• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purposed Trade

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by Bengals fan on the Hobson Q&A article.

Not a bad trade at all, but I guess that all depends on if you get the healthy player or the constantly injured player.

Bengals 1st Rounder (12)

for

Bills 1st Rounder (21)
OT Cordy Glenn (3 years of control 3/23 million)

Glenn is an above average LT in the league when healthy, but he has only played in 17 games the last two years due to foot/ankle/back injuries. Last year he had foot/ankle surgery.

The Bills will save about 4.5 million this year on the cap if they trade him prior to the 2nd or 3rd day of the start of the new NFL season. They will also save a workout bonus if they get rid of him before then as well.

There have been trade rumors swirling around Glenn last year and especially this year.

He is only 28, under control for 3 years, is a good LT when healthy. The Bengals are not willing to spend huge bucks on FA's, but a trade may be more up their sleeve. This also does not cost them any draft picks, but would push them down to the 20's, where they seem more comfortable drafting anyways.

Grab Cordy Glenn for LT

Draft C Billy Price at #21 (I think he will be a good C in this league, even Pro-Bowl caliber)
Then may have to trade up a bit, but go after DT Tim Settle from VT in Round 2.

OL somewhat refixed. DT interior added to with a big dude with good agility.

So both lines get a fix, the way to build a team, from the inside out.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it makes sense, then the bengals wouldn't do it.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 games in 2 years ain't good, but draft is a crap shoot, like last years boxcars

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll look good sitting hobbling next to Eifert on the rehab field.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Is the risk worth the possible reward at that price tag?

I really hope they can find a LT in the first round. I'd like it if they were active in FA and looked to sign a few guards - Though I suppose that would be ironic given that we don't even pay our own guards. Why pay someone else's guards?

Hobs has been floating the idea of a trade. Maybe he knows something. We certainly have enough picks to make an acquisition.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope they can find a LT in the first round. I'd like it if they were active in FA and looked to sign a few guards - Though I suppose that would be ironic given that we don't even pay our own guards. Why pay someone else's guards?

Hobs has been floating the idea of a trade. Maybe he knows something. We certainly have enough picks to make an acquisition.

We don't pay our own guards if they want to be paid like a tackle. That is what Zeitler was. Richest guard in the NFL. Did the same thing with Steinbach back in the day. That does not mesh with the Bengal way. Makes me think Atkins will be gone. Atkins should be the top paid DT in football, if not at least top 3. That doesn't bode well for a resign.

I think we resign Dunlap, lose out on Atkins. Sign Eifert to a 1 year, incentive laden contract based on games played.

No matter what, we need a LT, unless Boiling is willing to move outside permanently, and we move a new LG in.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nailed it.

Interesting.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Crash, you got this week’s Lotto numbers while you’re at it?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't come up with it. Some guy on Hobson's mailbox article came up with it. I would love to take credit for it, but I honestly didn't think of it. I thought it was a good idea though when I read it which is why I posted it here.