• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB Pie

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spartaniac

Bleeding green...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm OK with the plethora of signal callers. It really DOES allow for a shorter leash if MD finds it necessary. And, I like the idea that we have a #1 pocket passer (with a backup) and a #1 option guy (with a backup). But, I for one will be rooting Andrew on from the stands on Friday. I'd really like to see him succeed. And, I think it would be best for the program if we can redshirt Terry.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really love to see Maxwell succeed too...if he does, the team does.
We said the same thing all last season...he didn't succeed, and the team tanked.
(insert excuses here)
Good that MD is a loyal guy...good that Maxwell gets another chance...let's hope he can prove he's worth the love.
Have fun at the game.

go green!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things about Tom Izzo that irritates me is his practice of quick substituting for sloppy play...you fuck up? - you're out for a couple of minutes getting harangued on the bench...meanwhile, the team's rhythm suffers.

Dantonio played Maxwell and Cook last night...said later he played the guy making the plays (he didn't have to say he pulled the guy not making the plays). IMO, that was a step in the right direction (despite it's similarity to Izzo's practice)...but he needs to go one non-Dantonio step further. He's never had a QB with raw talent like Terry has...he's so sure that his 'player development protocol' (and the time investment) is necessary, that he's overly-hesitant about giving the kid a solid shot at running a consistent offense.

yall know I'm not a Maxwell guy...s'just something about him that doesn't click with me...nor, evidently, with his teammates (especially his WRs.) I'm sick and tired of the 'give him a chance' blah blah...the kid didn't click last year, and he doesn't this year. Put his talents and learning to other uses - off the field.

Cook, despite a lackluster performance, looked to have a ton more promise (given the confidence from coaching that mistakes won't immediately 'Izzo' you) than Maxwell. Kid's got wheels and is tough. Give him a half...if he can't run the ship, give Terry the reins.

Johnny Spartan

Big Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Cook please

H2S I have to disagree with you on Cook, he looked terrible and IMO is the worst passer of the 4 MSU QB's. He looks to have the throwing ability of a Tebo or a D-Rob. O'Connor is the guy I want to see get in there. Red shirt Terry and get O'Connor in there and have Maxwell be the backup and keep Cook off the field.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2S I have to disagree with you on Cook, he looked terrible and IMO is the worst passer of the 4 MSU QB's. He looks to have the throwing ability of a Tebo or a D-Rob. O'Connor is the guy I want to see get in there. Red shirt Terry and get O'Connor in there and have Maxwell be the backup and keep Cook off the field.

hell Johnny, that works for me...sure would be nice to see what Terry's got though (can't he take a redshirt after 'hurting' himself after getting a half of reps?) btw, you ever done 'Chocolope' before?...delicious...smooth...lasting mellow...fucking yum.

GoGreenGowhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maxwell and Cook did not look too promising last week against a middle of the road mac team. The receivers are also to blame because some of the passes were right on the numbers. Against usf dantonio should allow O'connor and possibly Terry for some snaps. I believe maxwell and cook could be great players but just aren't showing it right now.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I was at the game on Saturday. Defense looked great other than a couple plays, held USF to a field goal after a fumble inside the 20. When the leading scorer is on D, yah got major problems. When receivers continually drop balls that are in their hands they need to be replaced. It may be an over estimate, but it seemed like there was 20 passes that were in their hands that were dropped. Put the freshmen and Arnett in, they can't do any worse can they?

GoGreenGowhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I was at the game on Saturday. Defense looked great other than a couple plays, held USF to a field goal after a fumble inside the 20. When the leading scorer is on D, yah got major problems. When receivers continually drop balls that are in their hands they need to be replaced. It may be an over estimate, but it seemed like there was 20 passes that were in their hands that were dropped. Put the freshmen and Arnett in, they can't do any worse can they?
I was at the game too and I thought everyone at spartan stadium should've got their money back. They could try terry but that would take away his redshirt, but he will most likely play saturday against youngstown state. I agree with you about arnett, he should receive some playing time because no one else can catch the ball for their life.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game too and I thought everyone at spartan stadium should've got their money back. They could try terry but that would take away his redshirt, but he will most likely play saturday against youngstown state. I agree with you about arnett, he should receive some playing time because no one else can catch the ball for their life.

:suds:
it was quite depressing on tv too...
so depressing I pardoned my sofa for the year, no matter how bad things go.

It's not redshirts I'm worried about...it's red flags.
The QB/WR/TE/ETC musical chairs nonsense has to stop.
If Terry's capable now, play him now...
he can take a medical redshirt after the ND game. :whistle:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Sharp: Spartans' QB situation is a mess — how could this happen? | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

The lack of quarterback certainty three games into the season is a damning indictment of Dantonio’s direction. Blame the players all you wish, but at some point it comes down to coaching.
The Spartans’ defense has replaced stalwarts like linebacker Greg Jones, pass rusher Will Gholston and cornerback Johnny Adams with significant upgrades. That’s what consistently good college programs do.
That Michigan State can do that defensively but not offensively suggests that Dantonio should have named a high-profile offensive coordinator from outside his comfort zone who understands the necessity of conforming a scheme to the talent he has — rather than forcing a square peg into a round hole.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry should get a chance....we have an elite defense.....lets not waste it.....they wont be there next year.

Either cook or terry.....we need a QB that can be mobile and run....this pocket passing crap isnt going to work....maxwells a senior....let him have a head set on the rest of the year.....i say, see what terry can do...he cant do any worse.

msuspartan73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looked good for the most part on Sat, they keep playing like that they won't lose a game. I don't mean they have to score 50 points, just good consistent offense and the D will take care of the rest.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook reminds me of drew stanton a lil.

GoGreenGowhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well cook showed some progress even if it was against a FCS Team. I think he will gain more confidence going forward and hopefully turn this season into a rose bowl win.