• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Q for Longhorns about HC tenure.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the University give Strong enough time (5 years?) to have his recruits, build his team, and install his system fully? Or will Texas and the Boosters pull a Browns or Wolverines and get rid of him before he really has the chance to fully show what he can do?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will definitely give him time. Oh sure, you are going to have some who want it all fixed by next year, but unfortunately it doesn't work that way. I know you don't agree, but we have very little talent, and most of the key decision makers on the inside know this.

Let me just point out our qb situation. I posted it before, but let me ask you the question. If Swoops was our best qb, and your supposedly super star is on the bench because he is not ready. My question is, how ready do you have to be to be better than Swoops? If you are the University of Texas and you can't recruit and always have a decent qb, then something was VERY wrong, and that mother f*&%er is gone. I have very little hope for Heard. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a bad feeling. I'm hoping for a JC transfer that can take over until we have another recruit ready.

Also, look at recruiting this year. It's going well, and should get better. Every mother in America wants their son to play for Charlie Strong. Especially the inter city kids moms. Charlie Strong represents that father figure with discipline that so many of those kids don't have and need. The funny thing about that is that those kids want a leader to coach and lead them. They desperately want that. It's very hard to find in college football today. That is a huge advantage. So far it's starting to work. I bet we finish in the top 7 this year in recruiting. That's awesome considering our record over the last few years.

Everyone has to have patience! It will turn around. We have to give the man a chance. If it doesn't work out, then we will address it then.

P.S. For the first time since 08, I donated to the football program. It felt good to do again. I have a feeling that it probably feels good for a lot of people to do it again.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my point:
If you're Charlie Strong and you know you have at least a couple of years of honeymoon, why not start Heard if you know Swoopes hadn't been developing [and we fans knew it]? The best, logical reason is that Heard is woefully under-prepared/developed. That's scary to me.

And I'm not worried about my patience... my question is about the AD/Booster's patience.

Last edited by a moderator:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the deal, I don't mind if Strong has a couple of 8-9 win seasons before turning it around. I just want to see this team be competitive and not get blown out at home. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY IS SCARED OF DKR. Iowa State even slapped us silly and we got lucky.

The only thing that really irritates me is that Strong didn't fire Shawn Watson after the bowl game. Worst OC in the country and its not close.