• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Preseason: Seahawks vs Chargers

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Score is just insane.

I really hope this portends that the Seahawks' depth this season will be deep and wide.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a good first step all the way around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel good game, but just preseason. Was nice to see some of the Seahawks depth players do well.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad showing. I didn't really want to see the first team D give up a TD on the opening drive, but making very much of it is pretty silly.

Came away fairly encouraged by what I saw of the OL. They did get a couple penalties, but they were not allowing free runners at the QB & made some holes for the RBs. It's not like the problem is to be declared fixed, but I have more confidence now that it's on the right track than I did before the game. About 10 seconds before Brock said it during the broadcast, I was thinking to myself that if RW gets as much time back there as Boykin was getting, we will be in business. This line doesn't have to be great or even good -- just not horrible; so far, so good.

Didn't seem like they made too much of an effort to work Lacy into things. To the eye, he looked the part but didn't do much to move the needle one way or the other on what he's going to be in the offense this season. Chris Carson looks like a tough customer, and I understand why the coaches like him so much. If he can play ST, Alex Collins may be in trouble.

Kasen Williams appears to have found a go-to route that may make him stick on a roster somewhere if not in Seattle. All 4 of those catches were impressive and near mirror images of each other. If the Richardson thing lingers more than a week or 2, the former Dawg may make the final 53. Both RB and WR appear to be very deep, just as we thought coming in. Looking forward to seeing TL out there.

I don't know if it means too much, but clearly our deep bench outplayed LAC's. It's possible this is the most defensive depth since 2013.

Good start. Looking forward to fake game #2 on Friday.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the first team D giving up an easy TD and the one blown coverage on the play to Benjamin it's hard to be disappointed in that performance. Hoping to see the first team O score a TD before the last game of the preseason this year though.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boykin apparently has some value to the team after-all. This summer after the Dallas 'stopped in a car,' incident, he was apparently worth a dozen deflated footballs and some used sweat-socks.

Now sure, he's playing against subs, but he looked GOOD against those guys. Which is promising.

If he continues to pan out, the best thing is that the O doesn't have to switch ANYTHING up if he comes into the game. The whole Wilson playbook can be run by Boykin.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the first team D giving up an easy TD and the one blown coverage on the play to Benjamin it's hard to be disappointed in that performance. Hoping to see the first team O score a TD before the last game of the preseason this year though.

I feel like Rivers marching down and scores on us every time he plays us, on the first drive.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting D was a little to soft in the zones, something we are not use to seeing but it's preseason so meh. I hate seeing the Starting O struggle because when they struggle in the preseason they struggle the first 4 to 6 games of the regular season. Lets hope they score twice on Friday then sit.

Carson looked like the true "POWER" back of this offense not Lacy. Rawls had high effort but not a lot of success. The Oline was not good but not bad either. They sure don't know how to run block like they use to. Marshawn sure did cover up a lot of faults when he was the lead RB from the oline.

To bad we did not get to see Darboh but Friday will be here soon enough, can't wait to see him in action.

The Good
Carson looks the part and glad i said keep a eye on him after the draft
Kasen looks like a man out there, boy has he changed from when we first saw him build wise. Watching him being physical on his rec was good to see and something this team needs.
Oline looked better than what we had last year and thats all i ask for.
Forced turnovers, a bunch of them AND took advantage of them.
Walsh made every kick and my stress level went down 1 tick ( lol )
Depth looks to be DEEP once again
Both Back-up QB's looked solid! BOTH not just Boykin.

The Bad
Injuries suck in the preseason and Richardson might have cost himself by diving for a pass that he could have just ran under.
The middle zone was exploited on defense.
didn't get much pressure with the first unit on D
First string offense was once again held with out a TD.
Run blocking was hit or miss

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
starting D was a little to soft in the zones, something we are not use to seeing but it's preseason so meh. I hate seeing the Starting O struggle because when they struggle in the preseason they struggle the first 4 to 6 games of the regular season. Lets hope they score twice on Friday then sit.

Carson looked like the true "POWER" back of this offense not Lacy. Rawls had high effort but not a lot of success. The Oline was not good but not bad either. They sure don't know how to run block like they use to. Marshawn sure did cover up a lot of faults when he was the lead RB from the oline.

To bad we did not get to see Darboh but Friday will be here soon enough, can't wait to see him in action.

The Good
Carson looks the part and glad i said keep a eye on him after the draft
Kasen looks like a man out there, boy has he changed from when we first saw him build wise. Watching him being physical on his rec was good to see and something this team needs.
Oline looked better than what we had last year and thats all i ask for.
Forced turnovers, a bunch of them AND took advantage of them.
Walsh made every kick and my stress level went down 1 tick ( lol )
Depth looks to be DEEP once again
Both Back-up QB's looked solid! BOTH not just Boykin.

The Bad
Injuries suck in the preseason and Richardson might have cost himself by diving for a pass that he could have just ran under.
The middle zone was exploited on defense.
didn't get much pressure with the first unit on D
First string offense was once again held with out a TD.
Run blocking was hit or miss

I wonder if Lacy will be the odd man out when it comes to trimming down the roster... Lacy isn't guaranteed a spot... He needs a better showing the next few games imo or he could find himself unemployed... Carson will have to play like he did as well though to make that happen...