• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers, Astros play final series in Houston 9/12-9/14

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burns is gone too.

But worry not. They've got more spares playing out of their minds right now just waiting to become Rangers killers. Ryon Healy has his average up over .300 and is on a Charlie Blackmon-like tear right now at the plate... multiple doubles, HR's, and double digit RBI in the KC series alone. And Semien and Alonso are approaching double-digit RBI for that series too. Oakland has scored 35 runs in their last 30 innings.

It's just like right before we played the Twins earlier in the year. A terrible team gets white hot right before playing us and we don't reap the benefits of playing an otherwise terrible team.
Great! So the sewer rat team is raking now. That's all we need. Noticed the Brew Crew took one from the Cubbies. No issues as they have everything locked up now.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not know about this until reading an MLB article:

Gomez dodges lime: Carlos Gomez caught the final out on Tuesday night, snagging a line drive off the bat of Jose Altuve that was hit right at him.

But the baseball wasn't the only thing coming right at him. A fan threw a lime at him, and though it whizzed close to his head just before the baseball arrived, he was able to make the catch.

"I thought it was a golf ball," Gomez said. "It was a lime. They were screaming at me the whole game with offensive language, but I don't care. But when you try to injure me, I don't like it."

After Gomez made the catch, somebody threw a baseball at him as well, but Gomez was on his way to celebrate the victory while stadium security apprehended the fan who threw the lime.

Rangers set up postseason rotation

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I thought it was a golf ball," Gomez said. "It was a lime. They were screaming at me the whole game with offensive language, but I don't care. But when you try to injure me, I don't like it."

After Gomez made the catch, somebody threw a baseball at him as well, but Gomez was on his way to celebrate the victory while stadium security apprehended the fan who threw the lime.

That's reprehensible of someone to do this. Hopefully they'll do a solid 30 days in jail and pay a heavy fine.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's reprehensible of someone to do this. Hopefully they'll do a solid 30 days in jail and pay a heavy fine.

I remember when someone hit Shane Victorino with a beer while he was catching a ball at Wrigley. That was much worse.