1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projecting line-up for basketball

Discussion in 'Minnesota Golden Gophers' started by ericd7633, Oct 2, 2016.

1. ericd7633

ericd7633 Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

PG: Nate Mason/Stephon Sharp
    SG: Akeem Springs/Dupree McBrayer/Ahmad Gilbert
    SF: Davonte Fitzgerald/Amir Coffey
    PF: Jordan Murphy/Michael Hurt
    C: Reggie Lynch/Eric Curry

I'm hoping we see very little of Konate this year. He's a big body, but unless he's improved his low post game, we're playing 4 against 5 offensively. I really like the depth at SF and PF this year. I think it's a huge upgrade over Morris, King and Buggs. I think Pitino has a lot of options and flexibility depending on how he wants to play this season. Personally wouldn't mind a Fitz/Coffey/Murphy front court even though it's going to be undersized.

I don't have any expectation going into this year, other than we won't finish last in the conference(thank you Rutgers) If we tripled our conference wins, I'd call it a success.

2. PnkPanther

PnkPanther Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 300

Hurt is a sf and won't see many minutes at 4. Fitzgerald should and curry is more of a 4 than a 5

Lineup is a lot deeper than last year. Shouldn't be laughing stock

3. PnkPanther

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 300

Mcbrayer will get backup minutes at pgs...

4. ericd7633

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I agree, was just trying to find minutes for Hurt. The problem is we're going to be undersized, unless god forbid Konate or Diedhiou see the floor, so because of that, I wouldn't mind Curry as a back up at the 5. I'm hoping some of the transfers can be leaders, because depending on young players to do that doesn't bode well. And I don't really trust Mason with that responsibility either.

But you are right, we seem to have a lot more options this year, and should, be deeper because of it. If we can get to 6-8 conference wins, I'd sign up for that now, with everybody coming back the following year, minus Springs.

5. PnkPanther

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 300

Fitzgerald out for season with ACL injury

Ugggg

6. ericd7633

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Sucks to lose an important piece. Looks like Coffey will have to take on an expanded roll now, which could end up being a good thing though.