• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU Season Predictions

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post your predictions below. Either copy and paste or quote thread.

Sep 3 vs Kent St. =
Sep 10 at Pittsburgh =
Sept 17 vs Temple =
Sept 24 at Michigan =
Oct 1 vs Minnesota =
Oct 8 vs Maryland =
Oct 15 BYE
Oct 22 vs OSU =
Oct 29 at Purdue =
Nov 5 vs Iowa =
Nov 12 at Indiana =
Nov 19 at Rutgers =
Nov 26 vs Mich St =

Season record =

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sep 3 vs Kent St. = Win
Sep 10 at Pittsburgh = Loss (just think young team with new offense will struggle early)
Sept 17 vs Temple = Win get our revenge from last year because Owl's will be with 3 new OL
Sept 24 at Michigan = Loss and it might get ugly
Oct 1 vs Minnesota = Loss. Golphers return a lot of good players and we might be banged up from UM still.
Oct 8 vs Maryland = Win and hope we run up the score
Oct 15 BYE
Oct 22 vs OSU = Loss
Oct 29 at Purdue = Win
Nov 5 vs Iowa = Loss
Nov 12 at Indiana = Loss but it will be close
Nov 19 at Rutgers = Win
Nov 26 vs Mich St = Loss

Season record = 5-7

FYI Predictions
Bob Flounders 5-7
David Jones 6-6
Greg Pickel 7-5

Doesn't look good for us this year but I see this year as the building year of the new offense with new quarterback plus we need to find who will be our d-line. 2017 looks to be very promising in wins and recruiting.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sep 3 vs Kent St. = Win
Sep 10 at Pittsburgh = Loss (just think young team with new offense will struggle early)
Sept 17 vs Temple = Win get our revenge from last year because Owl's will be with 3 new OL
Sept 24 at Michigan = Loss and it might get ugly
Oct 1 vs Minnesota = Loss. Golphers return a lot of good players and we might be banged up from UM still.
Oct 8 vs Maryland = Win and hope we run up the score
Oct 15 BYE
Oct 22 vs OSU = Loss
Oct 29 at Purdue = Win
Nov 5 vs Iowa = Loss
Nov 12 at Indiana = Loss but it will be close
Nov 19 at Rutgers = Win
Nov 26 vs Mich St = Loss

Season record = 5-7

FYI Predictions
Bob Flounders 5-7
David Jones 6-6
Greg Pickel 7-5

Doesn't look good for us this year but I see this year as the building year of the new offense with new quarterback plus we need to find who will be our d-line. 2017 looks to be very promising in wins and recruiting.

LOL, its way, way too early to predict ext season, but I have 8-4, Pitt lost Boyd and the TE who were their entire offense and still have nothing on D. It will be a home away from homegame for PSU as well, Indiana is going to regress, no worries there, Minny should be a win as well, especially at home

The new offense will be able to cover a lot of the deficiencies on OL, plus we will have guys like Bates and Gonzales stepping into PT, Nelson healthy for first time since he walked on campus, Palmer got a lot better towards end of season and has made tremendous strength gains in year he's been here. We have weapons everywhere on offense and finally have a guy who knows how to use them. Still won't be a great team, but we will make strides. Jones hates PSU and is an OSU fan, Flounders is his butt buddy and they live to stir shit with PSU fanbase. He will never put his money where his mouth is, trust me, I have called him on his BS loudmouth predictions in press box and he backpedals in hurry when $$$ on line

Anyhow, I'd go 8 now and adjust accordingly after I see what new O looks like at BW game and who our starting OL is come fall.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, its way, way too early to predict ext season, but I have 8-4, Pitt lost Boyd and the TE who were their entire offense and still have nothing on D. It will be a home away from homegame for PSU as well, Indiana is going to regress, no worries there, Minny should be a win as well, especially at home

The new offense will be able to cover a lot of the deficiencies on OL, plus we will have guys like Bates and Gonzales stepping into PT, Nelson healthy for first time since he walked on campus, Palmer got a lot better towards end of season and has made tremendous strength gains in year he's been here. We have weapons everywhere on offense and finally have a guy who knows how to use them. Still won't be a great team, but we will make strides. Jones hates PSU and is an OSU fan, Flounders is his butt buddy and they live to stir shit with PSU fanbase. He will never put his money where his mouth is, trust me, I have called him on his BS loudmouth predictions in press box and he backpedals in hurry when $$$ on line

Anyhow, I'd go 8 now and adjust accordingly after I see what new O looks like at BW game and who our starting OL is come fall.

Every year you are so positive but you have your homer glasses on. Hey I like that about you but you get let down a lot with that attitude.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year you are so positive but you have your homer glasses on. Hey I like that about you but you get let down a lot with that attitude.

Gun to head, I'd go with 8, I'd certainly take any bet you want to make that we win more than 5. That said, there are too many unknown to make a serious prediction. If we have an OL of Paris, Bates, Gaia, Gonzo and a healthy Nelson we will be much improved. They almost pulled BAtes and Gonzo RS last year but kept them on for greater good of future seasons. Look at our RB and WR now as well. When Saquon was out last year, we were dead. We now have Sanders and Robinson, both very highly rated, explosive guys in the mix. At WR, we have Godwin and everyone else back and add Johnson and Charles, both of whom will get a lot of run. Athletes everywhere, an up tempo offense that will pressure defenses (first practice on first day of implimentation they were running plays from end to snap in 14 seconds). A mobile QB will open up a lot as well, just look at Trace in teh bowl game, can't pin ears back and rush to a spot where a statue will be. Trace can break off runs on broken plays

On D, secondary is much better and deeper, LBs we have 4 -5 man very solid rotation, DL will be young, but have a ton of talent there as well. Chavis was huge get late.

Point is, let things play out a bit and make realistic prediction. I will tell you Pitt and Indiana don't worry me and Minny should be a W as well. If team takes quickly to the O we could be very good by year's end and rolling into 17, which is the year we should be back at full throttle.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and just for reference on Jones, I literally called him out in the Michigan press box after the game in 2007. He was shouting some nonsense like the asshole blowhard he is about how we would be lucky to go .500. Me and the reporter I was with immediately told him to put some money behind his loudmouth or STFU and he chose the latter. He likes to hear himself talk and has a genuine dislike for PSU. Flounders follows his lead. They are desperate for clicks. So, you'll have to excuse me if I don't take that jerkoff seriously

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not willing to make a prediction at this point beyond fewer than 9 wins. I have a six pack on that with a guy at work who somehow thinks we'll be 9-3 or better.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not willing to make a prediction at this point beyond fewer than 9 wins. I have a six pack on that with a guy at work who somehow thinks we'll be 9-3 or better.

I think 8 is the number. 9 we'd need to have the offense really clicking right away and rolling by teh time we hit B1G play and need a couple breaks.

All that aside, its still way too early for any serious prediction