• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about these continued poor performances.

F

ForeverNole10

Now clearly this team is not as good as the team was last season. I know we all argue to no avail on the general boards about FSU continuing to win, and that we are just playing down top competition, and everyone is just giving us their best game. I think all of those are factors, but i am really starting to wonder.

All of me wants to believe this team will turn it around, but i just can't realistically believe that its going to happen anymore. This team isn't a great team that is lazy in the first half, i just genuinely think this is the new FSU team that is not as good, and frankly, is lucky. Sure, they have won all their games thus far, but in reality, we really haven't played anyone remotely good.

From what I've seen, we will not be competitive against teams like Bama and Oregon. I'm starting to believe this team just isn't good enough to win the national championship this year. Does anyone else realistically disagree with me and please explain!!

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I disagree, but I always go by results. We have beaten 2 top 25 teams and one was without our starting QB.

Also, from what I remember in a bit of the 90's this is basically the same thing (maybe a little more extreme). FSU was a second half team and unfortunately that screwed a few times in the 90's.

I think we can hang with Bama or Oregon, but it's one of those things it could easily go either way. I don't think we will hang with them though.

Going of the lucky thing. FSU, and mainly Winston, got real lucky last season with his throws in the first halves. It's not that this was a new issue from my eyes. In the first half he seemed to make a lot of throws that were long, but did not get picked off. It seems this year he is making those same types of throws but does not have the receivers to make up for it and is getting picked off more.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what another horrible and lucky performance. I don't think we're going to fair well against G Tech.

Noles21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone catch what ESPN said earlier today about Alabama?

In the year of the flawed, Alabama might be the ideal No. 1. It's a team that gives up 630 yards -- and wins. It's a team that turns the ball over three times -- and wins. It's a team that spots its archrival a 12-point lead, dominates the fourth quarter -- and wins.

Funny, that's sounds exactly like FSU... except giving up 630 yards at home:lol:

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... yeah. At first I thought they were talking about FSU and then I had to remind myself they weren't.

It's okay though. It's Alabama. They can do things like this, but if someone else does they suck.