• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. Babe Parilli

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the Red Sox line up (-) 3rd base. They need to find them a power hitting 3rd basemen. F#$k the Panda that fat POS. Glad he's gone.
The Sox outfield are a bunch of young studs.
Infield is sold minus 3rd.
Two quality catchers.
Lots of good pitching.
Just because you don't know their names doesn't mean they can't play.
So yeah I like their line up.

Let me help

Vasquez is a great defensive catcher, can't hit
Leon is blaah

Moreland is ok vs righties

Pedroia has the look of a player whose best days are over

Boegarts is a nice average hitter with no run production ability

3rd base awful

Benediti may be good one day, right now he's a platoon player with the immortal Chris Young

JBJ is a streaky offensive player

Mookie is awesome

Hanley is solid

You're welcome

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
488 to 440, a difference of 48 runs

and the Yankees have played 3 less games

Yeah, sorry, maybe you and I have a different opinion on a significant difference

Again, the Yankees are like 9-20 in one run games because their BP has been dreadful

if this weekend is any indication that the pen is straightened out, id watch out

And if the Sox add a bat, you should watch out. It's the same argument.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help

Leon is blaah

3rd base awful

Benediti may be good one day, right now he's a platoon player with the immortal Chris Young

Mookie is awesome

Hanley is solid

You're welcome

And yet except for the deep ball the two teams are batting .265 and .262, nearly identical.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet except for the deep ball the two teams are batting .265 and .262, nearly identical.

Pedroia batted 3rd yesterday

He has 4HR and about 30RBI

You seem to be the only one that doesn't notice they have trouble scoring

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pedroia batted 3rd yesterday

He has 4HR and about 30RBI

You seem to be the only one that doesn't notice they have trouble scoring

Yes. .6 runs per game less than the Yanks.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Porcello this season is what he has been his entire career

Last season was the anomaly
If you look ar ERA only you're correct. However, when you break down his stats you'll find he actually had some better numbers in Detroit. Detroit just wasn't winning games for him. Not taking anything away from his amazing season last year. But the drop off has been unexpected. Just like Price. He was a Sox killer. Maybe he just turned the corner this season? This pitching line up should be dominant. Just need that one power hitter.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look ar ERA only you're correct. However, when you break down his stats you'll find he actually had some better numbers in Detroit. Detroit just wasn't winning games for him. Not taking anything away from his amazing season last year. But the drop off has been unexpected. Just like Price. He was a Sox killer. Maybe he just turned the corner this season? This pitching line up should be dominant. Just need that one power hitter.

If Price stays consistent, they can be really good, and Im a big Eduardo Rodriguez fan.......But i knew they would miss Papi, but not quite this much, just no one outside of Mookie in that lineup that you worry about...Maybe Devers gets the call up and gives them the boost they need

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. .6 runs per game less than the Yanks.

Or .6 more runs than the juggernaut Angels offense, who rank 27th in MLB in runs scored

Keep thinking .6 in baseball is a nothing number

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or .6 more runs than the juggernaut Angels offense, who rank 27th in MLB in runs scored

Keep thinking .6 in baseball is a nothing number

Where did I say it's a "nothing number"? I said it's not as big of a difference between the two O's as you claim.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say it's a "nothing number"? I said it's not as big of a difference between the two O's as you claim.

And im telling you thats its a significant difference, like 48 more runs in a season in 3 less games, is pretty significant

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And im telling you thats its a significant difference, like 48 more runs in a season in 3 less games, is pretty significant

And it amounted to what this 4 game set? A split.

It's not that significant.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it amounted to what this 4 game set? A split.

It's not that significant.

More than happy with the split on the road

Kinda what I expected, especially facing the Sox best 4 pitchers

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help

Leon is blaah

3rd base awful

Mookie is awesome

Hanley is solid

You're welcome
Sorry you're jaded opinion is terrible. Not every team buys big name players to hit 300 and drive in 100. Then when they make tge playoffs lose.

Both catchers are very good defensive players. Something Boston has seem to value since the days of Vtek.

Moreland is playing a great 1st and 19 doubles and 12 HRs along with a .775 OPS. I'll take that wish he'd bring the BA up a good 20 points or so.

Petey still batting over .300 and still a favorite dirt dog. All over tge field making defensive plays. Yeah he's looking old:rolleyes2:

Xander a young stud defensive SS, who hits for average and has 42 RBIs. You wouldn't take a SS that drives in 80 runs a year? He started slow this year. Power numbers down slightly but I wouldn't trade him for anyone out there.

Already said third is a problem.

Stop with your nonesense about tgat outfield. They're all babies. Likely the best defensive outfield in baseball. They're all batting like .275 sure would love to see those numbers up a little. But when you look at the whole. OB%, assists, SBs all the intangibles yeah not a better group out there collectively.

Look schools out for summer. I'm done learning you on this subject.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Price stays consistent, they can be really good, and Im a big Eduardo Rodriguez fan.......But i knew they would miss Papi, but not quite this much, just no one outside of Mookie in that lineup that you worry about...Maybe Devers gets the call up and gives them the boost they need
Agree I think everyone was hoping Sandavol would pick up some of the slack. I was so pumped when he came over from SF. I thought for sure he'd rake off the wall all day and become best friends with the Pesky pole. Oh well:gaah:

Pedroia and Boegarts power numbers are down that's not helping.

Also when you look at that pitching staff one would think it shouldn't take a lot of production to win games.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry you're jaded opinion is terrible. Not every team buys big name players to hit 300 and drive in 100. Then when they make tge playoffs lose.

Both catchers are very good defensive players. Something Boston has seem to value since the days of Vtek.

Moreland is playing a great 1st and 19 doubles and 12 HRs along with a .775 OPS. I'll take that wish he'd bring the BA up a good 20 points or so.

Petey still batting over .300 and still a favorite dirt dog. All over tge field making defensive plays. Yeah he's looking old:rolleyes2:

Xander a young stud defensive SS, who hits for average and has 42 RBIs. You wouldn't take a SS that drives in 80 runs a year? He started slow this year. Power numbers down slightly but I wouldn't trade him for anyone out there.

Already said third is a problem.

Stop with your nonesense about tgat outfield. They're all babies. Likely the best defensive outfield in baseball. They're all batting like .275 sure would love to see those numbers up a little. But when you look at the whole. OB%, assists, SBs all the intangibles yeah not a better group out there collectively.

Look schools out for summer. I'm done learning you on this subject.

Listen man, I cant possibly have a sports discussion with you without you implementing your nonsensical homerism

Everyone around baseball says the red Sox need an upgrade offensively, if they are gonna compete with the Clevelands and Houstons of the world

But hear you are telling us how great it is

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen man, I cant possibly have a sports discussion with you without you implementing your nonsensical homerism

Everyone around baseball says the red Sox need an upgrade offensively, if they are gonna compete with the Clevelands and Houstons of the world

But hear you are telling us how great it is

And if you think there isnt a better outfield out there, you really need to polish up on your baseball

Defensively I agree, offensively, it lacks greatly

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So apparently posting about Babe Parilli's death was just a clever ruse to argue about another NE sports team...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you think there isnt a better outfield out there, you really need to polish up on your baseball

Defensively I agree, offensively, it lacks greatly
Take breath. Slow down and re-read what I said about the outfield. Again combine the defense with all the other stats and intangibles.

No one mentioned how far they could go in the playoffs. You make a lot of assumptions. It's common sense that sure other OFs are hitting a lot more HRs. NY is an example and they're in 3rd place. So power alone doesnxt make an outfield. Except to you and chicks who dig the long ball apparently.