• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting comments by Mike Martz here. I can sense some butt hurt flowing in Mad Mike.

Old Salty Guys Are Not Impressed by Rams’ Head Coach Sean McVay
I understand his concerns, but his comments are a lot of sensationalism, probably to help sell an upcoming book 'Blitzed' where he likely gets a percentage of the take.
Blitzed: Why NFL Teams Gamble on Starting Rookie Quarterbacks by Thomas George, with a foreword by Warren Moon and an afterword by Tony Dungy, will be published on Sept. 5, 2017, by Sports Publishing, an imprint of Skyhorse Publishing.

Jared Goff has the tools to succeed, but does he have the right environment?

Martz makes a lot of sense here, except for his attack on McVay.

Who knows, maybe Mad Mike is right and Sean is a lot more hype than hope, but the Rams have done a lot to change the culture on the offensive side of the ball, the exact thing that Mike criticizes about the Rams offense in '16 in the above link.

FWIW - I never liked the way Martz 'handled' Warner and the Warner/Bulger situation. MM failed to see the Future HOF was still on his bench with an injury that hampered his ability and cast him aside.

Mike may have been an offensive wizard, but little did he ever impress 'this guy' with his player/personnel decisions.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand his concerns, but his comments are a lot of sensationalism, probably to help sell an upcoming book where he likely gets a percentage of the take.

Jared Goff has the tools to succeed, but does he have the right environment?

Martz makes a lot of sense here, except for his attack on McVay.

Who knows, maybe Mad Mike is right and Sean is a lot more hype than hope, but the Rams have done a lot to change the culture on the offensive side of the ball, the exact thing that Mike criticizes about the Rams offense in '16 in the above link.

FWIW - I never liked the way Martz 'handled' Warner and the Warner/Bulger situation. MM failed to see the Future HOF was still on his bench with an injury that hampered his ability and cast him aside.

Mike may have been an offensive wizard, but little did he ever impress 'this guy' with his player/personnel decisions.

Mad Mike was great when the offense was balanced. That seemed to change gradually when he got pass happy. With McVay so young, it will be interesting to watch how see handles the offense. So many OC's get pass happy and forget about running the ball. If McVay is going to use Play action, he's going to have to run the ball.

I think these comments only motivate McVay and the offense. If I was him, I'd be putting up old school posters of the GSOT all over the locker room.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belicheat was 39 was he got his first head coaching gig in Cleveland.

But the Rams were smart and brought in a guy like Wade Phillips. All McVay has to do is work his ass off and get the offense to improve/believe in themselves. He seems to be changing the mentality over there being detail oriented and holding players accountable. Team atmosphere, etc.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MM has forgotten that McVay is not strictly the OC but is the HC. The OC's role is presently filled by Matt LaFleur. LaFleur doesn't like the limelight but is going to be the guy to actually call the games in earnest. Some articles I have read suggest that LaFleur is pretty darn good in his own right and I know for a fact, just watching the change in the culture of the offense from this year to last, that McVay, LaFleur and to a good extent Kromer together are going to progress this offense to another level especially when we endured total boneheads like Weinke and Boras!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost Hemmingway Saturday night. Broken Fibula, the same bone Jack Youngblood broke in the NFC championship game against the CaBoys at the end of the '79 season and later played the Superbowl against Pissburgh with the bone still broken.

Hemingway Suffers Fractured Fibula 

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means just about everyone else will make the team at one level or another. Higbee, Everett, Harkey are near shoe-ins. Mundt and Wilson will probably either make the active roster or the PS.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference an HC makes....

Less than a year ago ED wasn't welcome to attend practice, now he's signed to a one day contract so he can retire a Ram.

Very cool!!

When I first heard the story I had just jumped in the truck. So I tuned in somewhere in the middle and only heard 'how quick the contract was done' and for a second, before I heard who was signed, I thought the AD hold out was over. Sigh....

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could probably suit-up and still play with nearly the same explosive speed and running ability he had when he was younger. Make it like the NBA and do a 10-day contract and see if he can still hit the hole and be gone!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could probably suit-up and still play with nearly the same explosive speed and running ability he had when he was younger. Make it like the NBA and do a 10-day contract and see if he can still hit the hole and be gone!
I sort of agree with you RR, but I don't think hitting the hole at his age is the issue, rather getting hit while hitting that hole is.

We old dudes just don't bounce back up after taking a lick like we used to.

Of course good 'ole boy Toby here ain't talking about hitting the same hole as you are, :rolleyes2: but this video still fits...

"I ain't as good as I once was,
But I'm as good once, as I ever was"

:lol:

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently he's become the VP of business development, which they're saying is mostly ceremonial. Not sure that's a smart move.