• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rank the 32 GM's

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Elway threads coming up (Where does John Elway rank among GMs?) this has become a more interesting topic and quite frankly I am curious to see if some have changed their opinions on certain GM's.

Just a list of GM's I got from sporting news just to start the discussion. This is not my ranking.

John Schneider (SEA)
Ozzie Newsome (BAL)
Ted Thompson (GB)
Steve Keim (AZ)
John Elway (DEN)
Hoody (NE)
Colbert (PITT)
Loomis (NO)
Jones (DAL)
Grigson (IND)
John Dorsey (KC)
Rick Smith (HOU)
Howie Roseman (PHI)
Bob Quinn (DET)
Mike Brown (CIN)
Jerry Reese (NYG)
Les Snead (STL)
Trent Baalke (SF)
Rick Spielman (MINN)
Dave Gettleman (CAR)
Tom Telesco (SD)
Doug Whaley (BUFF)
Mike Tannenbaum (MIA)
Dimitroff (ATL)
Scot McCloughan (WSH)
Ryan Pace (CHI)
Dave Caldwell (JAX)
Maccagnan (NYJ)
Browns GM
Ruston Webster (TENN)
Jason Licht (TB)
Reggie McKenzie (OAK)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing darts out there but..

1. Schneider
2. Bellichick
3. Keim
4. Elway
5. Colbert
6. Dorsey
7. Spielman
8. Brown
9. McKenzie
10. The guy who ignores Jerry Jones
11. Newsome
12. Thompson
13. Maccagnan
14. Snead
15. Mayhew

The old Carolina GM that built the team would probably be top 5 if he was still in the league

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it really matters but Jon Robinson is the Titans GM

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Scoreboard, bitches!".

~ John Elway

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here would be my top-10

1) Bill Belichick--the guy has helped build a very good roster beyond just having a HOF QB.
2) John Schneider--Everybody kept saying the Seahawks couldn't sign all of these star players and still compete yet here they are still competing looking like one of the top teams heading into next season again
3) John Elway--He has been one of the most aggressive in both the draft and FA in helping build up this roster. In a very short time took over a team that was one of the worst in the NFL and has helped take them to 2 Super Bowls with winning 1
4) Steve Keim--This guy to me is very underrated. Done a great job in FA and the draft. One of the best and deepest rosters in the NFL.
5) Dave Gettleman--Again great roster. All-Pro talent all over the field on both the offense and defense.
6) Ozzie Newsome--Very good eye for talent in the draft.
7) Ted Thompson--Deserves to be in the top-10 for some of his draft decisions throughout the years
8) John Dorsey--Very impressed with the defensive roster he has put together for the Chiefs. They are close just not quite there
9) Spielman--Another good roster that is maybe a player or two away from really competing for the Super Bowl
10) Kevin Colbert--Decent drafter that has helped get the defense into a young but good unit plus an explosive offense.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5) Dave Gettleman--Again great roster. All-Pro talent all over the field on both the offense and defense.
He didn't draft Cam Newton, Josh Norman, Thomas Davis or Luke Kuechly, though. I'm not sure who you give credit for what Carolina has done but they've been drafting better than anyone.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't draft Cam Newton, Josh Norman, Thomas Davis or Luke Kuechly, though. I'm not sure who you give credit for what Carolina has done but they've been drafting better than anyone.

Ahh forgot that he wasn't there. He was the guy though that helped clean up the cap mess the guy before him left the team with to be even able to sign the guys like Newton, Kuechly and others to long-term deals. I will give him plenty of credit for that as the guy before him left him in cap hell.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunno who is best, but Schneider doesn't even get enough pub with Hawks fans. The guy has been great. Best part? His ability to stay in the background and not need any recognition.

Of anyone in the organization, the guy I'd least like to lose. Especially when he's young enough to be in the job for another 25 years or so.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh forgot that he wasn't there. He was the guy though that helped clean up the cap mess the guy before him left the team with to be even able to sign the guys like Newton, Kuechly and others to long-term deals. I will give him plenty of credit for that as the guy before him left him in cap hell.
He does deserve some credit. They were able to absorb Greg Hardy leaving and he was on pace to be one of the leagues best players. Got rid of DeAngelo Williams which was essential. Drafted Lotuleilei, Short and Ealy who could all be quality guys for the next 5+ years. 5 is probably a good spot for him.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea
1.Bill Belichik
2.Kevin Colbert
3.Ozzy Newsome
4.Ted Thompson
5.Jim Irsay
6.Ryan Grigson
7.John Schneider
8.Howie Roseman
9.Jerry Reese
10.John Dorsey
11.Rick Spielman
12.Rick Smith
13.Steve Keim
14.David Gettleman
15.Mickey Loomis
16.Trent Baalk
17.Doug Whaley
18.Mike Maccagnan
19.Thomas Dimitrioff
20.Mike Brown
21.David Caldwell
22.Ryan Pace
23.Bob Quinn
24.Chris Grier(the only unproven, the rest have track records remaining)
25.Jerry Jones
26.Scot McCloughan
27.Reggie McKenzie
28.Tom Telesco
29.Jason Licht
30.Jon Robinson
31.Les Snead
32.Whoever is Cleveland's GM

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of interesting to see how well the Packer tree has done as of late. Just about all of the recent branches outside of Oakland has made the playoffs in the last 3 years now.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea
1.Bill Belichik
2.Kevin Colbert
3.Ozzy Newsome
4.Ted Thompson
5.Jim Irsay
6.Ryan Grigson
7.John Schneider
8.Howie Roseman
9.Jerry Reese
10.John Dorsey
11.Rick Spielman
12.Rick Smith
13.Steve Keim
14.David Gettleman
15.Mickey Loomis
16.Trent Baalk
17.Doug Whaley
18.Mike Maccagnan
19.Thomas Dimitrioff
20.Mike Brown
21.David Caldwell
22.Ryan Pace
23.Bob Quinn
24.Chris Grier(the only unproven, the rest have track records remaining)
25.Jerry Jones
26.Scot McCloughan
27.Reggie McKenzie
28.Tom Telesco
29.Jason Licht
30.Jon Robinson
31.Les Snead
32.Whoever is Cleveland's GM

Les Snead at 31 is just garbage, he drafted back to back franchise players, one is arguably the best defensive lineman in the game and the other is the second best back in football.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Elway threads coming up (Where does John Elway rank among GMs?) this has become a more interesting topic and quite frankly I am curious to see if some have changed their opinions on certain GM's.

Just a list of GM's I got from sporting news just to start the discussion. This is not my ranking.

John Schneider (SEA)
Ozzie Newsome (BAL)
Ted Thompson (GB)
Steve Keim (AZ)
John Elway (DEN)
Hoody (NE)
Colbert (PITT)
Loomis (NO)
Jones (DAL)
Grigson (IND)
John Dorsey (KC)
Rick Smith (HOU)
Howie Roseman (PHI)
Bob Quinn (DET)
Mike Brown (CIN)
Jerry Reese (NYG)
Les Snead (STL)
Trent Baalke (SF)
Rick Spielman (MINN)
Dave Gettleman (CAR)
Tom Telesco (SD)
Doug Whaley (BUFF)
Mike Tannenbaum (MIA)
Dimitroff (ATL)
Scot McCloughan (WSH)
Ryan Pace (CHI)
Dave Caldwell (JAX)
Maccagnan (NYJ)
Browns GM
Ruston Webster (TENN)
Jason Licht (TB)
Reggie McKenzie (OAK)

I just know Doug Whaley can't be in the top half. He kicked off his first year as GM trading up and blowing two first round draft picks on Sammy Watkins (when OBJ would have been available for half the "price") when he had no QB to throw him the ball anyways. Just an epic fail.

Signing Rex Ryan and then allowing Rob Ryan to even sniff the wintry air in Orchard Park is looking to be not exactly brilliant so far.

I mean, he should be ahead of the Browns GM...but not by a whole lot.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Snead at 31 is just garbage, he drafted back to back franchise players, one is arguably the best defensive lineman in the game and the other is the second best back in football.
For me it's tough to put guys who survive their first 3-5 years as a GM in the bottom half unless there's overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise like with Tom Telesco for instance. I have to say I disagree with Snead being 31st myself- there are some truly awful GM's out there.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's see him address the crappy offense he's put on the field. The rams only offense is the RB they just drafted. They have had the worst offense in the league for a few years now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see him address the crappy offense he's put on the field. The rams only offense is the RB they just drafted. They have had the worst offense in the league for a few years now.
I'll be shocked if he survives another year of it. I give him a pass for trying to address the issue while adding studs like Donald and Gurley, but the elephant in the room does need to get addressed at some point or else. There's no reason at all that team can't contend (besides Fisher but that's another thread) with a semi-competent QB.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snead has the most recent peaks and valleys of any GM. He has the RG3 trade which was brilliant, Aaron Donald who is already a top 6 defensive player, Tru Johnson and Janoris Jenkins who both are above average starting CBs, flipped away Bradford for a 2nd round pick, positioned himself to get a QB in this draft, drafted Havenstein last year who is so far projecting to be the top oline player picked and Gurley who was OROY. Nick Foles and Shaun Hill as back to back QBs is brutal, though. Really brutal. Greg Robinson has also been a bust so far and that looks bad.