• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purdue's chances of winning the BIG TEN

peyton0813

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Purdue possibly win the Big Ten this year? They've beaten Wisconsin and Maryland who are currently both above Purdue. But Purdue has lost to teams like Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota. The Iowa and Nebraska losses hurt them the most. I still think it's possible, easier schedule coming up. I think that our home games against Rutgers, Michigan State, and Indiana will all be wins. But the games I'm most worried about our the games on the road against Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn State. Indiana is a different team at home, Northwestern can play well, and Penn State can be a team that can really surprise you at times.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put it at about a 5% chance, Wisconsin would need to lose twice, which doesn't seem likely as they'll be favored in all their remaining games.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Purdue possibly win the Big Ten this year? They've beaten Wisconsin and Maryland who are currently both above Purdue. But Purdue has lost to teams like Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota. The Iowa and Nebraska losses hurt them the most. I still think it's possible, easier schedule coming up. I think that our home games against Rutgers, Michigan State, and Indiana will all be wins. But the games I'm most worried about our the games on the road against Indiana, Northwestern, and Penn State. Indiana is a different team at home, Northwestern can play well, and Penn State can be a team that can really surprise you at times.

It's possible as the Badgers schedule will become more difficult. They still have to play Northwestern, Minnesota, Maryland, at MSU, at and at Michigan. All those teams could potentially make the NCAA tournament except maybe Michigan. Also, they play at Nebraska who has the capability to beat anyone in the BIG but aren't consistent at all. Wisconsin's defense and post scoring has carried them despite being the worst jump shot team in the league for the last several weeks. There is a strong chance if them losing to a high scoring offense eventually if they do not break out of this slump. Right now Minnesota is the only team that Wisconsin has left that actually averages more ppg than them and it's only one point but thankfully that's a home game.

Purdue has beaten the best in the league but has lost to some of the bad teams in the BIG. They must win out and hope for the Badgers to lose two games. Wisconsin is the most experienced team in the league and very well coached. Right now the entire team feels as though they have been under performing drastically despite winning games. That's a good mentality to have but doesn't mean they can't be beaten.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue might not win the Big Ten, but they are the tournament team with the most potential. Their A game can beat any team in the country if they are hitting 3s and not turning it over. That said, they could easily lose to a 13 seed.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue might not win the Big Ten, but they are the tournament team with the most potential. Their A game can beat any team in the country if they are hitting 3s and not turning it over. That said, they could easily lose to a 13 seed.

They've also shown they don't have the defense to even beat poor teams sometimes too. I wouldn't trust them on a consistent basis. Defense is more consistent than offense.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Badgers defense plus clutch play in the end get another embarrassing win today. We won't get any love in the polls or seeding if we continue to just barely beat the bottom feeders. Today was dreadful since Happ was doubled and really didn't know what to do with the rock so he just had a bunch of TO's and bad shot's over a double team. Hayes dominated in the second half with 18 points but missed two crunch time FT's.

Honestly, it might be better that we lose because we seem to be settling for just barely beating inferior teams while not fixing the shooting issues. Also, Brown, Bronson and even Nigel are all injured and need at least a week off to heal. If they keep playing them they might make their injuries worse. We must rest them now if we hope to have any chance in the tournament.