• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank The Cores of These Rebuilding Teams

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, you cling to the worst era of NBA basketball and continue to glamorize it. Aside from the Bulls, none of the 90s teams could compete with top teams today. 90s players who are being honest tell you that today's game is played at a higher level. Steve Kerr who was about league average back then said he couldn't have played in today's NBA.

The truth is that pace and space basketball is great to watch and the league is stronger than ever. Yes. Golden State dominates, but that is because they are ridiculously talented. Not because the rest of the league sucks as you want to believe.

In it's own way, the 90's was every bit as fun and exciting as any era of basketball.

However, from a pure skill perspective, it was also arguably the worst era of basketball ever.

From a pure skill perspective, the current era is the best I've seen.

But from a great mix of skill and physicality perspective...I'll take the 80's.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn and Denver should be playoff teams really soon. Phoenix and LA Lakers are not too far off.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Phoenix, NYK and Denver are on their own tier.

Those last 2 are the only ones who have superstars. If I’m Denver I’m cashing in anyone not named jokic in a deal for Kawhi.

Phoenix just has so many interesting talents that they have a choice of how to build.

There’s a clear drop after that for me.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Jackson isn't questionable imo, he needs to improve his jumper without a doubt to become a star, but his athleticism and defensive potential alone make him such an intriguing prospect. He really turned a corner those last few months of the season... playing out of position (under Watson) and for 2 coaches on a team that was tanking in his first year must've been a shock for him, but the progress he made leads me to believe he can be a very good #3 option, maybe even #2 option on a good team if he keeps showing progress with his 3 pointer. Bender and Chriss are both projects that are tbd, hope Igor can find a way to develop them, both just 20 years old still so I haven't given up yet.

I'm also quite thrilled with their cap space they have this and next summer along w/ the Bucks pick and unprotected Miami pick coming up and 4 picks in this year's draft. I'm usually pretty pessimistic about the Suns, but for the first time in a while I'm quite optimistic about our direction.
yah Chriss and Bender seem like they have been around but they are still so freaking young.....I dont think either has star potential--- but either one could become a solid starting stretch 4.

phoenix is loaded.

Booker and Ayton is going to be an amazing combo. Soon they can add a max K to it too.

Id take them EASILY EASILY EASILY over any other young core in the West--- unless you are counting like Towns, Butler and Wiggins---- or Anthony Davis and anyone 2 bums off the street.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Phoenix, NYK and Denver are on their own tier.

Those last 2 are the only ones who have superstars. If I’m Denver I’m cashing in anyone not named jokic in a deal for Kawhi.

Phoenix just has so many interesting talents that they have a choice of how to build.

There’s a clear drop after that for me.
Porzingis is amazing.

its why i cannot possibly see why people have the Lakers so high

if the Lakerso ffered Ball and Ingram for Porzingis they would get laughed at.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah Chriss and Bender seem like they have been around but they are still so freaking young.....I dont think either has star potential--- but either one could become a solid starting stretch 4.

phoenix is loaded.

Booker and Ayton is going to be an amazing combo. Soon they can add a max K to it too.

Id take them EASILY EASILY EASILY over any other young core in the West--- unless you are counting like Towns, Butler and Wiggins---- or Anthony Davis and anyone 2 bums off the street.

I still think mommy f’d up not trading Wiggins for Paul George.

That was a Title move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-Denver

2-Lakers

3-Phoenix

4-Sac

5-Chicago

6-Knicks

7-Mavs

8-Hawks

9-Magic

10-Nets
1-Denver

2-Lakers

3-Phoenix

4-Sac

5-Chicago

6-Knicks

7-Mavs

8-Hawks

9-Magic

10-Nets
dude-if the Lakers offered Ball and Ingram to PHoenix for the first picked they would be laughed at

If the Lakers offered Ball and Ingram for Porzingis they would get laughed at.

Anyone with a true star should be above the Lakers--- Jokic, Porzingis--- the combo of Ayton and Booker is miles ahead - and Josh Jackson, Bender, Chriss, Warren etc. are easily better than the rest that the Lakers have.

Say the Mavericks take Jackson Jr., or Bagley or Bamba--- id rather have that guy and DSJ over what the Lakers fan. Because of the Lakers depth- id put them right there with the Mavs- but the Mavs top 2 vs. the Lakers top 2 i think the vast majority of scouts, gms, coaches would rather have the Mavs- whoever they draft at 5.

I have no clue why 3 good but not great players have you so excited.

Even the KINGS-- the Kings are about to have Doncic--- who they would no WAY trade for Ball and ingram--- and that doesnt even take into account guys like Fox and Cauley Stein.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude-if the Lakers offered Ball and Ingram to PHoenix for the first picked they would be laughed at

If the Lakers offered Ball and Ingram for Porzingis they would get laughed at.

Anyone with a true star should be above the Lakers--- Jokic, Porzingis--- the combo of Ayton and Booker is miles ahead - and Josh Jackson, Bender, Chriss, Warren etc. are easily better than the rest that the Lakers have.

Say the Mavericks take Jackson Jr., or Bagley or Bamba--- id rather have that guy and DSJ over what the Lakers fan. Because of the Lakers depth- id put them right there with the Mavs- but the Mavs top 2 vs. the Lakers top 2 i think the vast majority of scouts, gms, coaches would rather have the Mavs- whoever they draft at 5.

I have no clue why 3 good but not great players have you so excited.

Even the KINGS-- the Kings are about to have Doncic--- who they would no WAY trade for Ball and ingram--- and that doesnt even take into account guys like Fox and Cauley Stein.
Eh.....

I like Booker.

But, I need to be sure Ayton is the real deal.

If he is, Booker, Jackson and Ayton are a hell of a young core.

Porzingis is a franchise player.

But, he's also injured and alone.

Sum of it's parts with the Lakers.

I know you don't trade a dollar for 4 quarters.

Denver is better.

Celtics, 76ers, Jazz are better.

Depending on who the Kings draft and if the front office doesn't pull any more dumbfuckery, they could be in the conversation.

Atlanta, Brooklyn are bringing up the rear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis is amazing.

its why i cannot possibly see why people have the Lakers so high

if the Lakerso ffered Ball and Ingram for Porzingis they would get laughed at.

Porzingis has been a star for the last couple of seasons. How has that worked out for the Knicks?

The rebuilding Lakers on the other hand have had their win total go up considerably for the last couple of seasons to the point where even if they didn't change their roster this summer they'd be damn close to .500 if not a bit higher; and even you couldn't deny that.

Yet you keep judging players that haven't even played a full season as if they're in their prime :crazy:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porzingis has been a star for the last couple of seasons. How has that worked out for the Knicks?

The rebuilding Lakers on the other hand have had their win total go up considerably for the last couple of seasons to the point where even if they didn't change their roster this summer they'd be damn close to .500 if not a bit higher; and even you couldn't deny that.

Yet you keep judging players that haven't even played a full season as if they're in their prime :crazy:

like i told DJ a couple of days ago. do you really think WiggityWack's going to give anyone a FAIR assessment of Lakers talent...?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i told DJ a couple of days ago. do you really think WiggityWack's going to give anyone a FAIR assessment of Lakers talent...?

IMO, I don't love the Lakers talent either. I think they're good young players, but lots of teams I would choose over them based SOLELY on the players they have. I don't think any of the guys they plan to build around are perennial all-star type players.

That being said, their Cap space is what makes them the most attractive in being able to change around their team immediately. They've planned it out well. That's why I have them as high as I do. Their ability to draw free agents and being a desirable place to play makes them a real player. If some things fall right their way this season, I could see them easily being a playoff team next year.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I don't love the Lakers talent either. I think they're good young players, but lots of teams I would choose over them based SOLELY on the players they have. I don't think any of the guys they plan to build around are perennial all-star type players.

That being said, their Cap space is what makes them the most attractive in being able to change around their team immediately. They've planned it out well. That's why I have them as high as I do. Their ability to draw free agents and being a desirable place to play makes them a real player. If some things fall right their way this season, I could see them easily being a playoff team next year.

oh i agree. certain changes i'd definitely make. i don't like our talent at center, and 2 guard is an upgradeable position imo...

one of the reasons i'm really looking forward to this offseason...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a few legitimate questions about the Lakers core, starting with their ceilings (only Ball is a max type player IMO), and the fact that the Lakers lack a premium pick this year like most of the other teams on this list.

Basically where you put the Lakers depends heavily on what you think of Ingram and KK.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i guess I buy that argument to a certain extent

but what we have seen in this NBA is that stars want to play with high end talent----- the draw that LA was a decade or two decades ago has been wiped away......we have seen over and over and over again the last few years that no one is interested in going to LA just to go to LA---- they will go there if they can win---- but other places- like Phoenix- seem much better positioned to win because their young talenti s so much better than LA's.

I mean- getting Russell, Ball and Ingram out of 3 #2 picks is just some sorry luck--- not totally their fault- just the wrong pick int he wrong draft

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Ayton # 1 about the only sure thing for the draft? I know Doncic is talented, but will teams shy away from using a high pick on a kid that might not play next year?

Isn't Doncic a sure thing to come over after his team won?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Doncic a sure thing to come over after his team won?

That's a really good question. I know very little about him & never heard of him until a couple of months ago. Some are saying he's the real deal. I think the only question mark will be does he wanna play in the NBA next year? If he doesn't would a team still be willing to use a very high draft pick on a kid that possibly stays overseas?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess I buy that argument to a certain extent

but what we have seen in this NBA is that stars want to play with high end talent----- the draw that LA was a decade or two decades ago has been wiped away......we have seen over and over and over again the last few years that no one is interested in going to LA just to go to LA---- they will go there if they can win---- but other places- like Phoenix- seem much better positioned to win because their young talenti s so much better than LA's.

I mean- getting Russell, Ball and Ingram out of 3 #2 picks is just some sorry luck--- not totally their fault- just the wrong pick int he wrong draft

If the money is equal and talent level are remotely equal, players will come to LA. Dealing Russell for Kuzma fixed that problem. Sure, he could've been Zinger, but also could've been Okafor, whom the Sixers had to pay to get rid of.

Everyone loves to focus on Ball's shooting and ignore everything else he does. He averaged 10.2/7.2/6.9. If he had played more games (Lakers were careful with his injuries), that's 8th in the league in assists. Only 5 other players (Rondo, Lebron, Westbrook, Simmons, Dray) averaged 7.2/6.9 or better last year. The shooting will come (and he did improve as the season went along. Better conditioning and strength will help as well.

Ingram made a good step forward in his second season, and I expect that to continue with his third (if he doesn't lose a lot of time to FA acquisitions).