• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders using Seattle audible

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans should be happy for Lynch. I wish him only success. He is loving life right now. The Raiders are for real.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle fans should be happy for Lynch. I wish him only success. He is loving life right now. The Raiders are for real.

Raiders are for real, no doubt... dam good shot in the AFC this year...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? If that play works from Seattle it's brilliant. It was the correct call at the time. You had 1 timeouts and 3 tries to get it in the end zone. Pass once, if it's a TD game over, if not clock stops and then you have 2 straight runs with Lynch to win it. Belichick actually said he'd call the same play and it was correct.

The stupid decision was throwing it to Lockette who totally 'yawned' the play and Wilson for leading a bit too far. Lynch had been stuffed in that situation (1 yard line) 3/4 times during the year and the Patriots as evidence of the play COMPLETELY stuffed the middle part of the line. The Pats 100% expected the run, Butler just made a good read and Wilson 100% telegraphed it.

As for Lynch, hey great job running for Seattle, but remember nobody else in the league thought you were worth a damn and the only team giving you a shot was Seattle, who subsequently paid you after run ins with legal authorities in Buffalo. You lost your starting job to Fred Taylor and CJ Spiller...

I feel like that play is one of the best plays you can reference to another football fan to gauge their understanding of the situation/prior statistics, and knowledge of playcalling in the NFL. Everyone just assumed Lynch would automatically get the TD and Belichick even called against the run to stuff Lynch.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? If that play works from Seattle it's brilliant. It was the correct call at the time. You had 1 timeouts and 3 tries to get it in the end zone. Pass once, if it's a TD game over, if not clock stops and then you have 2 straight runs with Lynch to win it. Belichick actually said he'd call the same play and it was correct.

The stupid decision was throwing it to Lockette who totally 'yawned' the play and Wilson for leading a bit too far. Lynch had been stuffed in that situation (1 yard line) 3/4 times during the year and the Patriots as evidence of the play COMPLETELY stuffed the middle part of the line. The Pats 100% expected the run, Butler just made a good read and Wilson 100% telegraphed it.

As for Lynch, hey great job running for Seattle, but remember nobody else in the league thought you were worth a damn and the only team giving you a shot was Seattle, who subsequently paid you after run ins with legal authorities in Buffalo. You lost your starting job to Fred Taylor and CJ Spiller...

I feel like that play is one of the best plays you can reference to another football fan to gauge their understanding of the situation/prior statistics, and knowledge of playcalling in the NFL. Everyone just assumed Lynch would automatically get the TD and Belichick even called against the run to stuff Lynch.

I think throwing the ball is ok, just not a slant route, go play action and have Wilson roll out, if it's not there throw it away, or Wilson can run it... Slant routes are dangerous because they can pop up in the middle of the end zone, and DB's aren't playing back... If I was the coach I run it 3 times, that's me though, ground Chuck ...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are people still talking about that play??!?!?

The Patriots were NOT expecting the pass PERIOD!!! They were gearing up to stop Lynch. Yes I know they weren't doing a great job of it but come on... That was the CORRECT call, just didn't work out..... Everyone would still be jumping up and down if they had scored and be saying that it was the greatest call ever! It's time to give it a rest..... It really is

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had 3 US Presidents since the Raiders last won a playoff game, I say cool your jets everyone. Of course I understand the excitement given they aren't basement dwellers anymore.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost there. But you can't 'telegraph' a slant, because there's no time to telegraph it. It was Lockette who tipped Butler, because Bulter had noticed Lockette 'leaning' on slants on game film. So when Lockette did it, Butler decided to GAMBLE and jump the route.

If he'd guessed wrong, and Lockette was running a different pattern, Wilson could have thrown him the ball underhand.

At any rate, good job with the rest. Slowly more people are being educated about the 'worst call in Superbowl history.'

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots were NOT expecting the pass PERIOD!!! They were gearing up to stop Lynch. Yes I know they weren't doing a great job of it but come on... That was the CORRECT call, just didn't work out..... Everyone would still be jumping up and down if they had scored and be saying that it was the greatest call ever! It's time to give it a rest..... It really is

The worst part of it, is it gives no credit to Butler.

Who even though he guessed what was coming STILL had to make an amazing play to actually pick it off.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think throwing the ball is ok, just not a slant route, go play action and have Wilson roll out, if it's not there throw it away, or Wilson can run it... Slant routes are dangerous because they can pop up in the middle of the end zone, and DB's aren't playing back... If I was the coach I run it 3 times, that's me though, ground Chuck ...

No time to run it three times.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst part of it, is it gives no credit to Butler.

Who even though he guessed what was coming STILL had to make an amazing play to actually pick it off.

Yeah not many people give him credit for it. I also thought he was going to be called for PI on that play since there was a lot of contact. Granted it was only about 1 yard away but still

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE ARE SERIOUS SB CONTENDERS, BITCHES!!!!!

Been waiting many years to type that.

Glad you guys are back - makes football more interesting. That's going to be a heck of a divisional race first tho.... the AFCW is for real.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
barret-robbins-misses-super-bowl.jpg

"i coulda been a contender"

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah not many people give him credit for it. I also thought he was going to be called for PI on that play since there was a lot of contact. Granted it was only about 1 yard away but still

At first I thought it was a PI but once you slow it down it was a perfect timed play, no PI.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No time to run it three times.

Easy ... what makes you think that? with a timeout left 3 run play's NO problem ... It's not like it takes long for hurry up from the goal-line, it's not like receivers are way down field... EASY BREEZY, 3 run play's no sweat... Run the ball, call timeout if you're stopped, that gives you 2 play's to run in over 20 seconds... I"m shocked hearing people say time was a factor, it wasn't .... Seattle had plenty of time to get 3 play's off...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol, it was the correct call for you!!! :] Nah man, gotta run it there even if your Pats were ready for it.. You let Lynch punch that in, but you absolutely don't risk a slant route like they did... And it's being brought up because the Raiders have an audible called Seattle, which is pretty effin hilarious.... Lynch is getting his revenge on Bevell, no doubt about it, because YOU KNOW Bevell is gonna see that....