• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Will Try To Leapfrog Angels At Home This Weekend - April 28-30

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck on that one.

Seriously, every time we lose it's not like we did anything wrong. It's always "we ran into a hot team or a hot pitcher today".

It's shocking to me how no one in this town asked a tough question or makes a concerning observation when it comes to this baseball team. Remember the Kela episode? No one locally had the balls to find out squat. Our info came from the national level. Absurd and shamefully unprofessionally.
Can't agree more.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call back to the words of Romeo during the first week...

This team won't be going to the postseason this year, best to just find some things to enjoy and not get too worked up.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team won't be going to the postseason this year, best to just find some things to enjoy and not get too worked up.
Ya know, I think you're both right.:thumb:

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However true that is, it is just simply not good enough. Rangers fans have been waiting too long and to get the taste of success theyve had recently and now field a pretty poor team, it sucks. It just looks like we are due for some bad baseball again for awhile before this team gets better. Don't necessarily place blame anywhere, things and guys just havent panned out

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However true that is, it is just simply not good enough. Rangers fans have been waiting too long and to get the taste of success theyve had recently and now field a pretty poor team, it sucks. It just looks like we are due for some bad baseball again for awhile before this team gets better. Don't necessarily place blame anywhere, things and guys just havent panned out
Hard being a good loser. I know it's hard to accept what we're seeing but it is a fact. Poor play! Be awhile to fix all the problems.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, part of me keeps thinking it's still relatively early, and there is a lot of baseball yet to be played. Not that I think this is an October team, but I haven't completely written 2017 off.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, part of me keeps thinking it's still relatively early, and there is a lot of baseball yet to be played. Not that I think this is an October team, but I haven't completely written 2017 off.

I keep trying to think that way, but when I watch it in front of me, it just appears reality that this team has regressed quite a bit and its due for somewhat of a rebuild. However not a total rebuild. Hard to understand how the whole lineup goes into the prolonged slumps that it does and guys approach don't seem to change.

The pitchers that the Angels threw today, don't have 15 strikeout stuff. The hitters got themselves out quite often today.

Frustrated and just venting. I should take some time off

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep trying to think that way, but when I watch it in front of me, it just appears reality that this team has regressed quite a bit and its due for somewhat of a rebuild. However not a total rebuild. Hard to understand how the whole lineup goes into the prolonged slumps that it does and guys approach don't seem to change.

The pitchers that the Angels threw today, don't have 15 strikeout stuff. The hitters got themselves out quite often today.

I don't think Iapoce survives the season.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Banister manages lots of games puts them in a hole too

Watch out there. People were ripping my head off for saying bannister sucks at managing games earlier in the season. I totally agree with you tho. The way he's managed Dyson has been inexcusable and his blind faith in Napoli is downright pathetic

They should probably let Napoli rot on the bench all year if this crap continues much longer he hasn't done anything really

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JD needs to look at what the Yankees did last trade deadline and try to emulate their success. We have the pieces that contenders want. I think trading Lucroy for prospects, trying to retain Darvish and if he won't re-up or indicate he will then they might need to trade him too. Several other guys should be available as well. We just can't afford to stand pat, not make the playoffs, and be stuck holding the bag if Darvish / Lucroy both leave. If it were me, I'd already make the decision to trade Lucroy at the deadline. We have Cheerios and a guy in the pipeline.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we know about this team?
They commit plenty of outs on the basepath. Walk way too many batters. Barely got the their first Sac fly. Have a guy like Martin P dish up fat pitches on 0-2. Hit plenty of HRs but chase balls in the dirt before taking a walk. Tons of strike outs. Sounds to me you have undisciplined batters, reckless or unintelligent baserunners and pitchers who don't trust their stuff. Leadership not getting it done.

Heard Banny interview. He tried to sell this as a good home stand but I could sense him seething over the pitching. I don't think it is time to write off season especially with the unknown pitching re Ross when he makes it back.

But I do think we need a shorter leash and a bit of calling some guys in the carpet and challenge for the mental errors and lack of mental strength on the mound.
thing ........Just an opinion

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD needs to look at what the Yankees did last trade deadline and try to emulate their success. We have the pieces that contenders want. I think trading Lucroy for prospects, trying to retain Darvish and if he won't re-up or indicate he will then they might need to trade him too. Several other guys should be available as well. We just can't afford to stand pat, not make the playoffs, and be stuck holding the bag if Darvish / Lucroy both leave. If it were me, I'd already make the decision to trade Lucroy at the deadline. We have Cheerios and a guy in the pipeline.

Yes Darvish value is high. Lucroy needs to turn it around. Confidence is a big issue as well and bad judgment and poor discipline.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we know about this team?
They commit plenty of outs on the basepath. Walk way too many batters. Barely got the their first Sac fly. Have a guy like Martin P dish up fat pitches on 0-2. Hit plenty of HRs but chase balls in the dirt before taking a walk. Tons of strike outs. Sounds to me you have undisciplined batters, reckless or unintelligent baserunners and pitchers who don't trust their stuff. Leadership not getting it done.

Heard Banny interview. He tried to sell this as a good home stand but I could sense him seething over the pitching. I don't think it is time to write off season especially with the unknown pitching re Ross when he makes it back.

But I do think we need a shorter leash and a bit of calling some guys in the carpet and challenge for the mental errors and lack of mental strength on the mound.
thing ........Just an opinion
I heard him and I disagree with him. Your team went 2 and 4 after the Royals series. He's just lucky the Royals are worst than the Rangers.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can handle not making the playoffs. But this is going to be a last team and it shouldn't be. It's time to give some of our young talent like Guzman and Preston Beck a chance and see what we got.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad to see that Profar will get to play everyday at Round Rock. The three-headed monster idea to open the season was simply a terrible idea and our front office as well as Banny should have to wear that big mistake.

On that subject, seeing DeShields in person last night cements the idea that he just isn't a very good defensive player.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck on that one.

Seriously, every time we lose it's not like we did anything wrong. It's always "we ran into a hot team or a hot pitcher today".

It's shocking to me how no one in this town asked a tough question or makes a concerning observation when it comes to this baseball team. Remember the Kela episode? No one locally had the balls to find out squat. Our info came from the national level. Absurd and shamefully unprofessionally.
It was the same way in the press conference last night after the game. Banny was asked about what he was saying to the umpire and he never would say what he was discussing with the ump and they never pressured him one bit to do so.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the same way in the press conference last night after the game. Banny was asked about what he was saying to the umpire and he never would say what he was discussing with the ump and they never pressured him one bit to do so.

Banny just isn't that good. We hired 2 " players guy" managers in a row. I was fine with Wash, he was what we needed given where the team had been at the time ( perennial last place team since 1998). Now that this team has had success and we still have some of the guys who were there for it, I think we needed more of a tactician manager. Banny can only win by out talenting the opposition and we don't have the World Series kind of talent anymore. We need a guy who is also capable of out thinking the other team.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banny just isn't that good. We hired 2 " players guy" managers in a row. I was fine with Wash, he was what we needed given where the team had been at the time ( perennial last place team since 1998). Now that this team has had success and we still have some of the guys who were there for it, I think we needed more of a tactician manager. Banny can only win by out talenting the opposition and we don't have the World Series kind of talent anymore. We need a guy who is also capable of out thinking the other team.
Ha! You were the one who wanted to get rid of Moreland and have a change at 1st base. We did and guess what? It got worse. Things are not always as they seem.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha! You were the one who wanted to get rid of Moreland and have a change at 1st base. We did and guess what? It got worse. Things are not always as they seem.

We've only played 25 games so far. I think it's possible that with morelands injury history that Napoli could still have a better season than him. I'm holding out hope that when Beltre eventually comes back Napoli will do better when he's moved out of cleanup.