• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers, Astros play final series in Houston 9/12-9/14

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thought I have is he is a defensive replacement in late innings for Mazara. He should not be a PH in a game we are trying to score runs to come back. Fact is our MiL options (call ups) are limited in talent. So we have on the bench:

DDJ: who can run like the wind but is a coin toss at the plate. Speed in the OF.

Hoying: LH bat that does not make a difference at the plate, good defensive tools in the OF

Alberto: utility INF with above average speed. Can play any INF position

Profar: talented and needs some ABs to get better again.

Gallo: Well enough said. The "K" king at the plate and is average at 1B and can hold his own at 3B.

All of the above will be used in the next two weeks to give the vets some rest/healing time. Nothing we can really do about it as all of the above need further development. Plus if we had any 'nails' minor leaguers you would think they would have already been on the 25 man roster before call ups.
Agree on all except I want us to keep the pedal to the metal until we have home field advantage. Then play the minor league and bench players and rest our starters. Just play them occasionally to keep them sharp.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually glad we didn't sweep the Astros and think 2 out of 3 was the ideal result. I know some people will disagree, but I want this team to stay hungry and not clinch too early. Realistically, this team will win the AL west. We have 15 games left, 12 of them are at home, and we are the one of the best home teams in all of baseball. Our competition for these last 15 games is horrible.

I want the Rangers to officially clinch towards the end of next week because I know if they clinch too early that we might be subjected to 2 weeks of the rooster " experimenting" with crap and " giving guys playing time" you know turds like Hoying and Alberto. In addition, this long phase of experimenting could take the edge off the team and possibly cost us home field. If the Mariners / Astros hang in there longer, we will probably be forced to fight for more wins and have a better shot of getting home field advantage.

I see what you are saying. However the sooner we clinch the sooner vets get needed rest. Plus we can throw some relievers in high leverage situations we would not want to do now.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed the White Sox beat the Indians 2-1. WS took 3 out of 4 from them. The bottom dwellers are playing spoiler right now. Oakland won their series with KC and Tampa Bay took 2 out of 3 on two different occasions against the Blue Jays.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you are saying. However the sooner we clinch the sooner vets get needed rest. Plus we can throw some relievers in high leverage situations we would not want to do now.
With you all the way on that.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think beginning to give some off time was ok. If there ever was a game to lose it was yesterday. I would like to keep Houston in playoff hunt as we seem to have their number. Not sure yet if Altuve or Bregman are ok

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 22 game stretch that I thought we did not have a break but had 1 but to me was critical as we played the Reds, Indians, Mariners, Astros, Mariners, Angels and Astros was a success. Rangers went 14-8 and more importantly at home against all teams the they are battling with in one way or another they were 8-2.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big thing to me is to have key guys play better. Momentum with some rest is huge going into playoffs. Don't leak too early

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on all except I want us to keep the pedal to the metal until we have home field advantage. Then play the minor league and bench players and rest our starters. Just play them occasionally to keep them sharp.
Yes we still push and rest responsibly. Don't want to turn out like the 2007 Mets.

Mets Complete Stunning Collapse

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just noticed the White Sox beat the Indians 2-1. WS took 3 out of 4 from them. The bottom dwellers are playing spoiler right now. Oakland won their series with KC and Tampa Bay took 2 out of 3 on two different occasions against the Blue Jays.
The home stretch may not be such a cake walk. The As are without two Ranger killers in Crisp and Reddick. But still have Davis and Burns. Billy Butler is gone too. Yankees picked him up off waivers.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big thing to me is to have key guys play better. Momentum with some rest is huge going into playoffs. Don't leak too early
We need May June Mazara and Desmond. If they get it back in order we will pummel teams in the playoffs.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need May June Mazara and Desmond. If they get it back in order we will pummel teams in the playoffs.

I agree. Meant to say peak too early. I surely don think we should coast at any time. Before or after clinching

Some may disagree but I think the same for Deikman. I think pitching Bush and Dyson responsibly. Also longshot but Choo may be able to come back. We have things to accomplish the next few weeks.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd love to see the Blue Jays miss the playoffs entirely by one game.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home stretch may not be such a cake walk. The As are without two Ranger killers in Crisp and Reddick. But still have Davis and Burns. Billy Butler is gone too. Yankees picked him up off waivers.
Burns is gone too.

But worry not. They've got more spares playing out of their minds right now just waiting to become Rangers killers. Ryon Healy has his average up over .300 and is on a Charlie Blackmon-like tear right now at the plate... multiple doubles, HR's, and double digit RBI in the KC series alone. And Semien and Alonso are approaching double-digit RBI for that series too. Oakland has scored 35 runs in their last 30 innings.

It's just like right before we played the Twins earlier in the year. A terrible team gets white hot right before playing us and we don't reap the benefits of playing an otherwise terrible team.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read about this. This is not good for him. Glad we didn't make any trades with AJ. He won't be with the Padres long. And maybe out of baseball.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Habla espanol? Ha. Funny

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's extremely lucky that's all he got. Overseeing a system that intentionally hides the treatments players received for injuries and ailments to improve trade odds is beyond shady. Who will trade with them now?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's extremely lucky that's all he got. Overseeing a system that intentionally hides the treatments players received for injuries and ailments to improve trade odds is beyond shady. Who will trade with them now?

Surely he didn't learn from JD

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think maybe his conscience got the best of him and thus would explain why he so willingly took back the player he traded to the Marlins that was injured in his first start there. Gotta have some integrity AJ and not pull shit like that in the first place