• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tmp.png
ESPN Boston reports Patriots DB Duron Harmon was denied entry into Costa Rica for attempting to bring marijuana into the country.

He was briefly detained then sent back to the US. Harmon was caught with 58 grams of marijuana in a can of ice tea, three pipes with oil, a THC candy and 4.3 grams compressed into four canisters. "We are aware of the situation involving Harmon Friday night in Costa Rica," the Patriots said in a statement. "He has since returned to the U.S. and we are seeking to gain more information. At this time, we have no further update." Harmon recorded four interceptions for the Patriots last season.

Source: ESPN Boston

:pound: Can these guys really be this stupid?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, the Browns sign Costa Rica customs agent to play CB, willing to take a chance on anyone that intercepted a Patriot

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns coach Hue Jackson doesn't view Tyrod Taylor as a "bridge quarterback."

"This is the starting quarterback on our team," said Jackson. "There are no 'bridge' players. This guy walks in having more wins than a lot of people in this building. Hopefully, that will rub off on the rest."

Needs to rub off on Hue more than the Browns players imo

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needs to rub off on Hue more than the Browns players imo

I like Hue.
I'm not ready to blame all of CLE's problems on him.
There are some stubborn coaches like Gruden and Fisher and Martz.
Don't see Hue there.
It's not like CLE helped prior to this year's free agency.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 1st round mock with some explanations Disclaimer trying to do a comparison on all my picks some are just knee jerk reactions

Browns - Saquan Barkley RB - This just seems like a Browns move to me passing on whoever they got as their number 1 guy for the safer pick. Personally i think they should take Rosen(highest upside) or Mayfield(Pro ready with great upside)
Comp Barry Sanders

Giants - Josh Rosen QB - This guy has a throw that is comparable to Warren Moon accurate, great timing, and good but not great arm strength. He has injury concerns and his leadership has been questioned.
Comp Warren Moon

Jets - Baker Mayfield QB - Pro ready QB with high marks in all the boxes. Knocks are size and off the field issues. Comp Drew Brees

Browns - Josh Allen QB - Smart with a cannon for an arm, but he forces his throws he needs to sit for a year or 2 imo.
Comp Jay Cutler

Broncos - Sam Darnold QB - Another big arm that checks most of the boxes i just don't like his decision making
Comp Blake Bortles

Colts - Bradley Chubb Edge - Powerful end that can set an edge against the run or rush the passer
Comp Terrell Suggs

Buccaneers - Derwin James FS -
Comp none haven't really watched anything on him

Bears - Quenton Nelson OG - Quite possible the best player in a great draft class built like a tank
Comp Steve Hutchinson

49ers - Tremaine Edmunds ILB - Super athletic guy that can make plays all over the field
Comp Patrick Willis or Aaron Curry

Raiders - Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/FS -
Comp Tyrann Mathieu

Dolphins - Da'ron Payne 2/3 Tech - Powerful DT that could be used to control gaps on running downs or bull rush on passing downs excellent replacement for Suh
Comp Shaun Rogers

Bills - Lamar Jackson QB - Think the Bills probably try and trade up or back to grab a QB, but since i'm not doing trades they'll reach
NFL Comp Johnny Manziel

Redskins - Vita Vea 0 tech - Big and powerful, but probably to slow unless he has some great pass rushers backing him up
Comp Danny Shelton

Packers - Harold Landry Edge -
Comp Cliff Avril

Cardinals - Mason Rudolph QB - Another team reaching for a QB
Comp Marc Bulger

Ravens - Calvin Ridley WR -
Comp Steve Smith Sr

Chargers - Maurice Hurst 3 tech - Athletic, high motor, and slightly undersized with good technique(my favorite type of player Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, and Grady Jarrett)
Comp Grady Jarrett

Seahawks - James Daniels OC - Athletic Guard/Center that can make blocks at the 2nd level
Comp Andy Levitre

Cowboys - Raquon Smith ILB/OLB - This guy is probably gone by now, but since i've got so many QBs off the board he kinda slipped if things did work out this way he'd be a great replacement for Sean Lee
Comp Lavonte David

Lions - Taven Bryan 3/4 tech - It appears we are going to a hyrid 34/43 we have big needs at Nose. 3 tech and Edge hopefully 2 out of are 3 first picks go in that direction. Bryan is talented, but raw my prefered picks here would be Payne, Landry, and Hurst i just don't think they'll make it this far.
Comp Cory Redding

Bengals - Will Hernandez OG - pro ready guard thats a plus in a power scheme
Comp Richie Incognito

Bills - Rashaan Evans OLB -
Comp Ryan Shazier

Patriots - Leighton Vander Esch ILB -
Comp Kiko Alonzo

Panthers - Denzel Ward CB -
Comp Morris Claiborne

Titans - Rasheem Green DE -
Comp Daquon Bowers

Falcons - Isaiah Wynn OG -
Comp Josh Sitton

Saints - Courtland Sutton WR -
Comp Jarvis Landry/Jordan Matthews

Steelers - Marcus Davenport DE - Stand up passrusher that bulked up his senior year and is now being projected as a DE
Comp Aaron Maybin/Dion Jordan

Jaguars - Connor Williams OG/OT
Comp Joel Bitonio

Vikings - Mike McGlinchey OT -
Comp Nate Solder

Patriots - Derrius Guice RB -
Comp Frank Gore/Ezekial elliott

Eagles - Kolton Miller OT -
Comp Andrus Peat

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 1st round mock with some explanations Disclaimer trying to do a comparison on all my picks some are just knee jerk reactions

Browns - Saquan Barkley RB - This just seems like a Browns move to me passing on whoever they got as their number 1 guy for the safer pick. Personally i think they should take Rosen(highest upside) or Mayfield(Pro ready with great upside)
Comp Barry Sanders

Giants - Josh Rosen QB - This guy has a throw that is comparable to Warren Moon accurate, great timing, and good but not great arm strength. He has injury concerns and his leadership has been questioned.
Comp Warren Moon

Jets - Baker Mayfield QB - Pro ready QB with high marks in all the boxes. Knocks are size and off the field issues. Comp Drew Brees

Browns - Josh Allen QB - Smart with a cannon for an arm, but he forces his throws he needs to sit for a year or 2 imo.
Comp Jay Cutler

Broncos - Sam Darnold QB - Another big arm that checks most of the boxes i just don't like his decision making
Comp Blake Bortles

Colts - Bradley Chubb Edge - Powerful end that can set an edge against the run or rush the passer
Comp Terrell Suggs

Bears - Quenton Nelson OG - Quite possible the best player in a great draft class built like a tank
Comp Steve Hutchinson

49ers - Tremaine Edmunds ILB - Super athletic guy that can make plays all over the field

Comp Tyrann Mathieu

Dolphins - Da'ron Payne 2/3 Tech - Powerful DT that could be used to control gaps on running downs or bull rush on passing downs excellent replacement for Suh
Comp Shaun Rogers

Bills - Lamar Jackson QB - Think the Bills probably try and trade up or back to grab a QB, but since i'm not doing trades they'll reach
NFL Comp Johnny Manziel

Redskins - Vita Vea 0 tech - Big and powerful, but probably to slow unless he has some great pass rushers backing him up
Comp Danny Shelton

Comp Cliff Avril

Comp Marc Bulger

Comp Steve Smith Sr

Chargers - Maurice Hurst 3 tech - Athletic, high motor, and slightly undersized with good technique(my favorite type of player Aaron Donald, Geno Atkins, and Grady Jarrett)
Comp Grady Jarrett

Seahawks - James Daniels OC - Athletic Guard/Center that can make blocks at the 2nd level
Comp Andy Levitre

Cowboys - Raquon Smith ILB/OLB - This guy is probably gone by now, but since i've got so many QBs off the board he kinda slipped if things did work out this way he'd be a great replacement for Sean Lee
Comp Lavonte David

Lions - Taven Bryan 3/4 tech - It appears we are going to a hyrid 34/43 we have big needs at Nose. 3 tech and Edge hopefully 2 out of are 3 first picks go in that direction. Bryan is talented, but raw my prefered picks here would be Payne, Landry, and Hurst i just don't think they'll make it this far.
Comp Cory Redding

Comp Richie Incognito

Comp Ryan Shazier

Comp Kiko Alonzo

Comp Morris Claiborne

Comp Daquon Bowers

Comp Josh Sitton

Steelers - Marcus Davenport DE - Stand up passrusher that bulked up his senior year and is now being projected as a DE

Comp Joel Bitonio

Comp Nate Solder

Comp Andrus Peat
The rumors have slowed a little here in Chicago but there was talk earlier in the off season that the Bears were shopping their #8 pick. I don't think they have a 3rd round pick this year and the talk was to trade down and acquire more picks.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hue.
I'm not ready to blame all of CLE's problems on him.
There are some stubborn coaches like Gruden and Fisher and Martz.
Don't see Hue there.
It's not like CLE helped prior to this year's free agency.

Seems content to blame everybody but himself for their issues.

Sure they didnt have a QB but that roster has way more talent than 0-16. Thats horrid. And as bad as Kizer was I cant imagine Hue managing him any worse than he did.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comp Barry Sanders

Comp Warren Moon

Comp Jay Cutler

Comp Blake Bortles

Comp Terrell Suggs

Comp Steve Hutchinson

Comp Tyrann Mathieu

Comp Shaun Rogers

NFL Comp Johnny Manziel

Comp Danny Shelton

Comp Cliff Avril

Comp Marc Bulger

Comp Steve Smith Sr

Comp Grady Jarrett

Comp Andy Levitre

Comp Lavonte David

Comp Cory Redding

Comp Richie Incognito

Comp Ryan Shazier

Comp Kiko Alonzo

Comp Morris Claiborne

Comp Daquon Bowers

Comp Josh Sitton

Comp Joel Bitonio

Comp Nate Solder

Comp Andrus Peat

Hot take...I think Allen at 4 is way more of a reach than Jackson at 12

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally started ranking my players for 2018. :eek:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gotta comment on this to people who might actually understand-

I find it HILARIOUS that for the past 3 years or so, the local yical sports reporters/talk radio hosts for been suckling CJ Anderson's sack at every turn, the man could do no wring, "He'd be hands down, without a doubt, the starter on every team that doesn't have Leveon Bell on it" type stuff. And now that he's gone, nearly each and every one of these jokers is saying the excact same thing I've been saying..he's not bad, but he ain't great. He was good all around, but not great at anything in particular. And so on..

What a bunch of toolbags

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gotta comment on this to people who might actually understand-

I find it HILARIOUS that for the past 3 years or so, the local yical sports reporters/talk radio hosts for been suckling CJ Anderson's sack at every turn, the man could do no wring, "He'd be hands down, without a doubt, the starter on every team that doesn't have Leveon Bell on it" type stuff. And now that he's gone, nearly each and every one of these jokers is saying the excact same thing I've been saying..he's not bad, but he ain't great. He was good all around, but not great at anything in particular. And so on..

What a bunch of toolbags
all homers do that and they are professional homers

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff for Donkey GM
Can promise you I'd do a better job than Bucky Elway..at least in the draft. Dude has only hit, really hit, on ONE pick, Von Miller, which was almost assuredly his coaches and scouts doing his job for him in his first draft ever. He has truly been awful at the draft. Very good at conning free agents into coming though

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are there ads polluting every thread now? Or is it just me?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Computer but now on my phone and it’s good.

It was a big ad between every other post

had this going on over the weekend on my phone as well, but no issues on my laptop today