• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't all of these phenom RB stats against 99% of players not good enough to be in the NFL?
Barkley gets an immediate welcome in week 1.

Last edited:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But isn't all of these phenom RB stats against 99% of players not good enough to be in the NFL?
Barkley gets an immediate welcome in week 1.
Get your point, but just devils advocate..they also had lines and QB's where 99% of the time they ain't good enough either. Its a guessing game, and you just trust what you see on film and what time and expierence tells you should work...or, in other words, a shitload of the eye test

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the movement among the veteran WRs sure put a major dent in the rookies landing spots - same on RBs and QBs. .... from what I've deciphered many #1's are likely going to be #3's. ....... there are exceptions but aside from a handful, it's hard to get very excited about where they went. .... in many cases the muddy water just got muddier. ....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the movement among the veteran WRs sure put a major dent in the rookies landing spots - same on RBs and QBs. .... from what I've deciphered many #1's are likely going to be #3's. ....... there are exceptions but aside from a handful, it's hard to get very excited about where they went. .... in many cases the muddy water just got muddier. ....
Agreed!!!!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Compared to most of the rookie WRs out there, of course the veteran options looked better.
There's a good handful of guys from this class that are going to surprise all of us - personally have my eye on a couple, but ultimately have zero clue who those guys are going to be.

and I'd wager in most instances from this class, even camp battles and preseason games in 2018 might not be enough to unearth these gems, think it'll take a season or two for them to get up to NFL speed and have better opportunities open up for them.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone got an up to date dynasty trade calculator they use? I was using DynastyFF Tools but their ranking are way off.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither..I stopped even bothering when a couple said the 2016 1.1 (Zeke) was worth less than Jordy Nelson.
I don’t take them seriously, but I will try a half a dozen of them if I’m 50/50 on a trade offer. Most of them are way off IMO. Always get a chuckle out of a trade offer that includes one of these calculators that shows their offer is so fair. Think I’ve done the same though. :dhd:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither..I stopped even bothering when a couple said the 2016 1.1 (Zeke) was worth less than Jordy Nelson.

The Current rankings have David Johnson RB and David Johnson TE both at 9000 points :scratch:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree with the others - once you start breaking things down and evaluating their rankings, I seldom agree with them, or they seldom make sense

but way harder than evaluating redraft league trade values, imo

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use dynastytradecalculator.com because they seem to be the most up to date, but you do have to pay for it (it's $10.00 a year). Although, just like the others, I don't use it as the gospel when it comes to values of players because it, like all of the other websites, puts so much more value on wide receivers than running backs. I do use the value of draft picks before the draft though because I think it's pretty accurate to the values.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard of all kinds of tricks that players and agents do to create some hype and move up the draft board, but it appears that the more direct approach works best

upload_2018-5-1_9-9-13.png

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to save my manual draft order for a best ball league on fantrax, draft started this morning

haven't heard back from their support team yet, so i started using commish access to trade every pick in every round to the correct owner.

FML

word to the wise/friendly reminder - if you run any of your leagues, double check....wait, TRIPLE check your settings the day before the draft starts!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to save my manual draft order for a best ball league on fantrax, draft started this morning

haven't heard back from their support team yet, so i started using commish access to trade every pick in every round to the correct owner.

FML

word to the wise/friendly reminder - if you run any of your leagues, double check....wait, TRIPLE check your settings the day before the draft starts!!!

Now that seriously sucks.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I'm just a non-believer, but fantasypros dynasty trade chart has 5 rookies rated over Derrick Henry, and I'm not sure I'm ready to just write Henry off as an automatic RB2 just cause they signed Lewis.
If Titans get a little something more out of that passing game this year, the TDs alone could put Henry in that RB8-RB10 range, imo.

But I guess there is some allure to the unknown, versus having a damn good idea that Henry will cede touches to Lewis no matter what, thwarting his RB1 chances.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis will most likely miss time with injury.

It could be the annoying "questionable every week" situation, but since Henry is probably a RB2 on days that Lewis gets 15 touches anyway that shouldn't hurt lineup decisions much.

Overall the Lewis signing lowers Henry's perceived value, but not his potential production. Which is good for me when I get him lower.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe I'm just a non-believer, but fantasypros dynasty trade chart has 5 rookies rated over Derrick Henry, and I'm not sure I'm ready to just write Henry off as an automatic RB2 just cause they signed Lewis.
If Titans get a little something more out of that passing game this year, the TDs alone could put Henry in that RB8-RB10 range, imo.
But I guess there is some allure to the unknown, versus having a damn good idea that Henry will cede touches to Lewis no matter what, thwarting his RB1 chances.

I saw that as well - always amazes me how the 'rookie fever' plays into fantasy. .... they will hit on a couple, and likely miss on more. Outside of Barkley, IMO judging on landing spots and talent there probably should be maybe 2 more. .... but the nagging question still remains; which 2 ???