• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders using Seattle audible

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you.... Seattle had 26 seconds left, Seattle runs the ball, Lynch get's stuffed, TIME-OUT Seattle... That leaves around 22 seconds give or take 1 second to run 2 play's ... Don't tell me that can't be done, whether they use the time-out after 2nd down or 3rd down, THEY HAD TIME!!!! You're gonna have to sell to me right now that Seattle couldn't get off 2 play's in 20 seconds from the goal-line, NOT 3 PLAY'S!!!!!
With this scenario it almost forces you into throwing on the next down. If you run it again and get stuffed chances are game is over. The pressure to get everyone back in position, a clean snap and the final play would be more tham what most coaches would want to risk. Slant from a 5'-10" QB on the goal line absolutely the wrong call. RW with his mobility on a roll out option would've been brilliant.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this scenario it almost forces you into throwing on the next down. If you run it again and get stuffed chances are game is over. The pressure to get everyone back in position, a clean snap and the final play would be more tham what most coaches would want to risk. Slant from a 5'-10" QB on the goal line absolutely the wrong call. RW with his mobility on a roll out option would've been brilliant.

Agreed, if you're gonna throw just play action and roll out with Russ, that gives him 3 options ... If the Pats read it just throw it away...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget Brandon he didn't look/act fooled. Without him Butler doesn't get there.
He did his job, no doubt, just not giving him the degree of difficulty bonus that Butler got.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it's not ABSOLUTELY the wrong call, except in hindsight. It was a fucking brilliant call if Lockette doesn't lean and tip his hand.

As they approached the LOS, in my mind I wanted him to rollout too.

And instead of making 2 guys miss (and breaking one guy's ankles) he could have crawled into the endzone)

But in the chess match of O v D, sometimes the D wins.

<edit> Obviously he would have rolled the other way.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's not ABSOLUTELY the wrong call, except in hindsight. It was a fucking brilliant call if Lockette doesn't lean and tip his hand.

And instead of making 2 guys miss (and breaking one guy's ankles) he could have crawled into the endzone)

That was SICK by Russ ... Just sick ..

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people still talking about that play??!?!?

The Patriots were NOT expecting the pass PERIOD!!! They were gearing up to stop Lynch. Yes I know they weren't doing a great job of it but come on... That was the CORRECT call, just didn't work out..... Everyone would still be jumping up and down if they had scored and be saying that it was the greatest call ever! It's time to give it a rest..... It really is

Come on man. Browner knew what the play was as soon as they lined up. All they had to do at that point was jump it and stop it and they did. It was a crappy call all around when you consider the personnel involved.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man. Browner knew what the play was as soon as they lined up. All they had to do at that point was jump it and stop it and they did. It was a crappy call all around when you consider the personnel involved.

Maybe, maybe not... Even if HE did doesn't mean the Patriots were expecting it. Still I think it was the right call, just didn't work out

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but as a coach you don't want to put yourself in that situation unless you've got no other choice. Sure, some players thrive under adversity. But many don't. And it's not just Wilson that has to be great in that pressure cooker. The line has to get set and not fuck up, or it's ball on the 6, and the chances of Seattle winning go down by half.

The % chance of a slant being picked is incredibly small. I bet Butler could make the same correct assumption and run that play 10 times, and at BEST he'd knock the ball down 8 times out of 10. 1 time Wilson puts it 18" down and away and it's a Lockette TD, the last time, he replicates the pick.

It was a fan-fucking-tastic play.

I beat you if they tried it again and he truly knew it was happening, Butler probably wouldn't intercept it. I agree with you 100%

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did his job, no doubt, just not giving him the degree of difficulty bonus that Butler got.
Not at all. Beside making a great break on the ball I'm still not sure how Butler caught that ball between the contact with the reciever and it was on his shoulder. Amazing, NE fans usually see these kind of plays against them. Glad this was different.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you play to your strengths in that situation. RW's strength is not sitting in the pocket on the goal line and trying to make that pass with every defender within 5 yards of the LOS.
Having said that. Atlanta tried going to their strong suit during the SB. Failure to complete their passes bit them in the ass.

Guess that's why we play the games and the reason the good coaches get paid and have longevity.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler and I'm assuming his DB coach out-executed the Seahawks. Every other fooking Pat including the hoodie was fooled completely. :(

Bullshit, Tom Brady made that Interception at the goal line

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was about the Raiders.
Fuck the Faiders. However, I guess they should have their 5 minutes of fame. The last time the Faiders were relevant cell phones were the size of a shoe box. Did I mention fuck the Faiders?