• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU - Northwestern Game impressions

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go Nittany Lions!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not making the most of our opportunities here - Carter drops TD pass. At least we get the FG. 3-0 PSU.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There we go, Zwinak - nice running in the end zone. 10-0 PSU in the 2nd.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice long drive, 17-14 PSU in the 3rd.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win, guys! 39-28. Mucho heart and determination in that comeback.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap2:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win, guys! 39-28. Mucho heart and determination in thCongratsat comeback.

Congrats! May as well make the most out of it and play spoiler like us. Hopefully we do this to Nebraska tonight.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me they showed O'Brien on TV coming across the field when Morris got injured and going after the ref. Probably on a commercial break when it happened, but he went berserk after that BS interference call before the end of the first half. Crowd was chanting Bill-O-Brien after it. They had to restrain him. I wanted to hear his interview at the half after that.

There was also some jackoff, fat piece of shit coach for Northwestern turning towards the crowd and taunting them to be louder right after it. The entire team joined him. Well, in the 4th quarter everyone on my side of the stadium was screaming for him and the bench and repeating the motions he was making earlier. He dreaded even getting in ear shot of teh crowd or turning around.....thousands of people mocking him for making an ass of himself.

I will say that is as loud as I have heard that stadium in a long time. It was electric, hope they had a lot of recruits in today.

Great win, HUGE for that team to come back and play well in all phases. Northwestern had 1 drive. They scored on a muffed punt, a horse shit interference call on 3rd down and a punt return where they held a guy who would have easily made the tackle after a gain of less than 5 yards.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats! May as well make the most out of it and play spoiler like us. Hopefully we do this to Nebraska tonight.

I hope that game in a few weeks is for the division title and the 3rd place team has to play for he championship.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win. Our defense looked good for the most part. Our running game took a bit to get established but once it did it was great. McGloin.... regressed. Special teams still need lots of work even beyond Ficken.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me they showed O'Brien on TV coming across the field when Morris got injured and going after the ref. Probably on a commercial break when it happened, but he went berserk after that BS interference call before the end of the first half. Crowd was chanting Bill-O-Brien after it. They had to restrain him. I wanted to hear his interview at the half after that.

Definitely didn't see that on TV..but I'm glad to know I wasn't the only person completely beside myself about that call

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mission accomplished there.

Yeah, they showed BOB on the sideline, and he was livid and animated. What happened with Belton?

Great win. Our defense looked good for the most part. Our running game took a bit to get established but once it did it was great. McGloin.... regressed. Special teams still need lots of work even beyond Ficken.

MM made some bad throws, but led a nice rally that he wouldn't have had in him last year. Agree about special teams - that's where the attrition hurt the most.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both teams might beat Nebraska?

A lot of teams will beat Nebraska with the way the "blackshirts" are playing on defense. Thought they'd be much better on that side of the ball. They're going to give Pelini a coronary.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they showed BOB on the sideline, and he was livid and animated. What happened with Belton?

MM made some bad throws, but led a nice rally that he wouldn't have had in him last year. Agree about special teams - that's where the attrition hurt the most.

I did watch a replay of the game. They didn't show BOB at his best on that rant. He was literally at the opposing side hash mark going off on the ref who made the horrible PI call like an ump in a baseball game. There were several people holding him back and he kept shoving them off and going right at the guy. The whole stadium was in a BIll-O-Brien chant and was completely rocking for the remainder after that. The Northwestern coaches and players then started taunting the crowd and Fitzgerald was making faces and mocking BOB. Was the hardest I've seen a coach go after an official since Bill Cowher jammed a photo into the pocket of a ref at the half once because they missed a 12th man on the field penalty....they faxed the picture down, he made a B-line for the guy, screamed about an inch from his face and stuffed the picture in his pocket screaming something about learning how to f-ing count.

McGloin bounced back from some bad throws and a few drops to play a GREAT 4th quarter. BOB has made a huge difference in his play and Hackenberg has to be licking his chops to play in that offense for BOB. Special teams was hurt by Fera, but the PR should have been call3ed back. The first block was a big hold on Hull.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened with Belton?

Zack Zwiniak happened to Belton. He is running like a bull in a china shop. Belton will still play, but they'll go with the hot hand every game and Zwiniak has been on fire. NW wanted no part of tackling him late.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zack Zwiniak happened to Belton. He is running like a bull in a china shop. Belton will still play, but they'll go with the hot hand every game and Zwiniak has been on fire. NW wanted no part of tackling him late.

Yeah, I love the power game (Zordich's play has been excellent, too), but I would like to see Belton get some snaps to see if he can break one.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I love the power game (Zordich's play has been excellent, too), but I would like to see Belton get some snaps to see if he can break one.

If he puts away his dancing shoes he might. He needs to be more decisive. I still don't think he's 100% either. High ankle sprains are a real bitch to heal from.