• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Python, Ruby, and other Languages

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, thanks in large part to other forums that I have been on in the past, I have a pretty good handle on html, and with that, CSS.

So, now I'm working on teaching myself Python, and maybe Ruby after that. I have always enjoyed this type of thing, and although I didn't know about this passion while I was in college, the end goal is to learn them, and maybe make a career change in that world where oddly enough, I already have a few fantastic connections.

So, I didn't see a thread based on computer languages, and wasn't sure if anyone else knew anything about them, so that when I'm stuck, I can throw some ideas off you guys.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't done much with Python. I think a few apps I have use it - several games and a torrent client.

I've seen Ruby on Rails, which is a MVC framework. Never needed the formality of a framework for the work I was doing.

I recommend you don't spend too much time on any one development tool. Good chance it will be obsolete before you'll ever get a chance to use it.

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Python the Hard Way

you're welcome

The first question should be "what do you want to make?" or where do you want to work?