• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question about the Boston Celtics

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that the C's acquired Daniel Theis. Dude was the defensive player of the year last season with Germany. Dude is 6'9" 245 lbs can explode to the basket, has a pure 3 point jumper and dunks over everyone. His first preseason game he led the C's with 12 points 7 reb and 3 ast. I had no idea who the fuck he was but he looked like an all star caliber player on the court. C's young guns are insanely good right now. Taytum should be the starting SG IMO.
File ^this one^ under 'preseason optimism'... :hope:

I like the enthusiasm, though, don't get me wrong. :D

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He should play more than we think because the D has to come from somewhere.

Smart can't cover everyone.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should play more than we think because the D has to come from somewhere.

Smart can't cover everyone.
No doubt... he might become a useful role player. The C's definitely could use a 'wild card' big man to step up... size and rebounding seem to be the main two weaknesses on the roster.

Personally, though, I'm not gonna go crazy over one preseason game... that's all.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt... he might become a useful role player. The C's definitely could use a 'wild card' big man to step up... size and rebounding seem to be the main two weaknesses on the roster.

Personally, though, I'm not gonna go crazy over one preseason game... that's all.

Totally agreed.

His numbers overseas are meh. I don't think he's quite as good of a shooter as his numbers shows.

first because the 3pt line is different. Second because he's not a very good FT shooter (71% last year).

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agreed.

His numbers overseas are meh. I don't think he's quite as good of a shooter as his numbers shows.

first because the 3pt line is different. Second because he's not a very good FT shooter (71% last year).
Yep, we concur.

If he can become a middle-of-the-road bench player that can soak up some front court minutes... I'll be more than satisfied. At this point, though... he hasn't proven anything.

I did enjoy those "looked like an all-star" comments, though... a fan can dream. :D

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we concur.

If he can become a middle-of-the-road bench player that can soak up some front court minutes... I'll be more than satisfied. At this point, though... he hasn't proven anything.

I did enjoy those "looked like an all-star" comments, though... a fan can dream. :D

I'll take it if he's an all-star level defender with a jumper.

Not saying he's that....but for a guy is supposedly an amazing defender, one can hope.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny someone posted that Smart can cover anyone. Apparently he is not watching the games, Smart can defend 3 positions easily, in fact, thats considered his strength. I get hating but sometimes it becomes ridiculous.

Lets watch the next few weeks. I already loved Brad's double triangle.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny someone posted that Smart can cover anyone. Apparently he is not watching the games, Smart can defend 3 positions easily, in fact, thats considered his strength. I get hating but sometimes it becomes ridiculous.

Lets watch the next few weeks. I already loved Brad's double triangle.

I wasn't knocking Smart. That was a compliment. Meaning they can't have him cover everyone and thus the poor defenders on the floor (cough cough Kyrie) will hurt their defense.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't knocking Smart. That was a compliment. Meaning they can't have him cover everyone and thus the poor defenders on the floor (cough cough Kyrie) will hurt their defense.

oh my bad, i read it wrong.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not being optimistic, just calling it how I see it right now. Even though it's just preseason I think their talent will carry over into the regular season. Taytum is better than Brown by far.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I just from an objective point of view believe the Celtics are ready to play at a higher level than Washington

Washington isn't even in the same level as the C's. Hell, it's the Cavs, C's and everyone else. I'd even take the Bucks over Washington.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington isn't even in the same level as the C's. Hell, it's the Cavs, C's and everyone else. I'd even take the Bucks over Washington.
Boston just got Irving for Isaiah Thomas who has been a steal considering where he drafted, but Irving was a huge upgrade. Boston might have to wait one more year for LeBron to move or leave Cleveland, then they will be in a position to dominate the east

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not being optimistic, just calling it how I see it right now. Even though it's just preseason I think their talent will carry over into the regular season. Taytum is better than Brown by far.
It's fine for you to "call it like you see it"... no problem there, that's every fan's right.

But if I'm calling it like I see it... I'd say you're also getting a little too excited over preseason action.

Just a little. :nod:

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to take me a good month to evaluate what is this Boston roster. Probably the key to their near term future besides the starters is how good tatum and brown can be, and if Smart really took his game to another level

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine for you to "call it like you see it"... no problem there, that's every fan's right.

But if I'm calling it like I see it... I'd say you're also getting a little too excited over preseason action.

Just a little. :nod:

True it's just preseason but the German dude can ball. Adding defense and rebounding is something Boston is in drastic need of. I can see him becoming a sixth man on the team. I'll hold off on final projections but so far so good my friend.

stephcurry182

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving is a better overall player than Wall just because he is too unstoppable offensively. But for this season, I'm definitely taking the Wizards over the Celtics, and I think both are going to be able to give the Cavs a scare come playoff time.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Irving is a better overall player than Wall just because he is too unstoppable offensively. But for this season, I'm definitely taking the Wizards over the Celtics, and I think both are going to be able to give the Cavs a scare come playoff time.

Kyrie is a better scorer than Wall. Wall is much better at everything else and it isn't close.

If you want a player to lead your franchise, Wall is the clear choice. If you want a complimentary piece to play alongside other good players, Kyrie might be a better fit depending on needs. He is not better than Wall though. No way.

Celtics have much more talent around Kyrie than the wizards do around Wall, so if you are taking the Wizards, it is because they have the best player in the series.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie is a better scorer than Wall. Wall is much better at everything else and it isn't close.

If you want a player to lead your franchise, Wall is the clear choice. If you want a complimentary piece to play alongside other good players, Kyrie might be a better fit depending on needs. He is not better than Wall though. No way.

Celtics have much more talent around Kyrie than the wizards do around Wall, so if you are taking the Wizards, it is because they have the best player in the series.

They might. Questionable at best. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might. Questionable at best. ;)

Don't think it is questionable that they have more talent.

How well that talent can gel and how quickly Brown and Tatum become high quality players will determine how good the Celtics are, but the definitely have more talent.