC championships are split 3 Clemson and 3 FSU.

We did just end this past season #8 in the country with an Orange Bowl victory over a very good Michigan team. Not a bad year for having a very young team.

Also, a huge part of coaching is recruiting. Getting the #1 QB recruit in the country (Winston) from the state of Alabama during the Saban's dynasty isn't easy. I find that people knock Jimbo because he was successful with Jameis. Jimbo had a record 29 draft picks in 3 years. That's quality coaching/recruiting.

So far both coaches have had a similar success, IMO. I could see ranking #3 either way. Dabo is thought of as #3 now, obviously due to his recent success, which I definitely understand.

Normally I hate these lists, but at least we get to talk football in May.

Saying he never did anything without Jameis is a stretch, I admit, but if the knock on Dabo is he hasn't proven he get get to the title game without Watson, you have to say the same thing about Jimbo and Winston.

And Dabo got to two title games, both with the playoff format, while Jimbo only got to one.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, looking at the complete list......

they really have no love for Kevin Sumlin and Kliff Kingsbury, LOL
They don't deserve any love. Maybe they can both re-unite at Houston when they are both run out of B-CS and Lubbock.