• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof that the NBA and Silver are nothing but fucktards

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: N.O. replaces Charlotte as NBA ASG site

The All Star game is being moved from Charlotte to New Orleans due to the current controversy over North Carolina's HB2 law. Well guess what, Louisiana and 20 other states, are currently suing the federal government over the exact same thing that NC is.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The All Star game is being moved from Charlotte to New Orleans due to the current controversy over North Carolina's HB2 law. Well guess what, Louisiana and 20 other states, are currently suing the federal government over the exact same thing that NC is.

Is this making you lose sleep?

oh-my-god-who-the-hell-cares.jpg

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for New Orleans but the game should have stayed in Charlotte. No need for a NBA team or its fan to be punished because of a backward law the state has.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for New Orleans but the game should have stayed in Charlotte. No need for a NBA team or its fan to be punished because of a backward law the state has.

It is all about the money though. This isn't the NBA making some kind of political statement. Many advertisers were pulling out of Charlotte. If they are cool with NO, then it works for the league.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is all about the money though. This isn't the NBA making some kind of political statement. Many advertisers were pulling out of Charlotte. If they are cool with NO, then it works for the league.

I really don't understand why this fact is so hard to grasp.

The NBA is a business.

The Sponsors stated they would pull out if the game remained.

No brainer.

Obviously, the sponsors have no issue with NOLA. I'm sure they ran it by them before they committed publicly.

It's not like that City/State can't use the financial boon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't understand why this fact is so hard to grasp.

The NBA is a business.

The Sponsors stated they would pull out if the game remained.

No brainer.

Obviously, the sponsors have no issue with NOLA. I'm sure they ran it by them before they committed publicly.

It's not like that City/State can't use the financial boon.
how many times does your house have to flood before you decide it might not be a good idea to build a house below sea level in a swamp right on the ocean? ya know?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how many times does your house have to flood before you decide it might not be a good idea to build a house below sea level in a swamp right on the ocean? ya know?

I wonder the same about the folks whose homes burn down every Summer in California.

No offense to NOLA.

But, that area is a cesspool.

It reminds me of resort towns like Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

Beautiful in the tourist areas. However, 1/2 a block in the wrong direction?

*see City of God Movie in Rio.

Maybe they should stop rebuilding it?

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well actually Louisiana's governor just signed a law that bans LGBT discrimination. NC did the opposite. While the press latched on to the bathroom policy part of the law they passed (banning any city/county from enacting anti-LGBT discrimination laws, their law removed the ability to go to court on discrimination in the workplace.

So the reason NO is seen as a better alternative is their recent laws they passed are exactly the opposite.

I'm fine with it. Take a stand if you want, doesn't affect the NBA either way on this one so easy choice to make and puts light on something they disagree with.