• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers kick off the second half against CLE - July 20-22

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've often said, 'anyone is trade-able', it all depends on the return. But I sure would hate to see Maz go and b/c a Ranger killer for the next decade plus. That would hurt.

Mazara has definite upside. More of a point re untouchable aspect. Don't try to trade him but be willing to entertain offers

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that drubbing yesterday. A new day is refreshing. They should have won that one in extras. Big pitching letdowns.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After that drubbing yesterday. A new day is refreshing. They should have won that one in extras. Big pitching letdowns.

Glad I missed yesterday.....Maybe we'll bounce back some today.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a suggested trade between the Phillies and Rangers where we sent them Hamels, Diekman and Profar and we get Franklyn Kilome RHP, Roman Quinn OF, Francisco Morales RHP, Jhordany Mezquita LHP and Luis Garcia SS. don't really see the Phillies doing it but what do you think?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a suggested trade between the Phillies and Rangers where we sent them Hamels, Diekman and Profar and we get Franklyn Kilome RHP, Roman Quinn OF, Francisco Morales RHP, Jhordany Mezquita LHP and Luis Garcia SS. don't really see the Phillies doing it but what do you think?

Make this trade all day long....twice on Sunday.....Low and behold, it's SUNDAY.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't have anything like Teixeria to bargain with either.
The concept is the same. Mazara gets you less of a return and his bat would be easier to replace so that much is a wash.

It might not be Mazara, but at some point we are going to have to trade young estsblished talent in order to complete a rebuilding project.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A virus? Please....... No tale talent below High A. Think he meant above high A which is not near as good. Think this is more about when a window opens up and do you move some of our young talent. You make good trades in good times and bad IMO and no one is untouchable. I do think you try to keep leadership and those who seem to do well on the big stage if possible.

This is a very harsh assessment of our system though likely from Fraley point of view. Almost like Voo Doo
I think we have been going in the wrong direction for the past 5 years or so as an organization. The rebuilding should have began when we lost a big chunk of that WS talent. Instead we have been chasing after the wrong goals in my opinion. In that sense I agree with Fraley. I just don't remember Fraley being on that train a few years ago. It was a very lonely train ride at the time. lol

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice throw by Gallo.

Absolutely! The guy knows how to play the game.....Think that's, at least part of, my frustration with him and not going with the ball where pitched when hitting.....To me, that's baseball '101' and it easy, if you'll just let it come to ya instead of the 'I'm paid to hit HR' type attitude.....Pretty put-out with Joey at this junction in life.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely! The guy knows how to play the game.....Think that's, at least part of, my frustration with him and not going with the ball where pitched when hitting.....To me, that's baseball '101' and it easy, if you'll just let it come to ya instead of the 'I'm paid to hit HR' type attitude.....Pretty put-out with Joey at this junction in life.
I wonder if the Rangers will do anything with him next year, if he doesn't hit over 200 next year. I'm tired of our announcers using the shift as a excuse for his low batting average.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar has become a 'below avg' player, defensively, no matter where he plays. Seems to me anyway......And he's hitting less than .250......Hard to imagine where he'd bring much back in a trade, or why we'd want to hang onto him honestly.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tired of our announcers using the shift as a excuse for his low batting average.

I'm fatigued with our announcers PERIOD......Dave is the absolute worst I've heard all summer, and it's my first when having the MLB pkg.

But to your point. Gallo is using it....why not them?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I've said litterally 'hundreds' of negatives in the general direction of one 'Senor Odor'......But really, there's no reason at all for this youngster to not succeed at this level.

On the D, he's got quick feet and a strong arm....At the plate, he's got power, and seems to be 'in-the-process-of' developing a hit-it-where pitched attitude.

Is it just Sunday and I'm coming around or what?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor had himself a game. Saw his interview and he said besides the extra work, he factor of keeping focus on defense helps him batting as well. Makes sense.

Glad Diekman did not mess it up in the eighth. Hate to see the walks and 3rd out was close

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a virus in the Texas Rangers organization, and it's been there since the 2011 World Series

On the trade prospects for the organization...

Grant: "I think they'd like to trade as many guys as possible among the veterans. I think what they're finding out is there's not a great market for their guys. Cole Hamels has really hurt his value this year, looks like a guy in decline, and there's a long list of pitchers ahead of him. There's not really been a market for Adrian Beltre ... and I think he's happy to stay here.

"Jake Diekman has pitched well for most of the season, but his splits against left-handers aren't real good, which is what you would want from a left-handed reliever. The guys that they signed/traded for this winter - [Matt] Moore and [Doug] Fister - you know, they're hurt and ineffective. So, the guys that they'd like to be able to deal - there's not a whole lot there.

"The one exception on this I think is Keone Kela. There's a guy that's controllable for multiple years, who's established himself as a big-league closer, and I think there's going to be a legitimate market for him. I think he pitches well against Cleveland this weekend, he might leave town with Cleveland."

Fraley: "Yeah, Cleveland is about to waste a really good starting rotation and lineup with a brutal bullpen. So, Cleveland is in the market for bullpen help. But having said that, [the Rangers] have to be creative. Nobody wants their veterans. They're kidding themselves if they think there's any market. They got to look to trade guys like [Nomar] Mazara. That might be the only guy that gets you a package right now."

Grant: "But I think Mazara is an offseason trade. With a guy like Mazara that you've got that much control left on, that's the kind of guy who is an offseason trade. Because the American League playoffs are basically set, and the only teams you might be able to trade a Mazara to right now in the AL are in your division. Do you want that guy to come back and bite you for the next four years?"

Holy shit. Thanks for the kick in the nuts!

I knew Beltre had no market and wasn’t going anywhere. I was hoping someone would take Choo if we chipped in s lot of money, but I guess not.

I still think diekman will get traded for something...... anything we can get. Kela will be dealt if the price is right. Hamels being traded looks like a 50-50 coin flip.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They had pulled Scott H from RR but likely just precautionary. Rua hit another HR so I bet he gets the next start before all the RHSPs come into play. Glad for Rua

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the throw by Gallo but for the most part his throws have been horrible. They would go straight into the ground. Every time I would see one of those throws I would think to myself this guy was a 3B. He has to have a better arm than that.