• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ramsey on Fisher

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the first thing I thought about. You know FSU alumni/employees cringed reading that.

Guilty as charged.

Reactions: 006

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is bad, especially since 1 of the guys never played for Fisher. Truth is most of these "developed so and so" are exaggerations at best.. it's best not to put that stuff in writing.

Goes beyond that... Fisher gets labeled as some sort of "QB Guru"... And how he develops college QBs for the pros....

Lessee.... Ponder, Manuel and sorry, but ole Jameis ain't lighting it up in the NFL either at this point...

NFL ready indeed! :D :D :D

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell us again how GLAD you are that Jimbo Fisher is gone. I think some folks are starting to believe it!

Honestly, I'm not too worried about it.

So A&M will get a recruiting bump and disappoint everyone, unless they catch lightning in a bottle (FSU with Winston for a year)?

I'm good moving on. No, it wasn't on our terms necessarily, but not heart-broken either.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBU was ranked 30th in the nation against the pass in 2017. Pretty good. Only 20 spots behind Virginia.

Someone is starting to get warm as to WHY many FSU fans could give a shit about Jimbo's departure. Look at where the FSU defense was SUPPOSED to be and look where they ended up.

Jimbo has/had a problem letting certain assistants go when it was clear they were out of their depth. Our DC was one of them.

I could be wrong (but don't think so), but I think the Nation is going to stand up and take notice at the difference at FSU in the next year or two (Might need Taggart to pull a QB that fits his offensive scheme first, but we'll see.)..

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goes beyond that... Fisher gets labeled as some sort of "QB Guru"... And how he develops college QBs for the pros....

Lessee.... Ponder, Manuel and sorry, but ole Jameis ain't lighting it up in the NFL either at this point...

NFL ready indeed! :D :D :D

That falls into exaggeration. That is completely acceptable. Problem with this is A&M put it in writing and try to play it off as if Jimbo was the reason for FSU's DB success. You write it down and now you expose yourself to being called on the BS. I believe Pruitt used Ramsey in a tweet also, but Ramsey had no problem with that.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DBU has another DB coming out that will get drafted I n the 1st round yet again, possibly a lottery pick.

Tennessee got anyone going round 1?

The best CB on the planet right now (Ramsey) and the best CB of all time (Deion) say hi.
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy goes in the first round, but projected 2nd.
UT_1.jpg

He has a lot riding on the combine but he's very similar to Ramsey, both being 6'1" 195. If he has speeds close to Ramseys he'll be enticing to some franchises since many are going to a bigger cb's.

FSU has had some great DB's over the years. Many have gone on to do great things, even some who have been Rhodes scholars and now neurosurgeons.

I think you're taking this a little too serious guy. Best on the planet:thumb:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That falls into exaggeration. That is completely acceptable. Problem with this is A&M put it in writing and try to play it off as if Jimbo was the reason for FSU's DB success. You write it down and now you expose yourself to being called on the BS. I believe Pruitt used Ramsey in a tweet also, but Ramsey had no problem with that.

Well, closer to the truth, Jimbo was always touted as a "pro-style coach", which is supposedly why his QBs were supposed to be more NFL ready... I think the cat's out of the bag on that one though.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if this guy goes in the first round, but projected 2nd.
UT_1.jpg

He has a lot riding on the combine but he's very similar to Ramsey, both being 6'1" 195. If he has speeds close to Ramseys he'll be enticing to some franchises since many are going to a bigger cb's.

FSU has had some great DB's over the years. Many have gone on to do great things, even some who have been Rhodes scholars and now neurosurgeons.

I think you're taking this a little too serious guy. Best on the planet:thumb:

This tweet by Jalen is hilarious. It's all fun just like talking shit on tHoop -- which I take somewhat serious.

But I'll play. Who's a better CB playing football right now than Ramsey?

Xavier Rhodes?? :dhd:

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This tweet by Jalen is hilarious. It's all fun just like talking shit on tHoop -- which I take somewhat serious.

But I'll play. Who's a better CB playing football right now than Ramsey?

Xavier Rhodes?? :dhd:
I'd go Patrick Peterson, Aquib Talib and Malcome Butler over Ramsey. NFL stats show that the guy across the field from him is the best when thrown at. Ramsey is a head case. If you let AJ Greens scrony self whip your ass then that says alot. Too slow to handle tight ends as well.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 175309
I'd go Patrick Peterson, Aquib Talib and Malcome Butler over Ramsey. NFL stats show that the guy across the field from him is the best when thrown at. Ramsey is a head case. If you let AJ Greens scrony self whip your ass then that says alot. Too slow to handle tight ends as well.

Peterson and Talib are still good but aging and not sure if they're great. Butler? Lmao Yeah AJ Green 1 catch for 9 yards. What an ass whippin

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about as funny as Tennessee football.

Butler over Ramsey

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, you cite Talib and called Ramsey a head case?

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, you cite Talib and called Ramsey a head case?
Talib has been doing it at a higher level for a longer period of time. Him and Crabtree have history and at least Talib doesn't bitch out after picking a fight. Ramsey just does dumb shit at random times. He's a great player but still lacks the maturity it takes to be the best on the planet.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's about as funny as Tennessee football.

Butler over Ramsey
It's about to get better. The University of Tennessee will be paying Butch Jones 2 million/yr as an analyst for Alabama while still on the the Jumbotron in Neyland:L

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib has been doing it at a higher level for a longer period of time. Him and Crabtree have history and at least Talib doesn't bitch out after picking a fight. Ramsey just does dumb shit at random times. He's a great player but still lacks the maturity it takes to be the best on the planet.

While I'll agree he's immature, he did do his talking on the field. Holding AJ to 1 catch and 9
Yards is pretty stout while letting him know about it. He was all up in his head. Should he have swung back or grabbed AJ? If he wants a fine or suspension sure.

There's no CB anywhere right now at Ramsey's level.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I'll agree he's immature, he did do his talking on the field. Holding AJ to 1 catch and 9
Yards is pretty stout while letting him know about it. He was all up in his head. Should he have swung back or grabbed AJ? If he wants a fine or suspension sure.

There's no CB anywhere right now at Ramsey's level.
:suds:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind Patrick Robinson on the Eagles and his pick 6 in the NFC championship to get things started... and get Jimbos "offensive mind" out the picture.. lol

this is DBU

IMG_3191.JPG

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is a borderline criminal. He has calmed down, but let's just say this is not the kind of guy you want your daughter bringing home. Ramsey is immature and does some stupid shit, but I don't put him in Talib' s class.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is a borderline criminal. He has calmed down, but let's just say this is not the kind of guy you want your daughter bringing home. Ramsey is immature and does some stupid shit, but I don't put him in Talib' s class.
fa642de144ccaeccfba7a24943652fc0.gif

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look at Richard Sherman. All in your face on the field, but tactical and smart off the field or at least when he has to be. All these great CBs play with a serious edge.