• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host The Royals May24-27

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donaldson - you need to go to more dinner parties.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
donaldson - you need to go to more dinner parties.

Way to come through fellas.

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers are getting better defense at third base from rookie Isiah Kiner-Falefa than decorated veteran Adrian Beltre, according to analytical sources.

The Total Zone Total Fielding Runs Above Average, from baseball-reference.com, on Saturday listed Kiner-Falefa as tied for eighth at plus-3. Beltre, a five-time Gold Glove winner, was next to last at minus-7.

The Fielding Bible, from Baseball Info Solutions, had Kiner-Falefa tied for seventh in runs saved at plus-3. Beltre was at plus-1.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to come through fellas.

ARLINGTON -- The Rangers are getting better defense at third base from rookie Isiah Kiner-Falefa than decorated veteran Adrian Beltre, according to analytical sources.

The Total Zone Total Fielding Runs Above Average, from baseball-reference.com, on Saturday listed Kiner-Falefa as tied for eighth at plus-3. Beltre, a five-time Gold Glove winner, was next to last at minus-7.

The Fielding Bible, from Baseball Info Solutions, had Kiner-Falefa tied for seventh in runs saved at plus-3. Beltre was at plus-1.

I can’t wait to see what happens when Beltre and Elvis comes back.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor is starting over Profar there is a serious problem in that front office and with the manager on the field
unless they grow balls and send Odor down to AA or AAA to get his head straight, Profar will sit on the bench. you know that

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Odor is starting over Profar there is a serious problem in that front office and with the manager on the field
It is hard to imagine Odor continuing on after the return of Elvis.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately that scenario means that IKF gets sent down to AAA and Profar to the bench when both come back

To me, it won't be an all bad thing if IKF gets sent down. I'm not saying he hasn't played well enough to stay up. What I am saying is I want to see him get regular time, regular at bats, and maybe work on his catching, if this is something he may actually benefit from.

But he sure has done a maverous job on infield play to date, so I don't know if this catching thing is in his future or not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, it won't be an all bad thing if IKF gets sent down. I'm not saying he hasn't played well enough to stay up. What I am saying is I want to see him get regular time, regular at bats, and maybe work on his catching, if this is something he may actually benefit from.

But he sure has done a maverous job on infield play to date, so I don't know if this catching thing is in his future or not.
I think people are more concerned with what happens with Odor and Profar. IKF will certainly benefit at AAA but Profar will not benefit on the bench thus who will be on 2b when Elvis returns?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people are more concerned with what happens with Odor and Profar.

Agreed. We've got approximately 2 more weeks to find out. But a lot of playing time is going to happen to both over that period of time, and the team may come to the same conclusion some of us have.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he makes an ideal utility guy being the emergency catcher and also allows you to play your catcher and DH the other (a la Houston with McCann/Gattis/Stassi) with blowing a roster spot on someone that is purely a catcher and a DH (maybe 1B)

With that skill set he'll get a start a week at all the non-1B IF positions I would think to rest other guys and if Choo's contract was dealt it would open DH to being a rotating spot to half rest players and not be strong armed into a semi full time DH

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he makes an ideal utility guy being the emergency catcher and also allows you to play your catcher and DH the other (a la Houston with McCann/Gattis/Stassi) with blowing a roster spot on someone that is purely a catcher and a DH (maybe 1B)

With that skill set he'll get a start a week at all the non-1B IF positions I would think to rest other guys and if Choo's contract was dealt it would open DH to being a rotating spot to half rest players and not be strong armed into a semi full time DH

Very good points and I agree. But if I understand this correctly he has very few games catching. If the team really wants him to fill the role you've described, he needs more time behind the plate.

But honestly, I could see him being a regualr at a position, aka 3rd, on a consisent bases.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney's take on what relievers he sees moving at the deadline.....His number one is Kelvin Herrera of KC.

Blake Treinen, Oakland Athletics: The 29-year-old right-hander has nasty stuff and is having the best season of his career, and Oakland has a long history of selling pitchers at the height of their value.

Zach Britton, Baltimore Orioles: He’s making progress in his rehabilitation from Achilles surgery in the winter, and if all goes well, he’ll be back to audition for interested teams well before the trade deadline.

Richard Bleier, Orioles: The 31-year-old lefty has performed well, limiting the damage of both lefties and righties.

Brad Hand, San Diego Padres: San Diego never really relented in its asking price for the lefty last year, and while Hand is not throwing quite as well in 2018 as he did in 2017, he could interest suitors. Hand has allowed 13 walks in 26 innings, but with 39 strikeouts. And remember how much he has dominated lefties this year: Left-handed hitters are 1-for-30 against Hand, with 16 strikeouts.

Raisel Iglesias, Cincinnati Reds: He’s got a 2.08 ERA and eight saves this year, with 42 saves in his career.

Seung Hwan Oh, Toronto Blue Jays: The right-hander has bounced back from some problems of last year, allowing only s

Last edited:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to trade Cole and he looks like crap today.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tuning in and I see we're up to our old trick with RISP, 0-5.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole that HR just got you a weekend with the Crawler.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lordy.....we're making this guy look like Kershaw.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar is an adventure in waiting at short these days. He may be more suited for 2nd or 3rd now.