• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random Fantasy Baseball Thoughts

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet geezuz, Mets. WTF is wrong with you?

@Chef99 - I mean, c'mon man! I get that Granderson has had a solid career, but it's just embarrassing at this point. One of their top three hitters is a fucking backup.

And guess what, when that back up is hot, why can't they just leave him in "for now"? My fuck this bothers me. No trouble throwing Grandy (at leadoff too!) and his sub .200 average out there time and time again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet geezuz, Mets. WTF is wrong with you?

@Chef99 - I mean, c'mon man! I get that Granderson has had a solid career, but it's just embarrassing at this point. One of their top three hitters is a fucking backup.

And guess what, when that back up is hot, why can't they just leave him in "for now"? My fuck this bothers me. No trouble throwing Grandy (at leadoff too!) and his sub .200 average out there time and time again.

Ah, we all have our crosses to bear...for some, it's the Sosciapath. For others, it's Buck (although, I'd bear him gladly).

For me? Terry...freakin'...Collins.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wow:suds:

MLB announced Tuesday that Starling Marte has been suspended 80 games for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Marte tested positive for Nandrolone. It's a shocker for Pittsburgh, who is 6-7 to begin the season. The 28-year-old Marte was batting .241/.288/.370 with two homers and two steals over 13 games to begin the year. Andrew McCutchen figures to return to center field while Marte is away. The suspension could open the door for top prospect Austin Meadows to be called up, but Adam Frazier will likely take on a everyday role in the short-term. As a consequence of his suspension, Marte would be ineligible to participate if the Pirates reach the postseason.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just wow:suds:

MLB announced Tuesday that Starling Marte has been suspended 80 games for testing positive for performance-enhancing drugs.

Marte tested positive for Nandrolone. It's a shocker for Pittsburgh, who is 6-7 to begin the season. The 28-year-old Marte was batting .241/.288/.370 with two homers and two steals over 13 games to begin the year. Andrew McCutchen figures to return to center field while Marte is away. The suspension could open the door for top prospect Austin Meadows to be called up, but Adam Frazier will likely take on a everyday role in the short-term. As a consequence of his suspension, Marte would be ineligible to participate if the Pirates reach the postseason.

yowza!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap on a cracker, I get that it's all about the money these days, but can these guys please not turn this game into Major League Pussy Ball?

Psst: the definition of 'contusion' is 'bruise'. Forget about the 10 day DL shenanigans, it is not even worthy of sitting out a game.

Wow.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked around, does any one know who will be in Arizona's rotation with Miller going on the DL? I read the are bringing up Silvino Bracho but he has been a reliever in AAA. I'm thinking either Bradley or De La Rosa.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have looked around, does any one know who will be in Arizona's rotation with Miller going on the DL? I read the are bringing up Silvino Bracho but he has been a reliever in AAA. I'm thinking either Bradley or De La Rosa.

Probably a Bradley/De la Rosa combo... just guessing though.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Godley will start for the Diamondbacks on Wednesday against the Padres.

The rest of the Arizona rotation will shift back one day. Godley is filling in for Shelby Miller, who could be out for a while with a right elbow injury. Godley was off to a nice start this year with Triple-A Reno but probably won't work too well as a streaming option.:suds:

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another wow:suds:

Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo said Sunday that the typical timetable for someone with Adam Eaton's (knee) injuries is 6-9 months.

More will be known after Eaton has surgery, but 6-9 months is the rough expectation right now. Rizzo noted that Eaton had a full thickness tear of his left ACL as well as a meniscus tear and high ankle sprain. The Nationals haven't officially ruled him out for the rest of the season, but that undoubtedly will happen after Eaton goes under the knife. Rizzo added that the club is confident it can fill the center field void internally. It will start with Michael Taylor, but Rafael Bautista also looms as an option. It seems unlikely that top prospect Victor Robles would be pushed to the majors this season given that he's only in High-A and won't turn 20 until next month.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry chef:suds:

Noah Syndergaard has been diagnosed with a partial tear of his right lat muscle following an MRI.

Awful news. There's no clear timetable for Syndergaard's return, but obviously he's facing a lengthy absence. It's worth noting that his teammate, Steven Matz, missed two months with a partial lat tear back in 2015. The Mets are off to a disappointing 10-14 start and they are going to have a tough time turning things around without their ace. Panic City, indeed. Rafael Montero is the most likely internal option to take Syndergaard's spot in the rotation, though the Mets figure to be on the lookout for outside options.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry chef:suds:

Noah Syndergaard has been diagnosed with a partial tear of his right lat muscle following an MRI.

Awful news. There's no clear timetable for Syndergaard's return, but obviously he's facing a lengthy absence. It's worth noting that his teammate, Steven Matz, missed two months with a partial lat tear back in 2015. The Mets are off to a disappointing 10-14 start and they are going to have a tough time turning things around without their ace. Panic City, indeed. Rafael Montero is the most likely internal option to take Syndergaard's spot in the rotation, though the Mets figure to be on the lookout for outside options.

My first two picks this year in my money league...

Bumgarner and Syndergaard.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
update of the day:suds:

Cody Bellinger went 2-for-4 and had the Dodgers' only extra-base hit in Monday's loss to the Giants.

Bellinger doubled and singled off Johnny Cueto for two of Dodgers' six hits. He scored two of the team's three runs. But, yeah, the club should totally go ahead and send him down later this week.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Schebler has been a surprise to me... Batting Average sucks but RBI and Homers

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Jason Vargas guy apperars to be the real deal this year. Wish I had snagged him in more leagues.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Jason Vargas guy apperars to be the real deal this year. Wish I had snagged him in more leagues.

I gotta say, Gyorko has shocked the crap outta me. He also is actually looking like the real deal. Philabuster and I used to battle for him in our last year together in the old Yahoo MBBRL. That's how long it's taken him.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, Gyorko has shocked the crap outta me. He also is actually looking like the real deal. Philabuster and I used to battle for him in our last year together in the old Yahoo MBBRL. That's how long it's taken him.

Late scratch today... hoping it's not serious. Wrist things can be a pain in the .....wrist I guess. Headaches for owners of fantasy hitters though.

He and Altherr, both in my lineup and I get both "news breaks" after the lineup lock deadline today..... arrggh.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late scratch today... hoping it's not serious. Wrist things can be a pain in the .....wrist I guess. Headaches for owners of fantasy hitters though.

He and Altherr, both in my lineup and I get both "news breaks" after the lineup lock deadline today..... arrggh.

Rut Roh...what happened to Altherr?

doo.gif

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a somewhat related note, this 10 day DL shit is CRAZY...seems like half the league is on it. :crazy::crazy::crazy: