• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proposed Trade w/Bucs

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys think of this deal?

Orioles receive: 3B Pedro Alvarez

Pirates receive: SS JJ Hardy, Ryan Flaherty & PTBNL

1. Hardy will allow the Pirates to play him at 3B or SS if Barmes leaves. Flaherty is a nice backup to Walker. Player to be named later.
  2. Alvarez at 26 gives us a nice long term option at 3B and allows Manny to move over to SS.
  3. We still need to improve at 2B but I believe we can sign Roberts for 1 year until Schoop is ready.
  4. Davis, Roberts, Machado & Alvarez round out our IF this year.
Go O's!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you guys think of this deal?

Orioles receive: 3B Pedro Alvarez

Pirates receive: SS JJ Hardy, Ryan Flaherty & PTBNL

1. Hardy will allow the Pirates to play him at 3B or SS if Barmes leaves. Flaherty is a nice backup to Walker. Player to be named later.
  2. Alvarez at 26 gives us a nice long term option at 3B and allows Manny to move over to SS.
  3. We still need to improve at 2B but I believe we can sign Roberts for 1 year until Schoop is ready.
  4. Davis, Roberts, Machado & Alvarez round out our IF this year.
Go O's!

No thanks. JJ and Machado on the left side of the infield is the best in the business. No need messing that up. Plus, JJ is a fan favorite. Flaherty's defense is solid as well.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. JJ and Machado on the left side of the infield is the best in the business. No need messing that up. Plus, JJ is a fan favorite. Flaherty's defense is solid as well.

I'm in agreement with your logic however, moving forward (2-3 years down the road) what is best for our team? An aged Hardy or still 29 year old Alvarez with power at OPACY? Look, Manny's eventual move to SS is imminent anyways and a stop gap at 3B is not a solution. We are in no position to "win now" so why not "build now" for the future. I just think Alvarez could be had for the right pieces. Moving JJ now while value is high as well as Flaherty who is and likely will never be viewed as a starter benefits us.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs resigned Barmes today

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old O's offseason...where the only big moves...come from the fans imagination.

I am a fan...I wont claim to boycott the O's games or merchandise as if it makes a difference...I will root on my team no matter what...but man this sucks. Every year we enter the offseason with needs...and every year we grab scraps off the trash heap and listen to the front office spin it as if it fills said needs.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old O's offseason...where the only big moves...come from the fans imagination.

I am a fan...I wont claim to boycott the O's games or merchandise as if it makes a difference...I will root on my team no matter what...but man this sucks. Every year we enter the offseason with needs...and every year we grab scraps off the trash heap and listen to the front office spin it as if it fills said needs.

I'm with you OB. Nothing will change as long as Sir Peter is the owner. We can't compete with Boston & Yanks with how they buy Championships. Look at the players acquired this off season by both teams. It's absurd!

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard not to escape that feeling, isn't it? And we have to know that, on some level, the few players that we cherish that came up from the farm, are probably feeling that as well.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you guys got Pedro "Taco" Alvarez. :clap:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00