• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Hope Home Cookin' Helps Them Make Royals Look Like Peasants - April 20-23

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any update on Ross? I think it's too early in the season to be talking trade chips. We will be getting Beltre back soon and we typically dominate the Astros. I haven't given up on this season yet, even tho the start has been pretty awful.
Ross had a set back that wasn't related to his injury. It looks like early to mid-May now.

HaHa. No, it isn't to early to talk about anything really because that is why we are all here for.

Seriously though, I gave up on the season before it started really. Myself, I don't want to make the postseason and lose again in the first round. I got sick of that in the late 90s and the last couple of seasons made me feel the same way. I just don't think we have the talent to even make the postseason this year. But I have been wrong quite a few times before so we shall see.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any update on Ross? I think it's too early in the season to be talking trade chips. We will be getting Beltre back soon and we typically dominate the Astros. I haven't given up on this season yet, even tho the start has been pretty awful.
We do get Beltre back, but who goes down next? Someone always does. And, how long does Beltre stay healthy?

I agree with Ephland that our success against the Astros may not be the same this year.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year may be different.
I agree because it is already different. Getting Beltre back can't cure all the ills' we have. Yes he will be a lift to the team but he can only do so much. Guess we will know more in a month or so.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good win last night, primarily because the bullpen did a stellar job.

But I'm realistic enough to know this team isn't a WS contender this season and will almost certainly be sellers at the deadline. I expect somewhere between 70-75 wins and a likely 4th place finish in the AL West.

But I will enjoy the wins and especially enjoy watching Beltre's pursuit of 3000 hits!

By 2019 I don't expect to see Beltre, Hamels, or Darvish as Rangers anymore so just going to ride out these next 2 seasons, however mediocre they are, and hope we can return to contending in a couple of years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just wish him well and cut him loose? He does not fit into our plans any longer IMO.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darvish has his own YouTube channel. Here is his BP session from yesterday.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a good win last night, primarily because the bullpen did a stellar job.

But I'm realistic enough to know this team isn't a WS contender this season and will almost certainly be sellers at the deadline. I expect somewhere between 70-75 wins and a likely 4th place finish in the AL West.

But I will enjoy the wins and especially enjoy watching Beltre's pursuit of 3000 hits!

By 2019 I don't expect to see Beltre, Hamels, or Darvish as Rangers anymore so just going to ride out these next 2 seasons, however mediocre they are, and hope we can return to contending in a couple of years.
I know too early to predict 'selling' or 'buying.' However, Yu's contract is up this year and Lucroy as well. I think it's money well spent to keep Luc but not Yu. We could get a king's ransom for him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know too early to predict 'selling' or 'buying.' However, Yu's contract is up this year and Lucroy as well. I think it's money well spent to keep Luc but not Yu. We could get a king's ransom for him.
We could trade both of them and sign both of them in the offseason. We could also keep both of them and then not sign them in the offseason. This could work out a number of ways.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C99kbaUUwAAbHeQ.jpg:large

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers release Josh Hamilton, who needs another knee surgery and might be finished
Will this latest knee injury end Josh Hamilton's playing career?

Josh Hamilton's playing career might very well be over.

The Texas Rangers announced Friday that Hamilton has been released from his minor-league contract and will soon undergo yet another right knee surgery. Hamilton hurt his knee in spring training, had surgery in February, then hurt the knee again while rehabbing. He'll have another procedure soon.

"I am disappointed but not discouraged that my knee problems have not allowed me to play this season," Hamilton said in a statement. "I plan to have surgery on my right knee and then evaluate the situation. I want to thank the Rangers and all of the great fans for the support and encouragement. I really appreciate it."

"Josh will forever hold a place in Rangers history as one of the most talented, charismatic and productive players to wear our uniform," general manager Jon Daniels said in a statement. "We wish him all the best in his upcoming recovery, and with his family."

usatsi-8756857.jpg

Josh Hamilton needs another knee surgery. USATSI
Hamilton, 36 in May, has not played since 2015 due to ongoing injury issues, including knee problems. He appeared in only 50 games in 2015 and 89 in 2014. This is the final season on the five-year, $125 million contract Hamilton signed with the Angels. The Halos are paying him $26.41 million this year.

If this is the end of Hamilton's playing career, he will go down as one of the most embattled yet productive players in recent memory. The (Devil) Raysselected Hamilton with the first pick in the 1999 draft, but drug and alcohol addiction sabotaged his career. It wasn't until 2007 that he resurfaced with the Reds as a Rule 5 Draft pick. A year later he was traded to Texas.

With the Rangers from 2008-12, Hamilton hit .305/.363/.549 (137 OPS+) with 142 home runs while averaging 129.4 games per season. He was an All-Star all five seasons and named AL MVP in 2010, a season in which he hit .359/.411/.633 (170 OPS+) with 40 doubles and 32 home runs. On May 8, 2012, Hamilton hit four home runs in one game.

On Aug. 17, 2008, Hamilton was intentionally walked with the bases loaded by Joe Maddon and the Rays, the team that originally drafted him. It was only the fifth time in history -- and only the second time in the past 60 years -- that a player was intentionally walked with the bases full. It's the ultimate sign of respect.

Although addiction ruined the start of his career and injuries hurt him at the end, Hamilton is a career .290/.349/.516 (129 OPS+) hitter with 200 home runs and 28.1 WAR in parts of nine seasons. Considering his off-field issues as a young man, it's remarkable he was able to get back on a baseball field and become a dominant player.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheesh, see the other story there after the Tigers "I got it" story? MadBum out 6-8 weeks after hurting throwing shoulder on a dirt bike. :L

I like having fun, but I don't do things that jeopardize my work...and my work doesn't pay me millions of dollars a year. Save that for when you are 34 and retired living on hundreds of millions!