• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pull the goalie

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pull the goalie with 4:36 to go. What are they hoping for, to spoil the shutout of the greatest goalie to play the game, bush.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but this is a team we have to beat! I don't get it we beat the redwings! and then get shutout by the devils!

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what was is that bush? you play to win the game, there's still 4:36 too go, you don't just concede the loss, you go for it. The Lightning were the better team last night, it wasn't a 3-0 game for sure but I have no problem with Cooper going for it, you play to win the game regardless of the odds and circumstances. I'd rather Cooper go for it than just lay back and watch the team go through the emotions of suffering a lose.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn"t even score one never mind three !. I still think it was to spoil the shutout Danny and to me that"s BUSH.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Devils hardly tried to score an empty net goal, they were just trying to preserve the shutout. Nobody wanted the Lightning to win more than me, But down 3-0 pulling the goalie is futile.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They couldn"t even score one never mind three !. I still think it was to spoil the shutout Danny and to me that"s BUSH.

It don't matter if we were 3 goals behind in a regular season game or 3 goals behind in a game in the Stanley cup final, you play to win. This is sports, any sports game can change in an instant. I've seen a couple of games recently where 2 goals were scored in so many seconds nevermind minutes. Marty was superb and it was unlikely we were going to net 3 goals but you try and that's what I like the most about Coop, show these young guys it's not over till it's over. That is the way to play the game doesn't matter if they opposing goalie on the verge of a shutout or it's a 5-2 game. You continue to play until the full 60 is done.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope for a better result tonight against Detroit.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what the Bolts were doing, don't think there was anything wrong with that - they hadn't been generating any offense the entire game and you look to do whatever it takes to try and get one - you never know, if you get one, you might be able to get another and then it's up for grabs

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It don't matter if we were 3 goals behind in a regular season game or 3 goals behind in a game in the Stanley cup final, you play to win. This is sports, any sports game can change in an instant. I've seen a couple of games recently where 2 goals were scored in so many seconds nevermind minutes. Marty was superb and it was unlikely we were going to net 3 goals but you try and that's what I like the most about Coop, show these young guys it's not over till it's over. That is the way to play the game doesn't matter if they opposing goalie on the verge of a shutout or it's a 5-2 game. You continue to play until the full 60 is done.
I see your point Danny, but with ONE minute to go and no chance to score three goals he should have put the goalie back in and taken the loss.
We are very fortunate to have seen two of the greatest goalies of all time ( Broduer & Roy ) so to try to diminish the acomplishment of Broduer for no other reason than to spoil the shutout to my mind is bush.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does seem a bit early to pull the goalie.