• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. John Prine

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply one of the best live performances EVER!

LAKE MARIE

TURN IT UP!

"AHHHHH Babe,We Got To Go Now."

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one stings more than others. I never got to see him live, but before this Covid-19 deal, he was coming to Atlanta in early May, and I was going come hell or high water. When Merle died, I got to see him a year prior and he was great, and I never really had an opportunity to see Tom Petty, but to have plans made to go see someone you idolize for the first time, and then this happen, it sucks.

I won't spam the thread, but here's one of his more underrated songs:

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one stings more than others. I never got to see him live, but before this Covid-19 deal, he was coming to Atlanta in early May, and I was going come hell or high water. When Merle died, I got to see him a year prior and he was great, and I never really had an opportunity to see Tom Petty, but to have plans made to go see someone you idolize for the first time, and then this happen, it sucks.

I won't spam the thread, but here's one of his more underrated songs:

When I heard the news yesterday at work, you were the first person I thought of. You had recommended his music to me around this time last year. I listened to one of his albums all the way through once or twice but then I got busy around that time period and never revisited him. I was listening to a number of his songs today for the first time in awhile, and I listened to that track you posted this morning (which I had never heard before).

I'm really sorry for the awful break man. I know you didn't know Prine personally, but that doesn't mean you didn't lose someone close to you this week. Hope you're doing alright.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard the news yesterday at work, you were the first person I thought of. You had recommended his music to me around this time last year. I listened to one of his albums all the way through once or twice but then I got busy around that time period and never revisited him. I was listening to a number of his songs today for the first time in awhile, and I listened to that track you posted this morning (which I had never heard before).

I'm really sorry for the awful break man. I know you didn't know Prine personally, but that doesn't mean you didn't lose someone close to you this week. Hope you're doing alright.

Don't be a fag. Lulz