• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Preseason Top 25

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what coach picked Oregon

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what coach picked Oregon
Probably Colorado's head coach.

Creighton's head coach is also on the committee and I'm pretty sure he was responsible for voting for Villanova.

List of Voters
The USA TODAY Sports Board of Coaches is made up of 32 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The board for the 2016-17 season: Randy Bennett, Saint Mary's; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Tad Boyle, Colorado; Todd Bozeman, Morgan State; Glenn Braica, St. Francis Brooklyn; Scott Cherry, High Point; Tim Cluess, Iona; Jon Coffman, IP-Fort Wayne; Mick Cronin, Cincinnati; Keith Dambrot, Akron; Cameron Dollar, Seattle; Scott Drew, Baylor; Matt Driscoll, North Florida; Bill Evans, Idaho State; Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Mark Fox, Georgia; John Gallagher, Hartford; Matthew Graves, South Alabama; Mike Rhoades, Rice; George Ivory, Arkansas-Pine Bluff; Ben Jacobson, Northern Iowa; James Jones, Yale; Greg Kampe, Oakland; Dave Loos, Austin Peay; Mike McConathy, Northwestern State; Greg McDermott, Creighton; Chris Mooney, Richmond; Matt Painter, Purdue; Brett Reed, Lehigh; Zach Spiker, Drexel; Bob Williams, UC-Santa Barbara; Mike Young, Wofford.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps at #21

I wasn't expecting them make it tbh.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Arizona and Oregon should be switched. ACC looking beastly once again. Not bad for the B1G to have 5 teams ranked but there isn't a dominant team as of yet. Wisconsin and MSU certainly are candidates for 1 seeds should MSU's freshman pan out and Wiskey's returns progress. I guess Indiana(meh) with Bryant could be a threat as well.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches have this all wrong UW is the team to beat in the BIG not MSU. UW is returning all their starters, two solid freshmen coming in as role players and a Center that will take over the starting position in Van Viliet who had to sit out last year because he was on a Pro European team last season. He's a 7 footer with Dirk Nowitzki type skills. When the AP comes out I expect the Badgers to be in the top 5.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches have this all wrong UW is the team to beat in the BIG not MSU. UW is returning all their starters, two solid freshmen coming in as role players and a Center that will take over the starting position in Van Viliet who had to sit out last year because he was on a Pro European team last season. He's a 7 footer with Dirk Nowitzki type skills. When the AP comes out I expect the Badgers to be in the top 5.

What's the Big Ten look like this year? I'm hoping for a Wisconsin vs. Oregon matchup in Maui. Hopefully the Ducks can get some revenge if we meet up.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the Big Ten look like this year? I'm hoping for a Wisconsin vs. Oregon matchup in Maui. Hopefully the Ducks can get some revenge if we meet up.

UW is easily the frontrunner. MSU lost a ton of talent and is relying heavily on the new recruits. Those are the two teams that have final four expectations. I'll know more about the rest of the BIG soon.

How is Oregon looking this year? What team do you guys play first in the tournament?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is easily the frontrunner. MSU lost a ton of talent and is relying heavily on the new recruits. Those are the two teams that have final four expectations. I'll know more about the rest of the BIG soon.

How is Oregon looking this year? What team do you guys play first in the tournament?

Oregon is looking for a big year this year. Expectations in Eugene are bigger than ever for the basketball team. The team is athletic, deep and experienced. The biggest question is the health of Dillon Brooks. There's a good chance he won't be playing in Maui. That's a big hit for the Ducks.

We play Georgetown in the first round. We should be able to get past them if we play well.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is looking for a big year this year. Expectations in Eugene are bigger than ever for the basketball team. The team is athletic, deep and experienced. The biggest question is the health of Dillon Brooks. There's a good chance he won't be playing in Maui. That's a big hit for the Ducks.

We play Georgetown in the first round. We should be able to get past them if we play well.

You guys are the highest ranked team in this tournament. There's 3 top ten teams and 4 top 25 teams plus Georgetown, Tennessee and OK st. We have Tennessee for the first game. The additions to this team will be we have a 7 ft Center with Range like Dirk. Both Hayes and Bronson are back and are top 5 players at their respective positions. Ethan Happ was the BIG freshmen of the year and I hope he beats Hayes for the BIG player of the year. Last season they weren't even looking like a tournament team and made the elite 8 and were winning with a minute to play. This season they're expected to be the best in the BIG so it's exciting to have high expectations like they did when they went to the Championship game.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are the highest ranked team in this tournament. There's 3 top ten teams and 4 top 25 teams plus Georgetown, Tennessee and OK st. We have Tennessee for the first game. The additions to this team will be we have a 7 ft Center with Range like Dirk. Both Hayes and Bronson are back and are top 5 players at their respective positions. Ethan Happ was the BIG freshmen of the year and I hope he beats Hayes for the BIG player of the year. Last season they weren't even looking like a tournament team and made the elite 8 and were winning with a minute to play. This season they're expected to be the best in the BIG so it's exciting to have high expectations like they did when they went to the Championship game.

:nono:

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Badgers were the better team for the entire game and winning the entire game until the last ten seconds when the refs decided slapping Nigel Hayes on the arm with 10 seconds to go wasn't a foul. REFS MVP for ND.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers were the better team for the entire game and winning the entire game until the last ten seconds when the refs decided slapping Nigel Hayes on the arm with 10 seconds to go wasn't a foul. REFS MVP for ND.

My point was Wisconsin didn't make the Elite 8. And it's tough for me to agree that the Badgers were the better team for the entire game. It was tied with 10 minutes to go, 2 minutes to go and 45 seconds to go. Brown hit a big shot, ND came right down and made a quick bucket then Wisconsin threw up over all over themselves.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was Wisconsin didn't make the Elite 8. And it's tough for me to agree that the Badgers were the better team for the entire game. It was tied with 10 minutes to go, 2 minutes to go and 45 seconds to go. Brown hit a big shot, ND came right down and made a quick bucket then Wisconsin threw up over all over themselves.

ND never had the lead once by 1 point for not even 20 seconds and in the last ten seconds of the game. Badgers did throw up on themselves but the refs took a big shit on them as well. Badgers almost always win the foul margin but ended up getting 10 while ND had 6.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Koenig is not a top 5 PG in the country.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Koenig is not a top 5 PG in the country.

I agree based off last season he was barely a top 4 PG in the BIG and not even top 10 PG in the country. However after seeing him early this season and reading what he did to improve in the offseason I have no doubt he will be a top 5 PG in the country. He's improved by 5 PPG with basically going home and chilling in the offseason. This year he trained in LA twice a day by a man who's trained pro's and another trainer who gets celebs to low body fat% and conditioned. He looks much more athletic already and he's aiming to be the best player in the country on the best team which I think those are very lofty goals but I think he will be selected in the NBA draft just like Decker and Frank the Tank were. Here's a quick article on his offseason training.

Bronson Koenig spent his summer in LA, working towards NBA dream

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree based off last season he was barely a top 4 PG in the BIG and not even top 10 PG in the country. However after seeing him early this season and reading what he did to improve in the offseason I have no doubt he will be a top 5 PG in the country. He's improved by 5 PPG with basically going home and chilling in the offseason. This year he trained in LA twice a day by a man who's trained pro's and another trainer who gets celebs to low body fat% and conditioned. He looks much more athletic already and he's aiming to be the best player in the country on the best team which I think those are very lofty goals but I think he will be selected in the NBA draft just like Decker and Frank the Tank were. Here's a quick article on his offseason training.

Bronson Koenig spent his summer in LA, working towards NBA dream

Off the top of my head I would take these guys over Koening:

Dennis Smith
Markelle Fultz
Lonzo Ball
De'Aron Fox
Edmond Sumner
Melo Trimble
Monte Morris
EC Matthews
Nigel Williams Goss

I also don't see him getting drafted. He's a good college basketball player, but he really doesn't have one skill that translates to the NBA level.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we had a decent basketball team....maybe we will be a surprise this year...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we had a decent basketball team....maybe we will be a surprise this year...

Thought Alabama was surprising last year. You were in position for a bid until Alabama dropped 4 out of their last 5 games. I think just beating Miss. St and Arkansas at home would have been enough.