• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking Programs' Chances of Being the Next CFB Dynasty

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th
1uf27Y7.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Bama on the list is pure stupidity. Even if Saban only coaches another 5 years I'd still put the over/under at 2.5 Natty's. And if he hit the over that would probably be better than every other program the country over the next decade.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Bama on the list is pure stupidity. Even if Saban only coaches another 5 years I'd still put the over/under at 2.5 Natty's. And if he hit the over that would probably be better than every other program the country over the next decade.

th

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Whoever can stop the dynasty they have going

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm is the word “Next” confusing to you? They are obviously stating that Alabama is currently a dynasty, so they are asking about the NEXT dynasty.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm is the word “Next” confusing to you? They are obviously stating that Alabama is currently a dynasty, so they are asking about the NEXT dynasty.

I was under the assumption that they were talking about from this point forward. They can be the next great dynasty, even after having been one the last decade.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was under the assumption that they were talking about from this point forward. They can be the next great dynasty, even after having been one the last decade.
If they win two in the next five years, it would be considered part of the current dynasty.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win two in the next five years, it would be considered part of the current dynasty.

I would agree but didn't think that's what the OP was implying. I was assuming a blank slate type of deal.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how FSU is positioned but their main issue and that of all ACC schools is the income gap between them and other power conferences. Give FSU and Clemson SEC type money with playing in an overall weaker league and that is a good formula for success.

Let's see what Kirby does over the next couple of years as he isn't coaching his players and the East isn't at full strength yet like the SEC West is (or was Ole Miss, LSU and Miss St all could be heading down a notch).

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is the .5 for when UCF splits another title with them?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas A&M is spending like they are already one.:doh:
The local aggie vet said a good one the other day. He said, "Hell, if all it takes to get a national championship is spending more money, we should have spent more money a long time ago."

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think UGA could. Some of the best players in the country come from that state plus there's also the other surrounding southern states that produce studs.

Yes...

But all that talent has multiple schools it can choose, and choose
from good schools.

Clemson is only 70 miles away or something like that. Auburn
is right across the river from the state of Georgia. Bama is next
door. Florida and Florida State are directly south.

There is unlimited talent down here and unlimited good schools
to go to.

Hell, if Miami could dam off everything south of I-4, they would
have unreal talent every year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was no doubt aided by the up and down competition from the rest of their conference. Auburn has been kind of up a few times and mostly down, LSU has sputtered at best, Florida has been a shell of themselves, Vols might as well just quit even playing football... etc.

USC had one at a time when the Pac didn't put up a lot of fight, or at least not a consistent one.

Kind of requires help to win that much that often and be winning your conference enough to claim a dynasty doesn't it?
To be fair you would kill to have had the last 8 years that Auburn has had.

1 National Championship
2 National Title game appearances
2 SEC Titles
3 Western Division Titles
Plus a Sugar Bowl appearance

Also note we lost the second national championship by 1 point in the last 13 seconds (so we weren't blown out).

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair you would kill to have had the last 8 years that Auburn has had.

1 National Championship
2 National Title game appearances
2 SEC Titles
3 Western Division Titles
Plus a Sugar Bowl appearance

Also note we lost the second national championship by 1 point in the last 13 seconds (so we weren't blown out).
That would be the kind of up part of it. Over this 'dynasty' of Bama's though, they haven't put up a real fight against them for the conference more than 3 times in that 10 season span. Florida gave them a challenge like once or twice, and LSU like once?

SEC is a rough conference for sure, but a few powerhouse teams have been kind of down more than up over that span and bama for sure took full advantage of it.

Look at the B1G right now. There is one major power most think of in ohio state, but over that same span Wisky, MSU, and Penn State have given them a more consistent road block. I just wouldn't pick a team out of that conference to consider dominating enough to make a dynasty because of it. Most of the others have what looks like easier paths now for a team to become dominating in. Pac12 right now is begging for someone to stand up and play like they mean it.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local aggie vet said a good one the other day. He said, "Hell, if all it takes to get a national championship is spending more money, we should have spent more money a long time ago."

Just released footage of the A&M AD's office..............
200.gif

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Alabama's run is done - or maybe in the midst of that run - the next team up will probably be Georgia, followed by Clemson, Ohio St. and/or Oklahoma.

Others that could sneak in a title, but not likely to go on an extended run during that period, include Penn St., Washington, Wisconsin, Auburn, Michigan St. & USC. And maybe even a G-5 upstart like UCF.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Alabama's run is done - or maybe in the midst of that run - the next team up will probably be Georgia, followed by Clemson, Ohio St. and/or Oklahoma.

Others that could sneak in a title, but not likely to go on an extended run during that period, include Penn St., Washington, Wisconsin, Auburn, Michigan St. & USC. And maybe even a G-5 upstart like UCF.

I personally like UCF as a program, but I believe USF has more upside
to it, for a long term run. USF just recruits better than UCF.

Tampa Bay area has much better overall high school talent than
the Orlando Metro area. Orlando metro has excellent football
being played at Apopka, Dr Phillips, Winter Garden West Orange
and Kissimmee Osceola, but then it thins out. You've got some
real powerhouses in the Tampa metro area. Lakeland, Tampa Plant, all the Bradenton and Sarasota schools. Borderline players
that might struggle at a Power 5 school but are made for the other

FSU rules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team that sucks right now.

Think about it. Saban gonna be there 5 years minimum so it won't be a team everyone thinks of.

It will be a team which HC will get fired in a few years and then makes a grandslam hire.

It can be anyone but most likely not a team on the list. USC if they can Helton in a few years and hire some NFL coach would be my exception on the list