• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders using Seattle audible

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy ... what makes you think that? with a timeout left 3 run play's NO problem ... It's not like it takes long for hurry up from the goal-line, it's not like receivers are way down field... EASY BREEZY, 3 run play's no sweat... Run the ball, call timeout if you're stopped, that gives you 2 play's to run in over 20 seconds... I"m shocked hearing people say time was a factor, it wasn't .... Seattle had plenty of time to get 3 play's off...

Not 3 running plays. No way, no how. Take five or six seconds to actually RUN the play, plus the time to get everyone up to the line, set, and snap the ball for the next play?

Impossible.

Belichek has chimed in on this too. The pass was the right call.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best with that time left, if they run Marshawn and they stuff him (they'd ALREADY stuffed him in the game in short yardage!) then you have to hurry up to the line and either spike it, OR throw a pass anyway. Then you've got 4th down.

By throwing there, they get all three downs to work with. On a slant, 99 times out of hundred at worst it's incomplete, it stops the clock, puts doubt into Belichek's mind, and they run two more plays, INCLUDING one more run if they want.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I still give credit to Browner for blowing up Kearse and not allowing him to get in Butler's way.

Execution bugs me more than the play call there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? If that play works from Seattle it's brilliant. It was the correct call at the time. You had 1 timeouts and 3 tries to get it in the end zone. Pass once, if it's a TD game over, if not clock stops and then you have 2 straight runs with Lynch to win it. Belichick actually said he'd call the same play and it was correct.

The stupid decision was throwing it to Lockette who totally 'yawned' the play and Wilson for leading a bit too far. Lynch had been stuffed in that situation (1 yard line) 3/4 times during the year and the Patriots as evidence of the play COMPLETELY stuffed the middle part of the line. The Pats 100% expected the run, Butler just made a good read and Wilson 100% telegraphed it.

As for Lynch, hey great job running for Seattle, but remember nobody else in the league thought you were worth a damn and the only team giving you a shot was Seattle, who subsequently paid you after run ins with legal authorities in Buffalo. You lost your starting job to Fred Taylor and CJ Spiller...

I feel like that play is one of the best plays you can reference to another football fan to gauge their understanding of the situation/prior statistics, and knowledge of playcalling in the NFL. Everyone just assumed Lynch would automatically get the TD and Belichick even called against the run to stuff Lynch.
Careful Shark you may lose your Seahawk card.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At best with that time left, if they run Marshawn and they stuff him (they'd ALREADY stuffed him in the game in short yardage!) then you have to hurry up to the line and either spike it, OR throw a pass anyway. Then you've got 4th down.

By throwing there, they get all three downs to work with. On a slant, 99 times out of hundred at worst it's incomplete, it stops the clock, puts doubt into Belichek's mind, and they run two more plays, INCLUDING one more run if they want.
Right on. Boogies also forgetting how long it takes for a ref to reposition the ball. Does he think NE is just going to let ML pop up and hand the ball to the offials? No they'll sit on him as long as possible. Then you have the new rule about the refs positioning themseleves before the snap.
Hindsight roll out would've been the call.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, it was the correct call for you!!! :] Nah man, gotta run it there even if your Pats were ready for it.. You let Lynch punch that in, but you absolutely don't risk a slant route like they did... And it's being brought up because the Raiders have an audible called Seattle, which is pretty effin hilarious.... Lynch is getting his revenge on Bevell, no doubt about it, because YOU KNOW Bevell is gonna see that....

Yes it did work out in my favor... Which is awesome! However... I still think it was a good call.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 3 running plays. No way, no how. Take five or six seconds to actually RUN the play, plus the time to get everyone up to the line, set, and snap the ball for the next play?

Impossible.

Belichek has chimed in on this too. The pass was the right call.

You're not keeping in mind they had a timeout in there hip pocket, so they didn't have to run 3 play's in hurry up, just 2 play's ....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not keeping in mind they had a timeout in there hip pocket, so they didn't have to run 3 play's in hurry up, just 2 play's ....

Right, and I am figuring in the timeout.

Again, just do the math, count it down.

Lynch runs get's stuffed, (eight seconds count down)

DT's lay on Lynch

tick, tick, tick

Seattle rushes to the line

tick, tick

refs get adjusted

tick, tick.

Holy fuck, that third play is looking pretty unlikely? Spike it?

tick, tick.

(there's just no time to run 3 running plays with 1 timeout)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT's lay on Lynch

tick, tick, tick

tick, tick

refs get adjusted

tick, tick.

tick, tick.

Um dude, you didn't use a time-out in your explanation... LMAO....

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um dude, you didn't use a time-out in your explanation... LMAO....

Right, I didn't write out the last two plays at all. That's just the FIRST one. You've got TWO MORE, and only 1 timeout.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT's lay on Lynch

tick, tick, tick

tick, tick

refs get adjusted

tick, tick.

tick, tick.

Let me help you.... Seattle had 26 seconds left, Seattle runs the ball, Lynch get's stuffed, TIME-OUT Seattle... That leaves around 22 seconds give or take 1 second to run 2 play's ... Don't tell me that can't be done, whether they use the time-out after 2nd down or 3rd down, THEY HAD TIME!!!! You're gonna have to sell to me right now that Seattle couldn't get off 2 play's in 20 seconds from the goal-line, NOT 3 PLAY'S!!!!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I didn't write out the last two plays at all. That's just the FIRST one. You've got TWO MORE, and only 1 timeout.

Right but that 1 time-out was everything.... If they had no time-out TOTALLY different story...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help you.... Seattle had 26 seconds left, Seattle runs the ball, Lynch get's stuffed, TIME-OUT Seattle... That leaves around 22 seconds give or take 1 second to run 2 play's ... Don't tell me that can't be done, whether they use the time-out after 2nd down or 3rd down, THEY HAD TIME!!!! You're gonna have to sell to me right now that Seattle couldn't get off 2 play's in 20 seconds from the goal-line, NOT 3 PLAY'S!!!!!

Yep, that's what I'm telling you. 2 running plays in 20 seconds is REALLY iffy to get the second one off, because all those factors I listed earlier come into play the second time as well (players lay on RB, Seattle has to get to the line and get set, refs have to get set and blow the play in)

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's what I'm telling you. 2 running plays in 20 seconds is REALLY iffy to get the second one off, because all those factors I listed earlier come into play the second time as well (players lay on RB, Seattle has to get to the line and get set, refs have to get set and blow the play in)

I'll go with iffy, because you would have to hurry... but I feel strongly they would a been fine getting the play's off had they chose that route, but alas, it's all history now... It's still hella funny seeing the Raiders with Lynch call that audible though... lol

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with iffy, because you would have to hurry... but I feel strongly they would a been fine getting the play's off had they chose that route, but alas, it's all history now... It's still hella funny seeing the Raiders with Lynch call that audible though... lol

yeah, and I figure given that it's Lynch it's not mean-spirited at all. So like the humor. Still think you're dreaming on the math.

Clock goes zero as you're trying to get off a 4th down play to win the superbowl, and it IS the worst call in Bowl history, instead of being the hyperbole we've got now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This nonsense again?

The Patriots out-executed the Seahawks. Simple as that.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler and I'm assuming his DB coach out-executed the Seahawks. Every other fooking Pat including the hoodie was fooled completely. :(

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and I figure given that it's Lynch it's not mean-spirited at all. So like the humor. Still think you're dreaming on the math.

Clock goes zero as you're trying to get off a 4th down play to win the superbowl, and it IS the worst call in Bowl history, instead of being the hyperbole we've got now.

Granted teams practice this all the time... But still it's a mute point right now

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted teams practice this all the time... But still it's a mute point right now

Sure, but as a coach you don't want to put yourself in that situation unless you've got no other choice. Sure, some players thrive under adversity. But many don't. And it's not just Wilson that has to be great in that pressure cooker. The line has to get set and not fuck up, or it's ball on the 6, and the chances of Seattle winning go down by half.

The % chance of a slant being picked is incredibly small. I bet Butler could make the same correct assumption and run that play 10 times, and at BEST he'd knock the ball down 8 times out of 10. 1 time Wilson puts it 18" down and away and it's a Lockette TD, the last time, he replicates the pick.

It was a fan-fucking-tastic play.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Malcolm Butler and I'm assuming his DB coach out-executed the Seahawks. Every other fooking Pat including the hoodie was fooled completely. :(
Don't forget Brandon he didn't look/act fooled. Without him Butler doesn't get there.