• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU vs E. Michigan preview & predictions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Michigan had a good running game against Howard by using 2 players RB Hill 101yds, 2TD's and RB Jackson 64yds, 1TD. They spread the ball to 7 receivers for 2TDs and totaling 210yds threw the air.

I feel PSU's Defensive Line will put a lot of pressure on their QB Beinz that will create some fumbles and cause some int's (predicting 2ints). I also believe are d-line will easily contain their rb's. I worry about any team who can throw the ball because I have doubts still about our secondary. PSU did a okay job last week but gave up some big plays which can easily hurt us when it comes to better opponents.

My prediction for the game PSU 34 EMU 6.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastern Michigan had a good running game against Howard by using 2 players RB Hill 101yds, 2TD's and RB Jackson 64yds, 1TD. They spread the ball to 7 receivers for 2TDs and totaling 210yds threw the air.

I feel PSU's Defensive Line will put a lot of pressure on their QB Beinz that will create some fumbles and cause some int's (predicting 2ints). I also believe are d-line will easily contain their rb's. I worry about any team who can throw the ball because I have doubts still about our secondary. PSU did a okay job last week but gave up some big plays which can easily hurt us when it comes to better opponents.

My prediction for the game PSU 34 EMU 6.

PSU will kill them. EMU sucks, they can open it up for Hack and turn him loose a little in this one. I think our secondary is the best its been in years, but having to bump Beng to LB covering for Hull hurts nickel a bit. Williams was great at corner, Lucas was fine and Amos/Willis are both very solid. Their line won't hold up against or DL either.

45-6, this one is over at halftime

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see Ferg playing in the 4th qtr?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you see Ferg playing in the 4th qtr?

Maybe a few garbage handoffs, but BOB made it clear last year he doesn't like pulling his QB even in routs. Just look at the Pats, they always kept foot on gas with Brady even when blowing teams out

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that idea. Just ask Rex Ryan how it worked for him playing Sanchez in a meanless qtr. You want your backup in to gain experience and so your starter doesn't risk getting hurt behind the 2nd string line.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate that idea. Just ask Rex Ryan how it worked for him playing Sanchez in a meanless qtr. You want your backup in to gain experience and so your starter doesn't risk getting hurt behind the 2nd string line.

2nd string line won't be in. BOB follows Bellechik lead of playing starters even with big lead. He's not going to leave Hack in if they are up by 50 and subbing everywhere else, but if its 20-25 I don't think he subs anyone out.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your up 24 in 4th I say but in the 2nd string offense and defense.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrows game day food will be spicy chili in the crockpot for 8 hours, cold beer, fritos, and more beer.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrows game day food will be spicy chili in the crockpot for 8 hours, cold beer, fritos, and more beer.

Sounds good. No beer here. I have a baseball game soon after, so I can't be drinking all day. Think I'm just ordering a pizza for kickoff.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a tough game against Syracuse, Penn State gets the day off. Eastern Michigan does not have the horse power to stay with a much bigger and more talented Penn State team. I expect the Lions to run over them the 1st quarter and open up some passing for the rest of the game. Hackenberg played a good game against Syracuse and looks to me he will improve into a great college quarterback. Still have to play the game so I'm sure Coach Obrien will have the boys fired up. Today we find out if Michigan is all that and Jonvi, myself and a bunch of Bellefonte folks will see you October 12th for "homecoming". Looking forward to it.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a tough game against Syracuse, Penn State gets the day off. Eastern Michigan does not have the horse power to stay with a much bigger and more talented Penn State team. I expect the Lions to run over them the 1st quarter and open up some passing for the rest of the game. Hackenberg played a good game against Syracuse and looks to me he will improve into a great college quarterback. Still have to play the game so I'm sure Coach Obrien will have the boys fired up. Today we find out if Michigan is all that and Jonvi, myself and a bunch of Bellefonte folks will see you October 12th for "homecoming". Looking forward to it.

We'll have to get together for a beer that day!!!

I agree, this is a glorified scrimmage. If its not, I will be worried. Hack will be turned loose today. I think they come out slinging it then open the run up. ARob, James and Geno have big games before the Ginger hammer, Belton and Lynch run teh clock out.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a little longer for them to get rolling than I thought it would, but I couldn't have scripted it better for my prediction....only 1 point off :suds:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You nailed that prediction except for your statement "it will be over by halftime". It got started after halftime.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to get together for a beer that day!!!

I agree, this is a glorified scrimmage. If its not, I will be worried. Hack will be turned loose today. I think they come out slinging it then open the run up. ARob, James and Geno have big games before the Ginger hammer, Belton and Lynch run teh clock out.

Penn State looked good against an over matched team. That said, I thought Hackenberg looked very good. He has the potential and needs to be a little quicker moving around in the pocket to set up his throwing lanes. IMO, to win in college, the quarterback has to be mobile. The Michigan game will be big and Penn State has to be ready to play. I think Michigan can be had. Looking forward to being at that game. Jonvi is bringing his Syracuse tent, so I suspect we will stick out in that sea of blue and white. Don't know what our Tailgate section is yet, but will let you know...Please come by and join us.