• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the Best Coach in the NFL

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the current COY.

The people have spoken.

Belichick is in a different dimension he's not allowed to win it.

Belichick can keep the second spot even though Doug dismantled him bad enough to drop him further.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the current COY.

The people have spoken.

Belichick is in a different dimension he's not allowed to win it.
McVay lost to Pederson in his own house. Pederson didn't even use his starting QB for all 60 minutes.
Reconcile...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick can keep the second spot even though Doug dismantled him bad enough to drop him further.
Did we watch the same game? Oh that's right watching your team in the SB is still new for ya. You were probably pissing your pants and missed half of the game. That's too bad it was a really good game. Minus the outcome.

OBTW BB coached a 40 y/o QB who couldn't hold down a starter job at Michigan and was a back up in the NFL to another MVP.

Doug needs to take notes.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay lost to Pederson in his own house. Pederson didn't even use his starting QB for all 60 minutes.
Reconcile...
McVay COY nuff said

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, yet Doug Pederson made a complete mockery of Bill's defense using his backup quarterback on the biggest stage of the year.
Reconcile...

Pederson D gave up 500 yards and 5 TDs to a former back up and 6th round pick. At least Foles was a 3rd rounder.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did we watch the same game? Oh that's right watching your team in the SB is still new for ya. You were probably pissing your pants and missed half of the game. That's too bad it was a really good game. Minus the outcome.
No, I saw it. Took a piss at half time and missed that so good guess though, chump.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson D gave up 500 yards and 5 TDs to a former back up and 6th round pick. At least Foles was a 3rd rounder.
Pederson did win. You're right.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure we see a similar schtick to this whenever a coach not named Bill Belichick wins the SB on SportsHoopla. I remember when we lionized Gary Kubiak of all people. With that being said, Pederson is well on his way to being a top 5 coach. We will see what happens, but there's not much keeping him out of the top 5 but conservative prognosticating at this point.

Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure we see a similar schtick to this whenever a coach not named Bill Belichick on SportsHoopla. I remember when we lionized Gary Kubiak of all people. With that being said, Pederson is well on his way to being a top 5 coach. We will see what happens, but there's not much keeping him out of the top 5 but conservative prognosticating at this point.
I love how aggressive he is. But when/if those same calls start going the other way it quickly drops him down the list.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how aggressive he is. But when/if those same calls start going the other way it quickly drops him down the list.
It's pretty similar to the 2 point conversion debate. Yes it mathematically follows, but you should also heed the warning that you don't get 10,000 tries like in a controlled experiment, and it assumes a generic situation. Being wrong has real ramifications in the locker room. Most coaches would rather fail the generic way instead of the explosive and dramatic way a 4th down or 2 point conversion can bring. Philly had absolutely insane 3rd down and 4th down conversion rates in the postseason.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty similar to the 2 point conversion debate. Yes it mathematically follows, but you should also heed the warning that you don't get 10,000 tries like in a controlled experiment, and it assumes a generic situation. Being wrong has real ramifications in the locker room. Most coaches would rather fail the generic way instead of the explosive and dramatic way a 4th down or 2 point conversion can bring. Philly had absolutely insane 3rd down and 4th down conversion rates in the postseason.

All season long.

Pederson has great feel for the game. Earlier this season Eagles' fans laughed when I said those exact words. But I'm ahead of the curve and notice things quicker. Hence, this thread that seems premature to many of you, but soon will be common knowledge.

You are right, these games aren't statistical simulations. The intelligent get a sense for which outcome is going to happen next. That's Pederson. He sees it, then it happens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, its like most people's opinion of Josh McDaniels or Bevell from Seattle. When it works out, everyone thinks he is a genius and when it doesn't he looks really bad.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Eagles' fans trying to become the next Seahawk's fans or Patriots' fans? Inquiring minds and such....

It's Belechick my miles....just in case you're delusional or stupid...
I still think the Seattle obnoxiousness was worse in their heyday.

Anytime a franchise wins their first SB the fans immediately think they’re part of NFL royalty.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the way pederson coaches. Just wish it wasnt for the eagles.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This SB win now buys him a couple years even if those decisions go against conventional wisdom in the near future.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Seattle obnoxiousness was worse in their heyday.

Anytime a franchise wins their first SB the fans immediately think they’re part of NFL royalty.
No, we're just the best team in the only year that matters.:nod: