• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Week 1: Colts vs Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
going to catch the first half on NFL networks replay in about a little less than 40 minutes.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Battle has a sprain that was described as mild, but looks like Jones has a potential ankle sprain or worse high ankle sprain and they're talking as if he could be out for a month or more at this point.

Thanks for the update.

Could be worse news but still not great considering our OT play. I really wanted someone to take over RT from Ifedia this year as I think he is much better suited to play OG.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on the 1s and mixed 1s.

The OL looked great. Russell and Davis were largely untouched in the pocket. Couple of broken blocks on running plays but that will happen sometimes. But promising for their first time together under Solari.

Dissly looked promising. Big dude who can catch.

Offense was efficient and a great pick up on 3rd and 18 to get the conversion on 4th down.

DL looked pretty good especially considering how many guys weren't playing. Flowers was picked on outside quite a bit and that could be a problem.

Overall pretty happy with the team's performance.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad Dissly looked good. I never thought that putting so much cap into Graham was a good idea. If we get even 75% of the output from all of our current TEs it will still be costing us a very small percentage of the cap by comparison and we can us that money elsewhere.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update.

Could be worse news but still not great considering our OT play. I really wanted someone to take over RT from Ifedia this year as I think he is much better suited to play OG.

It could be much worse though. The 9ers were hit very hard by key injuries, including a couple of former Seahawks:

"the Niners watched as three projected starters and two key backups departed with various ailments. Linebacker Malcolm Smith (hamstring), tight end George Kittle (shoulder), defensive lineman Solomon Thomas (head), running back Matt Breida (shoulder) and tackle Gary Gilliam (head) left because of injuries and did not return. The extent of those injuries remains to be seen, but it's still alarming to see so many of them this early, especially given how many health issues the 49ers dealt with last season."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...9ers got rocked with the injuries.

So disgusted to see Pettis wearing those colors, but wish him all the success in the world as long as hes not playing the Hawks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the recording of the game on NFLN got all messed up. I heard Dickson had a great night as a punter but I didn't see any of them. Was he that good?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the recording of the game on NFLN got all messed up. I heard Dickson had a great night as a punter but I didn't see any of them. Was he that good?

He did. Opponent was having a hard time tracking/catching the ball. Also did a great ball placing his kicks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Strong leg, unique skill set but really i don't know if it was because of his punts that they were having problems catching them or "preseason" issues. If we continue to see bobbled catches on punts this Preseason then i say it's on him. He kicks a nice ball and had one carry 61 yards in the air with very nice hang time ( did not OUT kick the cover unit at all as they had time to get down there because of the Hang Time). He will be a good punter in the NFL if what we saw was not a abnormality and sorry to say this but thanks for all the great Years Jon but this guy looks like a keeper because of #1 Cheaper, #2 Younger and #3 looks to have a better leg than Ryan does not ( i wouldn't say better than Ryan's if he was younger ).

I wont be surprised if we see a 70+ yard punt all AIR time from Dickson's leg this preseason/Season.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong leg, unique skill set but really i don't know if it was because of his punts that they were having problems catching them or "preseason" issues. If we continue to see bobbled catches on punts this Preseason then i say it's on him. He kicks a nice ball and had one carry 61 yards in the air with very nice hang time ( did not OUT kick the cover unit at all as they had time to get down there because of the Hang Time). He will be a good punter in the NFL if what we saw was not a abnormality and sorry to say this but thanks for all the great Years Jon but this guy looks like a keeper because of #1 Cheaper, #2 Younger and #3 looks to have a better leg than Ryan does not ( i wouldn't say better than Ryan's if he was younger ).

I wont be surprised if we see a 70+ yard punt all AIR time from Dickson's leg this preseason/Season.

??? He’s made a career of making it difficult for the returner to catch the ball. That’s his MO. Why would you discredit that in the preseason?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys saw Rasheem Green out there getting 2 sacks? at 280 pounds I didnt think he could get there I thought he was more of an anchor. I liked what I saw overall from the RBs, to Offensive line, to the defense, Shaqueem Griffin is flying around. I am still a little worried about Tedric Thompson and flowers but they werent to shabby. We will see how they will do on the road

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? He’s made a career of making it difficult for the returner to catch the ball. That’s his MO. Why would you discredit that in the preseason?

The guy won the MVP of the Texas Bowl. First punter to ever win MVP of a bowl game.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what they were saying in training camp but i have not seen much about a lot of bobbled catches in college. What he does do is most of the time makes the returner chase to field the ball. That always makes it harder to catch. Like i said i want to see it happen in more than 1 preseason game before i say he has some special voodoo on the ball lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man you guys saw Rasheem Green out there getting 2 sacks? at 280 pounds I didnt think he could get there I thought he was more of an anchor. I liked what I saw overall from the RBs, to Offensive line, to the defense, Shaqueem Griffin is flying around. I am still a little worried about Tedric Thompson and flowers but they werent to shabby. We will see how they will do on the road

Green also had 7 tackles and 3 QB hits... Impressive debut for sure... I think Mingo was a diamond in the rough kind of a find... He's going to be impactful on this team in Pete's scheme... Excited to see him play...

sportsnorthwest said:
Even though his numbers weren’t great (eight carries for 16 yards) rookie Rashaad Penny made some impressive moves. According to Pro Football Focus, Penny forced three missed tackles, the third best in the league out of the 41 backs who had at least four carries Thursday night. Once he breaks a tackle or two and gets to the outside, he’s a hard runner to bring down. He now weighs 236 pounds.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got back last night from a 17 day, 3200 mile trip on my motorcycle (Army retirement ride through Canada and Sturgis) and wasn't able to catch the game from Deer Lodge, MT the other night, but I just watched it this morning. My comments:

My #1 takeaway is I'm encouraged that we'll have a 1-2 punch in the backfield with Carson & Penny that is going to give Russell the help he hasn't had the last 2 seasons. And I say encouraged vs a word like "convinced" because I respect that it is still just pre-season. However, I saw what I had hoped to see from the ground game while the 1st teamers were in there.

The presumed starting OL looked like an actual NFL line. Again with the disclaimer of it's just pre-season, but for at least the time being I have much less fear about RW's health behind this year's group. There were some holes to run through, RW had some time in the pocket, and no critical mistakes. I heard about the Sweezy signing on the road, wondering how he'll fit in and whether he'll be a guy who can compete to start here again or if he's going to have to fight just to make the team. Still lots to prove, but for now I'm optimistic that the new coaching and 1 or 2 new starters is going to do the trick. Finally.

Pretty much every 2018 draft pick impressed me. Penny showed a good burst and uncommon lateral quickness for a guy his size. Rasheem Green balled out and looks like he could be a huge steal. Shaquem made plays all over the place (9 tackles) and did the same things I saw him do in college for the most part. Dissly did his thing with the blocking and wasted no time getting on the board with a couple receptions. Dickson made an impact by booming a 60 yarder and also pinned one inside the 15 (thanks for the years Jon Ryan, but I think your days are numbered). Tre Flowers gave up some completions, but everything was in front of him and pretty much 0 YAC. Even McGough was really efficient and made a few nice, athletic plays that could keep him in the running to make this team and maybe even win the backup job (Austin Davis is just a guy). This draft class really looks sharp right now. And though not a rookie, Tedric Thompson more or less red shirted last year, and I thought he looked really good -- covered lots of ground and sure tackling.

I remain unconvinced that losses of a few "name" players will kill this team in '18. It's clear to me that offensive leader Russell Wilson and defensive leader Bobby Wagner are excited about what they have in the younger guys and the direction the new coaches are taking them. There was lots of young talent on the field the other night that showed serious promise, and we'll get to mix that with several key vets who didn't play or played very little -- Doug Baldwin, Dion Jordan, Frank Clark, Ed Dickson, Brandon Marshall, Byon Maxwell, and Earl Thomas. Rival fans were quick to write us off for dead this off-season, but I think that's awfully premature. I am fine with acknowledging the Rams as the team to beat in our division, but thinking we are a 6-10 type team because we lost a couple 30+ year old players doesn't add up when we still have RW, a great HC, and lots of supporting talent. Renewed energy on the coaching staff as well.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what i find, strange or maybe just Bullshit?

In the past 26 years the Hawks have opened up at home 9 times and 17 times on the road. Ok so then you figure well that's very VERY lopsided so the second week should be flipped in favor of home. You would think so right? Nope 13-13 home and away. What makes this worse is they also have started the season with two straight ROAD games 5 times in that span and 2 times the past 4 years they have had 2 games on the road before the first home game. The past 8 years they have 6 road games to start the season and 2 home games.

Ok i get it that some think Oh but that means a home heavy schedule at the end of the season, but that is not the case also for the most part.

Just wanted to share that, Thought it was kind of interesting.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way I look at it: we play 8 at home and 8 away no matter how you slice it up. And this year, we're playing @ Chicago and @ Denver no matter what. I would much rather play there earlier in the year than later when it can be bitter cold and snowy in either place, so I'm pretty fine with how this worked out. Plus, we'll be playing Denver with their new QB in his very first start there, which could help us on defense. Timing of injuries and weather are the 2 main scheduling variables in my view, and you can't predict injuries.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...9ers got rocked with the injuries.

So disgusted to see Pettis wearing those colors, but wish him all the success in the world as long as hes not playing the Hawks.

From what I've heard Pettis has looked really good in training camp hopefully it translates to the regular season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the way I look at it: we play 8 at home and 8 away no matter how you slice it up. And this year, we're playing @ Chicago and @ Denver no matter what. I would much rather play there earlier in the year than later when it can be bitter cold and snowy in either place, so I'm pretty fine with how this worked out. Plus, we'll be playing Denver with their new QB in his very first start there, which could help us on defense. Timing of injuries and weather are the 2 main scheduling variables in my view, and you can't predict injuries.

Yes but why do they force the Hawks to have there "SEASON HOME OPENER" almost always in week 2 or week 3 of the season? I would rather see it set up 1 road 1 home to start the season for every team either home or road first doesn't matter in the first 2 games. As far as Denver and Chicago go whats wrong with playing either Denver or Chicago one week later and flop it with the Home game against Dallas in week 3? you think it's going to make a HUGE difference in the weather? LMAO!

the average home games to start the season seem to be between 11-15 in this 26 year period( no shit right? lol ) Most team tend to land in this area but not the Hawks for some reason. Lets just forget about the fact that the travel for the Hawks is the longest in the NFL and throw them on the road for the first game every year :P