• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pulling the plug on Andino/Ryan

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the plug get pulled on either of these guys?

If so who gets brought up to replace? My thought is that it would be Triunfel if the call up happens sooner rather than later. Because I think they would want to wait to bring Franklin up until mid season. I think Franklin is a better player than Triunfel but I don't see the harm in seeing if he has what it takes.

Ryan is great defensively but his offense is so terrible that I don't think his defense is making him worth it. Andino isn't hitting either. I suspect that they would still want to give Andino a few more AB's to see if he can get going.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the plug get pulled on either of these guys?

If so who gets brought up to replace? My thought is that it would be Triunfel if the call up happens sooner rather than later. Because I think they would want to wait to bring Franklin up until mid season. I think Franklin is a better player than Triunfel but I don't see the harm in seeing if he has what it takes.

Ryan is great defensively but his offense is so terrible that I don't think his defense is making him worth it. Andino isn't hitting either. I suspect that they would still want to give Andino a few more AB's to see if he can get going.

Franklin won't come up before they can avoid Super 2 with him. Not sure they are as concerned about Super 2 with Truinfel. But it may suck for Truinfel if he is called up to take over at SS, and then Franklin is called up six weeks later and Truinfel is either benched or sent back down.

So I'm guessing they will wait until the Super 2 deadline and then call up Franklin. But that will only happen if they think the team has a shot at contending. If they have no shot, then I doubt if Franklin is rushed.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin won't come up before they can avoid Super 2 with him. Not sure they are as concerned about Super 2 with Truinfel. But it may suck for Truinfel if he is called up to take over at SS, and then Franklin is called up six weeks later and Truinfel is either benched or sent back down.

So I'm guessing they will wait until the Super 2 deadline and then call up Franklin. But that will only happen if they think the team has a shot at contending. If they have no shot, then I doubt if Franklin is rushed.

Does super 2 apply to Triunfel? I don't know if it matters or not but I thought he got playing time last season during the expanded roster.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely scenario is probably DFAing Andino and bringing up Trunifel. I honestly was not ever a fan of Andino signing in the 1st place because I never really saw what he brought over Trunifel.

This regime has proven they dont mind letting people who arent hitting rott on the roster (figgins). Sure Ryan is great defensively but a guy who is hitting .140 doesnt belong on a big league roster. Period!! and he was bad last year too so its not like hes in a slump or something.

I am curious what the game plan with Franklin is since they have been playing him mostly at 2nd. He gained all that weight in the off season and it seems to have helped him at the plate but can he be a big league SS. It remains to be seen what they do at SS because if Franklin is playing 2nd maybe Ackley doesnt have much of a future there?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely scenario is probably DFAing Andino and bringing up Trunifel. I honestly was not ever a fan of Andino signing in the 1st place because I never really saw what he brought over Trunifel.

This regime has proven they dont mind letting people who arent hitting rott on the roster (figgins). Sure Ryan is great defensively but a guy who is hitting .140 doesnt belong on a big league roster. Period!! and he was bad last year too so its not like hes in a slump or something.

I am curious what the game plan with Franklin is since they have been playing him mostly at 2nd. He gained all that weight in the off season and it seems to have helped him at the plate but can he be a big league SS. It remains to be seen what they do at SS because if Franklin is playing 2nd maybe Ackley doesnt have much of a future there?

Actually I think Franklin has gotten nearly they same amount of playing time at short stop as he has at 2nd base this season would have to check on that though. I do think that Franklin looks good at the plate this year and don't see a reason why he wouldn't be able to hit at the major league level. Defensively I think both of these guys still have some improving to do at SS.

The Mariners cannot continue to keep running Ryan and Andino out there if their offensive numbers don't start to get better. I think Ryan has a spot on the team cause of his defense. But Andino is pretty pointless.

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan is 4-57 versus right-handed pitching. That's a .071 BA. Andino is 4-38 versus right handers. That's a .105 BA.

I think it is time to bring up Truinfel. This is fucking ridiculous.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea seriously screw super 2 status. The point is to put the best product on the field. Ackley needs a day off once in while, so if you have lineup with these two hitting back to back in the lineup there is no point.

I dont care if Ryan doesnt make an error for the next 5 years you cannot hold a job in the majors hitting .120 thats a joke!

0 extra base hits out of the SS position this year