• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raese responds to Luck's DP interview

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raese appears to have an unhealthy obsession of Oliver Luck.

This rambling letter to the President of WVU is a sad reflection of the man John Raese has become. It absolutely appalls me that anyone could support his POV about the allegations he's made against Luck and others associated with WVU.

That is not to say he is completely wrong about the way Luck conducted the tier 3 bids… obviously… mistakes were made. The WVU AG admitted in his investigation that WVU was not required to bid. Luck wanted to go through procurement… even though he didn't have to do so.

By directly handing the rights to IMG, would John have been pissed? It is the way his company received it contract for 70 years…

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raese is just pissed he can't get his radio broadcast for pennies on the dollars any longer.

Maybe Ollie took a woman at one time Rease had his eye on?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting isn't it...for this letter to be populated...he must know he has no case against Wv and he must of caught wind the Judge is going to rule in Wv's favor...

No way his lawyer's would have approved this public release...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is funny how he calls Luck arrogant, when he thinks that quotes in Lucks article are directly related to him....that is arrogance. Luck could have been talking about and detractor from WVUDAD to the delivering his mail.

JR is the worst of the worst in my opinion...he is causing the University we all love to waste their time and efforts on this thing. There has been no crime here, nothing illegal has been done, yet we have had to spend resources dealing with this a$$hole. Sloppiness is not a crime....someone just got the in before he could on this one and he can't stand it.

Much like his political career he talks himself out of any respectable position with his own mouth....and his true wish is that WVU never went big time then he could hide his pathetic deal with the university forever. I hope the university never has dealings with this jacka$$ again.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly laughing out loud when I read this section…

Any form of retaliatory conduct against whistleblowers can not be tolerated, and I call upon you now to ensure that any such acts do not occur against employees and individuals who simply demand that WVU comply with the law. It is inherent in the "Rules of the University" that WVU should foster an institutional culture where speaking the truth and the pursuit of proper practices should be celebrated, not punished. Everyone in Morgantown and at WVU has an idea of what happened to Mike Parsons. Right now, the lesson from the Parsons incident would appear to be for people to keep their heads down and their mouths shut when they see improper things occurring because if they dare speak up, their careers will be destroyed. This lesson is having and will have a chilling effect on future whistleblowers, making it less likely that people will stand up for right in the future. Instead of fostering a climate of rule-following, the Parsons lesson will ensure a culture of bad acts at WVU because bad actors will go unchecked by good people who will be too afraid to act for fear of losing their own jobs.

Mike Parsons was Raese's mole. Because of Mike Parsons, WVU did not go after tier 3 rights back in 2007. WVU has lost out of 10's of millions of dollars from tier 3 rights as a result. He fed Raese all of the information Raese has used in his suit of WVU and his personal attack of Luck and Clements.

For being a mole… being disloyal to WVU… and to his boss… he was fired.

Raese wants to refer to him as a whistleblower. That is a fucking joke…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Slaton is correct, he has no case in court so now he is just trying to trash luck in the court of public opinion.

To use the term Mike Parsons and whistleblower in the same sentence is pretty funny, not like he was at the center of the review. I also heard a rumor that MP settled because WVU had information on MP had communications of confidential WVU business with outside parties.

I am sure someone is looking into personal actions Luck could take against JR with these articles.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well…. Raese's letters to President Gee… were paid ads in TDP.

Did you like the cartoon drawing of Luck that he came up with?

He has become comical himself… too funny…

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't have said it better DC. Raese reminds me of my children and how they throw a tantrum, cross their arms and pout, and cry. He's a grown 5 year old...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Oliver "Tex" Luck

My only concern about Luck is when he leaves will the people like JR have any influence over who comes in next....the piggy bank is even bigger these days and the thought of any of the old guard having their hand it irks me beyond belief.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Reases lawyers should be telling him at this juncture is to let it go...before he gets sued for Slander, Defimation of Character and Malicious intent...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raese's lawyers likely tell him what he wants to hear, or he hires some new lawyers.

I've read that a decision of some sort is expected to be made today regarding the lawsuit.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@theDudeofWV: Pastilong & Parsons protected WVRC for 7 years after the BoG determined outsourcing was the best option.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@theDudeofWV: That protecting included a mysterious 3 year extension granted to WVRC on MSN.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@theDudeofWV: That extension most certainly did not follow the rules Raese claims were violated during the bid IMG won.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@theDudeofWV: It was Jim Clements who recognized the relationship between MSN & WVRC was unhealthy and change was needed.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@theDudeofWV: Clements brought Luck in as an agent of change. A businessman to increase revenues & keep WVU competitive.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a blog in the Smoking Musket...thought it said it pretty well....

In some ways, I'm really happy that there hasn't been much discussion about the ongoing legal issues between John Raese and the WVU athletic department on this site. It's the sad, shady side of college athletics that takes away from all that is good about sports. Sports are and should always be a break from reality. A means to leave behind all the stress and anxiety we subject ourselves to during the week for the all mighty dollar.
Mickey Furfari and Bob Hertzel have both alluded to a simpler time in college sports when the outcome on the field was more important than the income off of it in recent weeks. The truth is, they aren't wrong. At least if you put your blinders on and don't pay attention to the forces that drive college athletics. I know it's strange coming from me, but there is a lot of wisdom in what they preach. I have to acknowledge that, because it's the right thing to do. Especially when I spend so much time ripping Mickey for not presenting the full picture in his articles.
But I'm also a firm believer that you don't do anything halfway. That's why I've given a lot of support to Oliver Luck and what he is doing to try to maximize revenue for WVU's athletic department. Has he made mistakes along the way? Absolutely! But he's also proven time and again that he is dedicated to making WVU competitive on a national level. He saw the writing on the wall his first day as athletic director. He knew the Big East was on life support and that if you weren't one of the "haves" in the five power conferences you would be a have not. He set out to put WVU with the haves and he accomplished that goal by delivering us to the Big 12. But in order to be competitive in the Big 12, it takes money and a way of doing things we aren't used to seeing.
That makes some people uncomfortable and they start to long for the way things used to be and how much simpler everything was. That's also where John Raese comes in with his never ending battle to turn back the clock. We've been over a lot of this and my feelings about John Raese, Mike Parsons, and Ed Pastilong are laid out as best as I could ever formulate them. But after everything that has transpired, John Raese still feels it's in his best interest to double down on everything he's done in the past in the hopes that all of his lies are spoken so many times that they become the truth.
At some point today, a ruling is expected on West Virginia Radio Corporation's motion to void WVU's contract with IMG for tier 3 media rights. I'll try to update as that ruling becomes available. Although it's hard to imagine that WVRC will get a favorable ruling, that didn't stop Raese from penning a full page open letter to WVU president E. Gordon Gee yesterday in the hopes of winning in the court of public opinion.
In that open letter is included a cartoon figure of Oliver Luck holding a pennant with "Oliver "TEX" Luck" written on it. He also refers to Luck as "TEX" several times in the piece so as to suggest that Luck's loyalty lies with Texas and not WVU. I know that there are people that hold it against Luck that he would consider taking the UT AD job. I would just counter that Luck's ties to Texas and key players in the Big 12 are a big reason we're in the Big 12 and not that thing EDSBS described as the American Athletic Conference. As long as Luck is AD at WVU, I believe he will do the best thing for the University and athletic department. And if he gets another job at Texas or anywhere else, I'll wish him well and thank him for doing what needed done while he was here. Hell, I might even get him a Bolo tie with the letters "TEX" on it. Just because a tie doesn't have to only reflect a man's fashion sense. Every once in a while it should also be used to flip your nose at your enemies.
It's a sad state of affairs that will hopefully have a happy outcome for WVU.