• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the Boston Celtics

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice analysis. I've also noticed that the C's will be able to compete for the Eastern conference championship even without Hayward. Very impressed with this team so far. Kyrie is tearing it up right now.

Spurs were without their main man. This win was just a eh for me. But I do really like the defense that Kyrie and Tatum are playing. Steal and rebound machines. Brad has them bought in

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is better now, and we will only see Brad make him even better . What most of you may have overlooked is he has a wingspan thats off the charts for his 6 8 frame. He has to adjust to the double triangle and not have to be an iso only player. His defense will be good under Brads system and Horford will make sure of it.

Well said

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs were without their main

man. This win was just a eh for me. But I do really like the defense that Kyrie and Tatum are playing. Steal and rebound machines. Brad has them bought in

Tatum is a block machine as well. The C's are #2 in defensive efficiency right now before this last game. Their offensive efficiency is very low though. Need to eliminate the mid range shots and take more in the paint layups, hooks and dunks, and only take wide open uncontested three's (unless you're Kyrie). That should increase their efficiency rating on the offensive end.

Tatum and Brown are both at about 15 ppg now and Tatum appears to be the better all around player already. I won't say they're all star caliber but could potentially be in three years for sure.

Will Gordon Hayward be back before the playoffs starts? If the reports I heard are true then this season is truly not over and the Hawyard injury might be a blessing in disguise because it advanced the growth of Hayward and Brown as well as other rookies like Theis and Ojele.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are a hoot to listen too. Your never right on these boards, and you dont even care?

that's not true at all.

But whatever helps you sleep at night.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tatum is better now, and we will only see Brad make him even better . What most of you may have overlooked is he has a wingspan thats off the charts for his 6 8 frame. He has to adjust to the double triangle and not have to be an iso only player. His defense will be good under Brads system and Horford will make sure of it.

Tatum's wingspan is only 6'11.

Really not "off the charts" for someone 6'8.

So you are the one wrong again.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything going swimmingly for the C's so far*...
  • youngsters both getting burn and playing at a high level for youngsters
  • lead players like Kyrie and Horford doing work and leading the team to W's
  • unknowns like Theis, Oleyaje and others look like valid contributors
  • *BONUS* - defense has been very good thus far

* - except for that whole Hayward/ankle dealie... what could have been this season. C'est la vie...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

* - except for that whole Hayward/ankle dealie... what could have been this season. C'est la vie...

I loved the Semi pick.

Berlin Wall was always intriguing.

Imagine if they hadn't overpaid for Kyrie, what kind of ammo they'd have to make another big move.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if they hadn't overpaid for Kyrie, what kind of ammo they'd have to make another big move.
^ This comment is quintessential Q. :tongue:

As a counterpoint, I'll note that Danny Ainge is a genius... and all his moves this past offseason look fantastic at this admittedly early point of judgement.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ This comment is quintessential Q. :tongue:

As a counterpoint, I'll note that Danny Ainge is a genius... and all his moves this past offseason look fantastic at this admittedly early point of judgement.

Once we see what Bledsoe goes for we can see how much he overpaid.

Him and Kyrie have been of comparable value the last few years.

And neither is a pillar of durability.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're the #2 ranked scoring defense #2 ranked efficiency rating on D, and #5 in opponent shooting %.

Theis the Germany defensive player of the year has been very good on the boards and on defense. Oleyaje has been the only person I've seen so far play one on one defense on Giannis and lock him down this year. Tatum looks like the best rookie from this class. Brown has taken a major step this season and one of the more improved players. Kyrie has low end shooting %'s but I expect those to go up. Harford is looking like he's almost worth his contract this season almost....

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Al Horford this year there is really something different in his game. He is bringing the ball down alot more and he looks much more assertive with his ISO capability too. Maybe its Kyrie style. Al is absolutely earning his salary

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How dare you accuse Kyrie of playing defense.

The dude is number one in the NBA in steals. He still wont fight through picks as hard as others but between game 1 and game 8 the difference is noticeable. I am betting that he wants to fit in to Brads system and if he looks like a fool on defense he will stand out in a bad way. You have to be on the same wave length in his sytem

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dude is number one in the NBA in steals. He still wont fight through picks as hard as others but between game 1 and game 8 the difference is noticeable. I am betting that he wants to fit in to Brads system and if he looks like a fool on defense he will stand out in a bad way. You have to be on the same wave length in his sytem

Ah, so it comes down to him not having a choice. lol

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, so it comes down to him not having a choice. lol

I will give him some credit but if he is the one who is losing his assignment, and we all know Brad schemes assignments then he will get ragged on

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you completely fail to comprehend is that nobody hates Wiggy because he is a Cavs fan. They hate him because he is a douchebag. There are Cavs fans who are well liked on these boards, like @Shanemansj13 and @gordontrue.

I wanted to let this one go, but I couldn't help myself - LOL @ those two being "Cavs" fans.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, they may have early chemistry issues fitting all these pieces together, but the Celtics should be widely considered to win the east this year.