• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers last go around with the Angels, at Globe Life 9/19-9/21

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just happy these aren't the A's. Think we'll do better against them. And we damn well better. Don't care who's pitching for us we just better out hit 'em. Don't think we clinch this series.

Am grateful what the Angels did to the Blue Jays btw.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to see the pitchers and hitters execute, if they do and get beat so be it, but there has been so much poor execution lately its hard to watch. Too many walks, too many strikeouts by our hitters and too many GIDP's

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just want to see the pitchers and hitters execute, if they do and get beat so be it, but there has been so much poor execution lately its hard to watch. Too many walks, too many strikeouts by our hitters and too many GIDP's
Not to mention we are not getting ground balls from our pitchers to execute a DP.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything said above but I would like to add that I see every other team trying to put their best foot forward and I don't think we are. Banister has made some very questionable moves. Let's put our best out there and quit making idiotic pitching and pinch hitting decisions during the game. If the guys still fail to execute then that is on them.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with everything said above but I would like to add that I see every other team trying to put their best foot forward and I don't think we are. Banister has made some very questionable moves. Let's put our best out there and quit making idiotic pitching and pinch hitting decisions during the game. If the guys still fail to execute then that is on them.

I remember some moves of similar nature last year around this time as well, when we were chasing a pennant

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wasting. It appears we have not been playing and managing well and no reason for it, Put the best players on the field and lock this thing up. Rua, DeShields , Profar, Hoying Gallo etc won't get the job done. This is all on Banister. What is he trying to do?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some moves of similar nature last year around this time as well, when we were chasing a pennant
You have a much better memory than I do. But then who doesn't. :)

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is he trying to do?

I'm not sure, but like you guys I sure do think this is odd.

I'm all for giving guys rest, but not in such wholesale bunches like we're doing.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cubbies struggled against the Brew Crew this weekend.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubbies struggled against the Brew Crew this weekend.
They have a 6 game lead for the overall record and I also understand teams struggling including ours. But I will just give a couple of examples. Taking Claudio out of a game in which no one can get the ball out of the infield against him in a 1 run game and they do it with 2 outs in the inning. There was no reason whatsover for that move. It just came out of the blue. Then with us down a run late in the game against the Astros and a guy on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs he pinch hits Chirinos with Gallo. I do not mind PHing but use a guy who does not swing for the fences a player. Now is not the time to audition for next year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a 6 game lead for the overall record and I also understand teams struggling including ours. But I will just give a couple of examples. Taking Claudio out of a game in which no one can get the ball out of the infield against him in a 1 run game and they do it with 2 outs in the inning. There was no reason whatsover for that move. It just came out of the blue. Then with us down a run late in the game against the Astros and a guy on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs he pinch hits Chirinos with Gallo. I do not mind PHing but use a guy who does not swing for the fences a player. Now is not the time to audition for next year.

Can't argue with what you laid out above.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn Wastin.....You nailed this one. :clap:

One small point. Gallo is auditioning for AAA, because in all seriousness and my opinion, he's a lot closer to being a AA player than he is a major league one at this point in time.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One small point. Gallo is auditioning for AAA, because in all seriousness and my opinion, he's a lot closer to being a AA player than he is a major league one at this point in time.
I found that funny and sad because you may be right. I thought he was making strides there for a little while. It would be great if he could just find it. But as of right now I am not sure he is an upgrade to replace Moreland's .250 average and 20-25 HRs. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are putting our best foot forward tonight. I know most of us will not like Desmond hitting 2nd but that is not going to change. But I am tired of being right to my son when I say he is going to hit a grounder and he does. So here is hoping he gets that swagger back.

LINEUP: RANGERS (88-62) VS. ANGELS (65-84)
i

• 1. Carlos Gomez, LF (R)
  • 2. Ian Desmond, CF (R)
  • 3. Carlos Beltran, DH (S)
  • 4. Adrian Beltre, 3B (R)
  • 5. Rougned Odor, 2B (L)
  • 6. Jonathan Lucroy, C (R)
  • 7. Mitch Moreland, 1B (L)
  • 8. Nomar Mazara, RF (L)
  • 9. Elvis Andrus, SS (R)
  • SP: Martin Perez, LHP

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found that funny and sad because you may be right. I thought he was making strides there for a little while. It would be great if he could just find it. But as of right now I am not sure he is an upgrade to replace Moreland's .250 average and 20-25 HRs. I could be wrong and I hope I am.
I doubt he will hit above .250 in his first full season in the majors, whenever that is and whoever it is with, even if he hits .300 in AAA the year before. I do think he will hit that many HR in his first full season though. I would expect that number to increase to 35 or so in his second season. He may never consistently hit above .250 in the big leagues. I do think his OPS will be close to league leading by his third year in the big leagues.

Last edited:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think he is auditioning for anything. You don't audition players with an at bat every 3 to 5 games or so. I highly doubt they will consider him for AA after one very poor month in AAA.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we are putting our best foot forward tonight. I know most of us will not like Desmond hitting 2nd but that is not going to change. But I am tired of being right to my son when I say he is going to hit a grounder and he does. So here is hoping he gets that swagger back.

LINEUP: RANGERS (88-62) VS. ANGELS (65-84)
i

• 1. Carlos Gomez, LF (R)
  • 2. Ian Desmond, CF (R)
  • 3. Carlos Beltran, DH (S)
  • 4. Adrian Beltre, 3B (R)
  • 5. Rougned Odor, 2B (L)
  • 6. Jonathan Lucroy, C (R)
  • 7. Mitch Moreland, 1B (L)
  • 8. Nomar Mazara, RF (L)
  • 9. Elvis Andrus, SS (R)
  • SP: Martin Perez, LHP
I like this lineup a lot. It really is our A team. There is a point to be made for moving Desmond down in the lineup, as Rev suggested. But I'm not so sure anyone else down lower in the order would be a lot better, so I can live with it. Desmond has been brutal, but he is better than what he has shown recently. Hopefully he figures things out by October so that we don't have to bring out the pitchforks if he's still in the 2-hole in the playoffs.

If we can avoid the Perez meltdown inning tonight, I think we win this one.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get 2 out of 3. I'm sure weaver will shut us down again with his slow crap.